Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Ps and Ds getting all excited about an old fashioned power struggle :)

League 1 = Diddy club

Despite all the money that's went into the "club" recently you've only got £10m left in the bank with no overdraft facility

Yip, it's just a power struggle.

f**k me, it wasn't a dream! There really is only 10m left!

Loved that zoomer who can't wait for Ally to spend it in January. :lol:

At least they're finally asking questions. When's Novo signing? :lol:

My sides, my aching fucking sides!!!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

f**k me, it wasn't a dream! There really is only 10m left!

Loved that zoomer who can't wait for Ally to spend it in January. :lol:

At least they're finally asking questions. When's Novo signing? :lol:

My sides, my aching fucking sides!!!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

They truly are the gift that keeps on giving. :lol:

If it's not their thick fans it's the nutjobs and crooks that are running them. :lol:

10M left :lol:

Edited by MikeyWellFan

But that's what I've never understood. They started off a year ago with no debt, why not just run the company at break even for 3 years until they got to the top league.

It's because as I said at the time, Rangers would rather risk another death, than risk losing football matches. It's been our good fortune that with McCoist in charge of the team, they've been able to risk both.

There was never the patience to acquire decent lower league players and compete to win the leagues with only a relatively minor advantage conferred by their large crowds, training facilities and being full-time. No, instead they had to buy players much, much better than those around them, in order to pulverise the opposition. As it was, despite being awful, they did still manage to win their league by a street and secure those bonuses for directors.

Remember too that McCoist spoke of how Rangers fans deserved to see players of stature.

There was never any appetite to genuinely re-build and take as long as it took. It's as if Rangers have to be massive and dominant, or they can't be, at all.

Right now, the second option is starting to look at least as likely as the first.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I knew it was going to be a good night, last night. When i heard big DJ tell a super scoreboard caller that Charles Green has no influence over the directors.

Marc Guidi, i think it was, basically told him to stop being so stupid and open his eyes.

Oh for sure I said that and I stand by it. I had a dram but what I said was right,. I discussed it, again, last night on P&B's most boring thread:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/204546-fao-my-fellow-bears/

My statement that, "The world's least corrupt countries are either (historically) Protestant ones or those who were heavily influenced by The Reformation." is only peripherally related to it.

And yet, despite this "only peripheral" relation, you attempted to connect the two very explicitly the other night by saying that Rangers' financial disaster was particularly unpallatable because they're a Protestant institution.

You were right about how boring the thread you linked to was. I tend to stay out of the OF section of the forum for mental health reasons, and that foray won't draw me back. The exchanges made some of our Hellbhoy/Tedi debates seem positively compelling.

Even if we ignore the subtle implication that if Protestants are brought up to believe in honest financial dealings, perhaps others aren't; there's other stuff to object to in what you say.

It's a myth, for instance, to suggest that the sober values you espouse (ironically, when pished) have characterised Ranger's approach until recent times. The ego driven credit reliant posturing of Murray goes back a long way, and spawned an ugly triumphalism.

Believe me Kincardine, when I see pictures of the crowd lapping up Traynor's words, or of the handful staging a sit-in, my thoughts do not turn to anything connected to The Enlightenment.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Dave King in Rangers administration warning

Posted Image

Former Rangers director Dave King says the club could be headed for administration. Picture: SNS

Published on the 08th August 2013 

FORMER Rangers director Dave King has warned that Rangers could go into administration by Christmas unless Charles Green lowers his asking price and sells up.

The South African based businessman is looking to acquire a controlling stake but has branded the current share asking price ‘absurd’.

Former Rangers chief executive Charles Green, who is now acting as a consultant for the club, has told minority shareholder Jim McColl that his consortium will sell its 28% stake in the club if given £14m by Friday. Green’s consortium bought the assets of Rangers following its liquidation and formed a newco club.

King’s personal assets have been unfrozen after he reached agreement with the South African tax authorities although he still faces criminal charges. He told the Mail: “I am absolutely 100 per cent certain that none of these factors are an issue at the present moment. “The greater obstacle remains Green’s insistence on seeking 70p for shares that are currently just worth over half that on the stock market. “The current regime have made offers of shares to me at various stages and various levels. “But the amounts on offer are insufficient to excercise any real control - and I have regarded the share price they have been asking as absurd.

“I am happy to be part of a recapitilisation of the club. But my preference would be to be issued with new shares. And the money I provide must go into the club. “And it must be properly controlled and properly managed. “I don’t see myself or anyone else putting money in to pay these guys off.”

King warned that the club was close to running out of money. He said: “There is an invevitibility to the fact that the people currently operating Rangers are going to run out of cash. “The club raised £22m via an IPO (Initial Public Offering) and that was whittled down to virtually nothing. “I think it was down to £5m or £6m in the bank and has now got a boost via season ticket sales. “But the way directors are spending money on Green’s consultancy fees and other things, I don’t think they will make Christmas.

“The question then is: when they go to the markets again, are they going to find other investors willing to put more money into the club? “We had all these guys come in and buy into Green’s business plan. They paid 70p a share and witnessed those shares lose value very, very quickly. “They are not going to increase their holding and other inverstors will be very, very wary. “So if they get to the point where they are close to administration again by Christmas and the season ticket money is gone and they have the same high overheads and are running out of cash , they will be faced with administration again. “And what that will mean is all the shareholders including Green - losing all their money. In which case, they will have to be realistic about their demands at that stage.

“The club is being run on the basis of protecting shareholder value - particuarly by those who paid nothing for the shares and want to make something. “It’s a question of Green making £2m, £3m or whatever. “He regards that as his compensation for what he thinks he has achieved. “But the way it’s going now he could end up with nothing.

“His priority currently is to make sure he gets something. And he will continue doing that. But the result of that is simple. The club will run out of money.”

Pretty much on the money (excuse the shit pun) :rolleyes:

Chucky holds the key to this clusterfuck and we all know how diplomatic and considered ol' big hands is when it comes to negotiations :D

Regardless, if they can't control their urge to spend ridiculously to buy success rather than earn it..... they're well and truly.....and deservedly tucked.

Pretty much on the money (excuse the shit pun) :rolleyes:

Chucky holds the key to this clusterfuck and we all know how diplomatic and considered ol' big hands is when it comes to negotiations :D

Regardless, if they can't control their urge to spend ridiculously to buy success rather than earn it..... they're well and truly.....and deservedly tucked.

I actually think that another admin will be avoided.

Green spent so little of his own money on this, that even if he gets a small fraction of what he's currently after, he'll have made a fortune in just two years..

£14m for 28% of the club was obviously ludicrous, but as a typically OTT opening gambit it's maybe not surprising.

I can see him selling up cheaply, disappearing and something a bit more sane taking over.

I don't know though and it'll be a lot of fun finding out.

I actually think that another admin will be avoided.

Green spent so little of his own money on this, that even if he gets a small fraction of what he's currently after, he'll have made a fortune in just two years..

£14m for 28% of the club was obviously ludicrous, but as a typically OTT opening gambit it's maybe not surprising.

I can see him selling up cheaply, disappearing and something a bit more sane taking over.

I don't know though and it'll be a lot of fun finding out.

Inclined to agree MT. Surely this mega farce will come to an end somewhere down the line?

However, I believe the starker truth for the triumphalist (majority) of their support is that they are many years away from being able to compete at anywhere near the level that the previous incarnation did with its endless credit rich diet.

Can The Rangers keep their "record breaking" attendances if they're not winning titles? Previous history suggests not so the only way to keep the masses onside may be to invent confrontational issues with the governing authorities to keep the money coming in, after all, it's worked well for them so far. ;)