Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Wtf? Seriously, did you read what that Major Eales bloke said? He came out utterly unequivocally in his opposition to the celebratory nature of the event?

How can his comments possibly be interpreted differently?

Some selected and distorted snippets from an email he sent to a complainer.

"The powers that be" that you're talking about are Celtic FC. I trust their judgement better than I do a bunch of yahoos who turned us into a figure of national approbrium.

Lawwell and his cronies are cocks. Always have been. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I'll rather stand with fellow supporters than millionaires in suits any day of the week.

If they didn't care about it, then why take any sort of stance about it, be it pro or anti?

Human nature, geezer. Most folk don't care about Political Issue (x) but if you pressure them into taking a side, then Issue (x) gets more polarised, idiotic and angry.

That's exactly what the poppy protest was about - forcing people who wouldn't otherwise care to pick a side, exploiting their club loyalty.

Far better to say "Those people are deliberately trying to foster division and hatred because they are idiots" and leave it at that.

Sadly, because of the tribal nature of it, that's not what happened.

Edited by flyingrodent

Fair enough, celebrating was an inappropriate word to us, honouring is more fitting.

What honour is there in whistling,shouting and applauding on a day that is set aside to respect the fallen to be followed by a glorified football match in which the majority of fans will quickly forget the dead to spout bile in the same breath ?.

Just imagine if Stenny pump The Clone Rangers at Ibrox then how fucking dignified will your fellow fans be then ?.

Do you actually think those who fell in battles for our freedoms and died care about the circus proposed at Ibrox tomorrow ?,it's a sham and a disgrace to my family members who died in those great battles and would most definitely be insulted by it with a Football club using the occasion for a cheap publicity stunt to appear like they fucking care.

Well it's fair to say that you sipport the corporate agenda to use the armed forces to keep their shareholders happy by envading countries for regime change to a puppet president who will allow the UK to abuse the countries resources for profit.

There are no real wars any more sonny.

Oh dear...

So what are we discussing, the present day or last year? I'll discuss the present day, if you want to discuss something that has been well covered, be my guest.

You're fooling nobody.

This year's event sounds a bit more tasteful. Personally, I think it's a rather daft, but unsurprising attempt by Rangers as a club to appeal to that strong, unthinking unionist sentiment in the support. It's pretty crude and a bit insulting to the intelligence, but fine if well done.

Similarly, I can understand why the forces are glad of the public approval, which again, seems alright to me.

Last year's version however, was really terrible. That was what was being highlighted when you barged in suggesting the forces had no objections. Nobody's fooled by your weasely backtracking when confronted by evidence that you were profoundly wrong.

Lawwell and his cronies are cocks. Always have been. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I'll rather stand with fellow supporters than millionaires in suits any day of the week.

I have my own opinion on poppies and remembrance and don't take my cues from the Celtic board. Because there's more to life than football, eh?

Nonetheless, I won't change my advice. I've always chosen my own opinion and I couldn't give a damn whether my "fellow supporters" disagree.

The sad thing is, everything I'm saying here dignifies the poppy bullshit as an issue worth getting worked up about. It isn't.

Everybody, Celtic fans and non-Celtic fans, should ignore it. It's a wedge issue designed to create mutual hate and loathing, and should be rejected as such.

You're fooling nobody.

This year's event sounds a bit more tasteful. Personally, I think it's a rather daft, but unsurprising attempt by Rangers as a club to appeal to that strong, unthinking unionist sentiment in the support. It's pretty crude and a bit insulting to the intelligence, but fine if well done.

Similarly, I can understand why the forces are glad of the public approval, which again, seems alright to me.

Last year's version however, was really terrible. That was what was being highlighted when you barged in suggesting the forces had no objections. Nobody's fooled by your weasely backtracking when confronted by evidence that you were profoundly wrong.

WKR Lite, almost word for word.

To me and most other normal people the events at Ibrox look nothing more than a jazzed up recruitment show to tell the gullible how much fun you could have in the army :rolleyes: To me they glorify war with all this shite and the dead seem to be the last thing on anyones mind, especially a bunch of pissed up football fans.

I don't think that war is in any way being glorified, in fact the vast majority of Rangers fans, as in any fans throughout Britain, look on war as futile but at the end of the day these people are doing a job which they all signed up for and for that reason they are being honoured, not just at Ibrox but throughout Britain. What would you think if a football ground (Ibrox for example) was named 'The Help For Heroes Stadium', would that bother you?

Do you actually think those who fell in battles for our freedoms and died care about the circus proposed at Ibrox tomorrow ?,it's a sham and a disgrace to my family members who died in those great battles and would most definitely be insulted by it with a Football club using the occasion for a cheap publicity stunt to appear like they fucking care.

It's not a circus, Hellish. Far from it. It's a day when tens of thousands of us get to stand and applaud and thank men and women who do things we cannot. You think the forces send all those serving from the Navy, Army and RAF from able seamen to high-ranking officers because it's a sham?

You can't have it both ways on this issue. Your trying (incredibly badly) to suggest you respect the very forces who will send their representatives to be welcomed at Ibrox - by attacking the club that provides the welcome?

Make your mind up - if you can.

It's not a circus, Hellish. Far from it. It's a day when tens of thousands of us get to stand and applaud and thank men and women who do things we cannot. You think the forces send all those serving from the Navy, Army and RAF from able seamen to high-ranking officers because it's a sham?

You can't have it both ways on this issue. Your trying (incredibly badly) to suggest you respect the very forces who will send their representatives to be welcomed at Ibrox - by attacking the club that provides the welcome?

Make your mind up - if you can.

www.army.mod.uk/apply/