Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How do you know what he does/doesn't do?

He is the PR man. His job is to promote a positive image of teh club or at least minimise the bad publicity.

Its really obvius what he isn't doing. He isn't doing his job considering the negative media coverage that is sloshing about at the moment.

He is the PR man. His job is to promote a positive image of teh club or at least minimise the bad publicity.

Its really obvius what he isn't doing. He isn't doing his job considering the negative media coverage that is sloshing about at the moment.

You sure about that?

I was always under the impression that his job was to run and maybe front the clubs media, printed and other versions. Seems to have gone tits up tho....

Amazing stuff today.

Is it to get any better...Has Green's little friend's case been heard yet?

Is this another one off payment that has now to be taken into account, I think the 1million in April is looking a bit optimistic now.

So many questions, its now impossible to keep up.

Shamelessly copied from elsewhere just because I liked it

Choose Life. Choose a Chairman. Choose a director. Choose a spiv. Choose a f***ing big stadium television, choose new players, carparks, training grounds and electrical tin openers. Choose fat sally, low cholesterol, and pay Walters dental insurance. Choose high interest lease backs. Choose stadium repairs. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching Green ducks. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose BBC ALBA and wondering where the f**k you were on Saturday. Choose sitting in that stadium watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing games, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last into a miserable club, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed up spivs you going to vote for to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose sevco…………………..

Edited by cyderspaceman

He is the PR man. His job is to promote a positive image of the club or at least minimise the bad publicity.

Rangers Statement at the time of the appointment:

The Rangers Football Club has announced today the appointment of James Traynor as the club’s director of communications. James will be head of media and oversee the development of all media platforms, including Rangers TV, digital, online and print publications. Traynor will be supported by Rangers’ own in-house media team as well as Media House, the PR agency led by the former editor of the Scottish Sun, Jack Irvine.

Nice and fluffy description of his role... and it's obvious that since he took the role, your description above is far more accurate. 200k a year he gets?

Holy feck. The swamp gets nuttier.

A thread on how to commerate WW1....

This is a bit dramatic but significant if carried off. We would require a number of "Volunteers", with maybe a few Ulstermen thrown in for good measure. We would need to get our hands on some WW1 uniforms and equipment etc.So here is the scene at Fortress Ibrox.It opens with posters of Kitchener being carried around the stadium pointing his finger "Your country needs you" these should be easy to come by, lots of young lads running around cheering.Working men with bunnets on talking then volunteering and joinging in. At this point they begin to change into uniforms and begin marching. There is a band from the HLI, the Black Watch, The Argylls leading the parade.Lining the street, women and children are waving white handkerchiefs (and we all wave them)dressed in appropriare clothing as their dads, uncles, brothers, fathers and husbands join in and march off. There are a few period cars around and maybe a horse and cart for the coal man .They disappear on a train through a tunnel (use your imagination here)Arriving at the trenches there is much noise and explosions with gunpowder smoke billowing everywhere, whistles blowing and screaming.(All helped by effects)The boys go over the top into the smoke amid all this carnage to emerge blinded, gassed, on crutches,being carried on stretchers, being helped or led with hands on shoulders(you've seen the scene many times). There are beautiful nurses like Florence Nightingale waiting to care for them, ambulances and men in white coats, an operating room, men in wheelchairs, patched up as best they could be to heal those horrific injuries.It's Remeberence Day, there is a Cenotaph and they march, hobble, are carried, limp,they are pushed or led to solemn music as we watch and be thankful for what they gave. There is a lament that brings us all to tears.The present day armed forces appear to the skirl of the pipes as they march in honour of those who died and they parade around the stadium to us cheering and singing.The last post and a lone piper.........This can be done and is very appropriate

defo isnae one of my timposters....

Rangers Statement at the time of the appointment:

The Rangers Football Club has announced today the appointment of James Traynor as the club’s director of communications. James will be head of media and oversee the development of all media platforms, including Rangers TV, digital, online and print publications. Traynor will be supported by Rangers’ own in-house media team as well as Media House, the PR agency led by the former editor of the Scottish Sun, Jack Irvine.

Nice and fluffy description of his role... and it's obvious that since he took the role, your description above is far more accurate. 200k a year he gets?

As Jimbo is in charge of all 'media platforms' I assume that includes the website.

There you can find the exciting invitation for you and your family to enjoy the Ibrox experience with the tour leader being a Rangers legend. http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/5205-enjoy-half-term-with-nacho

Presumably these tours can only happen when fat Ally isn't in the stadium otherwise Nacho goes off message. :lol:

At least Ally has been consistent throughout all of these shenanigans..... :lol::lol::lol:

That is just hilarious.

It's tremendous and baffling that this guy somehow retains credibility.

He's a rotten manager and a gormless, gullible fool. He barely even varies the wording when lending his latest seal of approval to the latest chancer shuffling through.

Instead of the Ibrox WW1 Fantasy Extravaganza they might just play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHTojtx89Cw. But only if they can cope with reality as opposed to romantic fantasy.

And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - Eric Bogle (fae Peebles)

Now when I was a young man, I carried me pack, and I lived the free life of a rover
From the Murray's green basin to the dusty outback, well, I waltzed my Matilda all over.
Then in 1915, my country said son, It's time you stopped rambling, there's work to be done.
So they gave me a tin hat, and they gave me a gun, and they marched me away to the war.

And the band played Waltzing Matilda, as the ship pulled away from the quay
And amidst all the cheers, the flag-waving and tears, we sailed off for Gallipoli
And how well I remember that terrible day, how our blood stained the sand and the water
And of how in that hell that they called Suvla Bay, we were butchered like lambs at the slaughter.
Johnny Turk he was waiting, he'd primed himself well. He shower'd us with bullets,
And he rained us with shell. And in five minutes flat, he'd blown us all to hell
Nearly blew us right back to Australia.

But the band played Waltzing Matilda, when we stopped to bury our slain.
We buried ours, and the Turks buried theirs, then we started all over again.
And those that were left, well we tried to survive, in that mad world of blood, death and fire
And for ten weary weeks, I kept myself alive, though around me the corpses piled higher
Then a big Turkish shell knocked me arse over head, and when I woke up in my hospital bed,
And saw what it had done, well I wished I was dead. Never knew there was worse things than dyin'.

For I'll go no more waltzing Matilda, all around the green bush far and free
To hump tent and pegs, a man needs both legs-no more waltzing Matilda for me.
So they gathered the crippled, the wounded, the maimed, and they shipped us back home to Australia.
The legless, the armless, the blind, the insane, those proud wounded heroes of Suvla
And as our ship pulled into Circular Quay, I looked at the place where me legs used to be.
And thanked Christ there was nobody waiting for me, to grieve, to mourn, and to pity.

But the band played Waltzing Matilda, as they carried us down the gangway.
But nobody cheered, they just stood and stared, then they turned all their faces away
And so now every April, I sit on me porch, and I watch the parades pass before me.
And I see my old comrades, how proudly they march, reviving old dreams of past glories
And the old men march slowly, old bones stiff and sore. They're tired old heroes from a forgotten war
And the young people ask, what are they marching for? And I ask myself the same question.

But the band plays Waltzing Matilda, and the old men still answer the call,
But as year follows year, more old men disappear. Someday no one will march there at all.
Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda, who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?
And their ghosts may be heard as they march by that billabong, who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?

Rumours rumours.....pray to whichever God you have that it has no substance.

Edgar Blamm ‏@EdgarBlamm 14m

A little birdie tells me the paunchy former quiz-show panelist has parted company with his clumpany. #justsayin