Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That sounds like a decent plan, actually.

Maybe for every £5 your nearest rival pays you could pay £10 to ensure you "dominate domestically".

Maybe you could even come up with some creative "tax efficient" ways of paying your players, meaning you (er..."don't") obtain a competitive advantage by being able to attract better footballers by offering higher net wages than the other clubs who pay their fair share of social tax.

What could possibly go wrong with such a stellar plan?

Oh....wait a minute... :blink:

Bugger.Beaten to it. I was going to post exactly that. Well, almost exactly.

ETA I welcome dasodaha as a bit of fresh amusement. Some of the regular bearz on here have become much too sensible.

(I'm sure that would change if the legendary DK WERE to arrive :P but you could hardly blame them)

Edited by cyderspaceman

That sounds like a decent plan, actually.

Maybe for every £5 your nearest rival pays you could pay £10 to ensure you "dominate domestically".

Maybe you could even come up with some creative "tax efficient" ways of paying your players, meaning you (er..."don't") obtain a competitive advantage by being able to attract better footballers by offering higher net wages than the other clubs who pay their fair share of social tax.

What could possibly go wrong with such a stellar plan?

Oh....wait a minute... :blink:

:lol::lol::lol:

As Ally McCoist has recently stated, ''Our higher gate revenues allow us to pay higher wages''. This allows us to attract better players and having better players than the opposition, generally leads to being more successful than that opposition. We have no debt and are on the way back.

DM chased a dream and it went wrong. Under present circumstances of football in Europe, no club from Scotland can be expected to win the CL and so everyone agrees that Rangers won't be replicating DM's dreaming. Rangers will still go on to dominate in Scotland though and achieve relative success in Europe until the football landscape inevitably changes and then we shall be ready to take our rightful place at the top table.

As for any 'second helpings' for you lot, with regard to our wee set-back, I think you'll find that the football authorities of Scotland have no appetite at all for any repeat and will not allow any such thing to happen. I know this makes you all want to explode in rage but them's the breaks.

''Scottish football needs a strong Rangers'' Stewart Regan (SFA) 14/01/2014 :P

As Ally McCoist has recently stated, ''Our higher gate revenues allow us to pay higher wages''. This allows us to attract better players and having better players than the opposition, generally leads to being more successful than that opposition. We have no debt and are on the way back.

DM chased a dream and it went wrong. Under present circumstances of football in Europe, no club from Scotland can be expected to win the CL and so everyone agrees that Rangers won't be replicating DM's dreaming. Rangers will still go on to dominate in Scotland though and achieve relative success in Europe until the football landscape inevitably changes and then we shall be ready to take our rightful place at the top table.

As for any 'second helpings' for you lot, with regard to our wee set-back, I think you'll find that the football authorities of Scotland have no appetite at all for any repeat and will not allow any such thing to happen. I know this makes you all want to explode in rage but them's the breaks.

I agree with the bold part and also that it makes me want to explode with rage but if you think that the rest of Scottish football, will put up with any 'special handling' of any further 'wee set-backs' I think you and Mr Regan are in for a proper version of Armageddon.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Zany stuff. The spirit of Spike Milligan lives on.

"Rightful place" :lol:

"Top Table" :lol::lol:

"Wee set-back" :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, we're keeping this one.

You seem happy to admit that you think The Rangers will benefit from special treatment from the football authorities. This implies that you don't really think that the clumpany is capable of surviving through its own endeavours.

With the existing fan base, The Rangers should be able to survive and indeed thrive on the Scottish scene if they are fiscally prudent but any possible decent showing in Europe is many years away (if they survive the next 12 months) and I can't see them, or anyone else, overtaking Celtic for even longer. More's the pity.

You seem happy to admit that you think The Rangers will benefit from special treatment from the football authorities. This implies that you don't really think that the clumpany is capable of surviving through its own endeavours.

With the existing fan base, The Rangers should be able to survive and indeed thrive on the Scottish scene if they are fiscally prudent but any possible decent showing in Europe is many years away (if they survive the next 12 months) and I can't see them, or anyone else, overtaking Celtic for even longer. More's the pity.

That's the really delicious bit of the whole clusterfuck for me. Had the new rangers come up through the divisions sensibly, and put a few quid aside, they'd have been in a position to challenge for title within five or six years. As it is, they're not going to be anywhere near that level for a decade or so - if, as you say, they survive that long.

A shame for the rest of us, like you say - although I still harbour hopes of one of the current "also-rans" mustering a decent season and maybe sneaking a title.I honestly feel the gap will narrow significantly in the near future, as celtic have to cut their cloth just a little bit neater.

What really makes me laugh is that, while it's quite possible that celtic can rack up ten (or more) titles in a row, it's nigh on certain that it won't be long until they'll be coasting past the combined total titles of rangers and the rangers - the one thing those poor berrz have to cling to - and it's all rangers' fault! :lol:

That's the really delicious bit of the whole clusterfuck for me. Had the new rangers come up through the divisions sensibly, and put a few quid aside, they'd have been in a position to challenge for title within five or six years. As it is, they're not going to be anywhere near that level for a decade or so - if, as you say, they survive that long.

A shame for the rest of us, like you say - although I still harbour hopes of one of the current "also-rans" mustering a decent season and maybe sneaking a title.I honestly feel the gap will narrow significantly in the near future, as celtic have to cut their cloth just a little bit neater.

What really makes me laugh is that, while it's quite possible that celtic can rack up ten (or more) titles in a row, it's nigh on certain that it won't be long until they'll be coasting past the combined total titles of rangers and the rangers - the one thing those poor berrz have to cling to - and it's all rangers' fault! :lol:

Careful, you'll get Timmy accusations with all this honest comment. You wouldn't want that, would you?

All we can hope for imo is the appearance on the scene of the next Alex Ferguson or Jim McLean. Hopefully not at Ibrox. :thumsup2

(monthly rental 1M pounds)

That's exactly why everybody on here thinks he is a complete and utter dick.

He could chop his playing staff by a quarter and still win the leagues.

Lower player wages and lower overheads (ie non-playing staff) equals profit for the future campaigns.

And you being who you are lap this sh*t up big style. Are you ally's twin?

Don't know how you can come to that conclusion, I was simply pointing out that you guys were clinging on to some hope of a re-run of events of 2012 that would in no circumstance be allowed to happen. The SFA have as good as given Rangers a permanent 'get out of jail free card' and stick in your craw as it may, the simple reality of Scottish football is, Rangers and Celtic (albeit to a lesser extent) are Scottish football.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Absolute pish :thumbsdown

Oh dear, "project austerity" and the next admin is going to hit this wee guy hard. :(

Like I said, dream on. It just is not going to happen, regardless of how badly the board run things.

That's exactly why everybody on here thinks he is a complete and utter dick.

He could chop his playing staff by a quarter and still win the leagues.

Lower player wages and lower overheads (ie non-playing staff) equals profit for the future campaigns.

And you being who you are lap this sh*t up big style. Are you ally's twin?

With a BMI of 17, what do you think? I freely accept we don't need to be spending the wages we have been, to skoosh the lower leagues and I don't think Ally has got 'it' as a football manager but there's still no chance of a second admin event. I once earned 3x times what I do now and guess what? I spent 3x times what I do now.

With a BMI of 17, what do you think? I freely accept we don't need to be spending the wages we have been, to skoosh the lower leagues and I don't think Ally has got 'it' as a football manager but there's still no chance of a second admin event. I once earned 3x times what I do now and guess what? I spent 3x times what I do now.

Wow! just Wow! :o

"wee set-back"

Administration followed by liquidation followed by the new club/company being invited into the bottom tier as the best they fucking deserved....

Saddled with a manager that has ripped you off for months before reducing to a salary he still ain't good enough to get with a cup record that is appalling and a manner and attitude of "WATP", bordering on criminal

And an AGM acknowledgments current expenses too high for even just playing in two leagues higher and losing approx a million a month.

Bet you glad you didn't have a major setback. People like you are killing Rangers (mark whatever) quicker than any spivs and alleged haters.

Go on the full self destruct moron :lol:

Sometimes even multi-facepalms aren't enough

With a BMI IQ of 17, what do you think? I freely accept we don't need to be spending the wages we have been, to skoosh the lower leagues and I don't think Ally has got 'it' as a football manager but there's still no chance of a second admin event. I once earned 3x times what I do now and guess what? I spent 3x times what I do now.

Fixed.

Couldn't resist it. Just like old times :)

Those dole giros are certainly shrinking these days!