Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Reasonable summary...

you do better when you have smoked and drunk...drank....drinked...whatever...what I have

smoked and drinked

that is

Ed, I always smoke like a lum. Drink? As much as I can - except on school days.

I agree with much of what you posted regarding the financial gulf and for sure it's going to be a problem for us. it could be much more than a 3 year recovery.

Right now I am pursuing the wee fanny who said, " those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers."

Unlike you, a decent poster, I'm wagering I'll get nothing sensible back in response.

You could have tidied it up a bit after copying before posting and made it readable ffs! Where did you copy it from - link?

The £20million was from UEFA and doesn't include income of other £millions via home match ticket sales, sponsorship and television?

Well excuse me, I writ it myself

However I am sitting in the dark, wearing a fedora and flicking dry roasted peanuts at the TV because Ed Milliband is a c**t and deserves peanutting and I reserve the right to type shite as and when the mood takes me...

What was the question?

Well excuse me, I writ it myself

However I am sitting in the dark, wearing a fedora and flicking dry roasted peanuts at the TV because Ed Milliband is a c**t and deserves peanutting and I reserve the right to type shite as and when the mood takes me...

What was the question?

Ed, don't. He's the regularly-banned zoomer, as was pointed out to me the other day.

I agree with much of what you posted regarding the financial gulf and for sure it's going to be a problem for us. it could be much more than a 3 year recovery.

Right now I am pursuing the wee fanny who said, " those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers."

Unlike you, a decent poster, I'm wagering I'll get nothing sensible back in response.

Right wing, of course, has become a byword for racist...

QED Novo is a racist?

Or a meringue?

Ed, don't. He's the regularly-banned zoomer, as was pointed out to me the other day.

I support TRIFC so it's damn obvious that I'm a zoomer, that part is true. I doubt that he needs you to point that out to him. It's just as well that I didn't support the tax dodging charity thieving cheating RFC that you and your fellow Tedi Bears did before liquidation as well as this new TRIFC. If I was a fan of both the old and new club I wouldn't be a zoomer, i would be one of you. :lol:

Right wing, of course, has become a byword for racist...

QED Novo is a racist?

Or a meringue?

Ed, I haven't a clue about Novo's politics. I'd also say he's been entertained more than he deserves. Aye we all love wee Nacho but there should be limits.

You know you replied to a many-times-banned fanny? It's ok. I did the same.

What amazes me is this:

those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers.

This is pretty idiotic. I'll give you a moment to reflect how idiotic it is. After that I'll ask you justify it.

You then have 3 choices: 1. Debate the statement, "Those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers."..2. Retract your statement. 3. Don't reply to me.

I won't hold my breath.

Firstly, can I say that I'm only responding to the extract highlighted in bold above. Not on the rest of the post.

If you infer it as "Rangers supporters are of the extreme right" then I agree it's idiotic. However, the wording is "those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers". I think this POV can be supported in debate.

Most, if not all of us on here, have supported our teams from a very early age. I know I have and I'm certain you have. We didn't really choose to support our teams. Supporting Killie is not a decision I have come to in adult life - it's been with me as long as I can remember because of my family. It's also the same for my kids. I have supported Killie since long before I had even the slightest interest in or opinion of politics. The idea of me now choosing to switch support to a different ream for political, religious or any other reason is absolutely ridiculous and I'm sure it's the same for you. The only certainties in life are death, taxes and supporting your team.....

However, if I had been brought up with absolutely no footballing allegiances or even interest, then things may be different. What if I, as an adult, had been persuaded/conditioned/brainwashed, for whatever reason to have extreme right wing views (BNP, EDL, SDL, UKIP, etc.)? If I then decided that I needed to choose a team to support in Scotland, which team would it be? Which team would appear to give me the environment, background, anthems, call it what you will that I would want, feel at home in or think that I could exploit. Would it be Aberdeen? Celtic? I don't think so.

The unfortunate thing is that Rangers, and Celtic, are about more than just football, and, whether you like it or not, will always attract "supporters" for completely the wrong reasons.

Firstly, can I say that I'm only responding to the extract highlighted in bold above. Not on the rest of the post.

If you infer it as "Rangers supporters are of the extreme right" then I agree it's idiotic. However, the wording is "those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers". I think this POV can be supported in debate.

Most, if not all of us on here, have supported our teams from a very early age. I know I have and I'm certain you have. We didn't really choose to support our teams. Supporting Killie is not a decision I have come to in adult life - it's been with me as long as I can remember because of my family. It's also the same for my kids. I have supported Killie since long before I had even the slightest interest in or opinion of politics. The idea of me now choosing to switch support to a different ream for political, religious or any other reason is absolutely ridiculous and I'm sure it's the same for you. The only certainties in life are death, taxes and supporting your team.....

However, if I had been brought up with absolutely no footballing allegiances or even interest, then things may be different. What if I, as an adult, had been persuaded/conditioned/brainwashed, for whatever reason to have extreme right wing views (BNP, EDL, SDL, UKIP, etc.)? If I then decided that I needed to choose a team to support in Scotland, which team would it be? Which team would appear to give me the environment, background, anthems, call it what you will that I would want, feel at home in or think that I could exploit. Would it be Aberdeen? Celtic? I don't think so.

The unfortunate thing is that Rangers, and Celtic, are about more than just football, and, whether you like it or not, will always attract "supporters" for completely the wrong reasons.

OK I appreciate you taking the effort to reply. My comment was not aimed at you but respect to you for having a go.

You replied to the notion, " those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers."

You also chose to defend that notion

I can't actually say if you are right or wrong for this simple reason: I do not know anyone from 'the extreme right' who supports Rangers. Furthermore, anyone from 'the extreme right" would be given bumsrush from Ibrox.

Why? We are simply not the kind of club for whom that sort of politics can be attached to.

What you are doing is the usual: confusing normal people with no axe to grind with extremists. We are not at all.

Aye, many of us are a wee bit Orange. This is fine. This does not make us, "extreme right preference in (our) politics. I'd wager most rangers fans actually vote Labour

Edited by The_Kincardine

OK I appreciate you taking the effort to reply. My comment was not aimed at you but respect to you for having a go.

You replied to the notion, " those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers."

You also chose to defend that notion

I can't actually say if you are right or wrong for this simple reason: I do not know anyone from 'the extreme right' who supports Rangers. Furthermore, anyone from 'the extreme right" would be given bumsrush from Ibrox.

Why? We are simply not the kind of club for whom that sort of politics can be attached to.

What you are doing is the usual: confusing normal people with no axe to grind with extremists. We are not at all.

Aye, many of us are a wee bit Orange. This is fine. This does not make us, "extreme right preference in (our) politics. I'd wager most rangers fans actually vote Labour

Fair points K. To be fair, I know quite a lot of Rangers supporters and none of them could be described as extreme right. A few a wee bit Orange, maybe a few a big bit Orange but none I know are extreme right. But, if I was extreme right and I was trying to choose a team to support, then Rangers would be high on the list to begin with. (God knows it wouldn't be Killie because it's just too much hard work....) I'd like to think I'd be hunted from Rangers but I'm not sure to be honest. It's perception....

I lived and worked in the north east for a good few years and I never once saw a BNP stall in Aberdeen - although I avoided the city if Aberdeen were at home to Rangers or Celtic so I may have missed it.

To be frank though I don't see what's fine with being even a wee bit Orange. Not in Scotland. Not in 21st century.

Fair points K. To be fair, I know quite a lot of Rangers supporters and none of them could be described as extreme right. A few a wee bit Orange, maybe a few a big bit Orange but none I know are extreme right. But, if I was extreme right and I was trying to choose a team to support, then Rangers would be high on the list to begin with. (God knows it wouldn't be Killie because it's just too much hard work....) I'd like to think I'd be hunted from Rangers but I'm not sure to be honest. It's perception....

I lived and worked in the north east for a good few years and I never once saw a BNP stall in Aberdeen - although I avoided the city if Aberdeen were at home to Rangers or Celtic so I may have missed it.

To be frank though I don't see what's fine with being even a wee bit Orange. Not in Scotland. Not in 21st century.

Cuy, I don't see that we disagree about much and it's nice to have a little debate. I lived between Banchory and Aboyne a while back and The BNP certainly had a wee booth on Union Street. From memory they were from Turriff? I am open to be corrected, but I remember that The Turriff BNP were quite active. Nothing to do with Rangers.

I note your comment, "To be frank though I don't see what's fine with being even a wee bit Orange. Not in Scotland. Not in 21st century. "

What's fine? We Bears value political discourse and debate rather than snobbish ignorance as you just exhibited.. This is part of the thinking behind behind the Revolution of 1688.

This is why it matters, In Scotland, In the 21st Century.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Its no surprise why those of extreme right preference in their politics choose to support Rangers.

Did you actually read the article? The guy fronting it is a hamiilton accies fan. Nowhere in that article are Rangers fans mentioned.

For the record he posts on here so take it up with him!

Are you telling us you really don't know the answer to that! Really! Are you that blinkered?