Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Mather news is of the type I no longer know how to greet.

Obviously, my preferred reading is that it's new evidence of the comic turmoil which Ibrox has become synonymous with. If it was related to his posturing over South African excursions, that would be funny too.

I do worry however that if shysters move on again, they'll some time run out of amoral idiots to replace them with. I do worry in weak moments that an act of some description will one day be got together.

The departure of Mather might, as Bendarroch states with touching certainty, hasten that day.

The Mather news is of the type I no longer know how to greet.

Obviously, my preferred reading is that it's new evidence of the comic turmoil which Ibrox has become synonymous with. If it was related to his posturing over South African excursions, that would be funny too.

I do worry however that if shysters move on again, they'll some time run out of amoral idiots to replace them with. I do worry in weak moments that an act of some description will one day be got together.

The departure of Mather might, as Bendarroch states with touching certainty, hasten that day.

Nah, it doesn't matter who's in charge, we'll still be able to point and laugh till out hearts content. :D

With the way Rangers go through chief executives it shouldn't be long until it's my turn.

Andy Warhol said that in the future everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. (or words to that effect)

He said nothing about everyone having a shot at being director of an ignominious football club but it's happening. :lol:

ETA Ignominious Basterds.............I like the sound of that. (probly bin dun already)

Edited by cyderspaceman

Andy Warhol said that in the future everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. (or words to that effect)

He said nothing about everyone having a shot at being director of an ignominious football club but it's happening. :lol:

ETA Ignominious Basterds.............I like the sound of that. (probly bin dun already)

Cue photoshops of Tarantino's movie. :)

From Mather as quoted on the BBC site.

"The interests of the club are of paramount importance and I believe these are best served by me leaving the club," Mather told the Rangers website.

"I have enjoyed a very constructive relationship with [manager] Ally McCoist and wish him and the team every success.

"I leave with my head held high and will remain as a shareholder and a supporter of Ally and his team.

"I consider it to have been my privilege and I am certain that once the board is settled Rangers will be restored to the top of Scottish football.

"I wish Rangers and the fans every success in the weeks, months and years ahead."

This statement is typical of what is issued to the punters through the MMS. If Mather had any self respect or competence he would have made sure he had a chairman in place before he jumped, That would have served the best interests of the club.

What we are seeing is a guy who has been found out big time. So clueless and incompetent that no amount of spin from Jim Traynor can hide him from reality. Mather may wish the club every success, but that will be despite him and his best endeavours.

This statement is so like Ally taking the pay cut :lol::o . Say what the punters want to hear, but lie through your teeth at the same time. :thumbsdown

Ally's salary is safe for now. Can't see the decimated board trying to take him on at this stage. They need every Ally they can buy.

Wait till the AGM and the new brooms. Traynor to go week one :thumsup2 Ally will be there a couple of months and then eased out in a way that doesn't upset Rangers Media fans too much but removes his corrupting influence.

Edited by thelegendthatis

With all of this bad publicity and crap flying about how come we haven't heard from Jim Traynor?

Is he not taking a wage as their press/media officer?

he does less than McCoist

Doesn't know where his next plate of lamb is coming from expect? http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/succulent-lamb-rack/4144

How do you know what he does/doesn't do?

He is the PR man. His job is to promote a positive image of teh club or at least minimise the bad publicity.

Its really obvius what he isn't doing. He isn't doing his job considering the negative media coverage that is sloshing about at the moment.

He is the PR man. His job is to promote a positive image of teh club or at least minimise the bad publicity.

Its really obvius what he isn't doing. He isn't doing his job considering the negative media coverage that is sloshing about at the moment.

You sure about that?

I was always under the impression that his job was to run and maybe front the clubs media, printed and other versions. Seems to have gone tits up tho....

Amazing stuff today.

Is it to get any better...Has Green's little friend's case been heard yet?

Is this another one off payment that has now to be taken into account, I think the 1million in April is looking a bit optimistic now.

So many questions, its now impossible to keep up.

Shamelessly copied from elsewhere just because I liked it

Choose Life. Choose a Chairman. Choose a director. Choose a spiv. Choose a f***ing big stadium television, choose new players, carparks, training grounds and electrical tin openers. Choose fat sally, low cholesterol, and pay Walters dental insurance. Choose high interest lease backs. Choose stadium repairs. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching Green ducks. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose BBC ALBA and wondering where the f**k you were on Saturday. Choose sitting in that stadium watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing games, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last into a miserable club, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed up spivs you going to vote for to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose sevco…………………..

Edited by cyderspaceman