Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoreligion

James Carmine, chair of Carlow University's philosophy department, proposes a three-pronged test to distinguish "authentic" religions from pseudoreligions:

Any religion lacking a guiding coherent theology is a pseudo-religion.

Any religion entirely self referential is a pseudo-religion.

Any religion whose only fruit is adherence to itself is a pseudo-religion.

Pseudoreligion, or pseudotheology, is a generally pejorative term applied to a non-mainstream belief-system or philosophy which is functionally similar to a religious movement,

typically having a founder, principal text, liturgy and faith-based beliefs.

Robert M Pirsig said “When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.”

Rangers, in any of their incarnations, seem to meet that definition.

Yup. The plastics and diddies are kent by their dispassionate objectivity on The Big Thread. Never in 170,00 posts has any P&D been anything but sincere and self effacing.

?

I am dispassionate about the death of your old club, your current club and your next club.........hth :)

Fat, uneducated Unionist types sat with Union flags over their shoulders.

You like to cover all the bases don't you? Ibrox is empty = we're beating the spivs. Ibrox full= we're all football fans.

Because going to watch your football team is a crime.

Teds, Mikey and Stoney are weel-kent faces on here. They are both known for their propensity to make posts to wind up we Bears,,,,,,,,,,but I know who their proper big team is....and it doesn't involve grey and green hoops.

So, Mikey and Stoney. You like a wind-up. Gainsay me!

I am dispassionate about the death of your old club, your current club and your next club.........hth :)

Terrific. You and me both. Seeing as you've marked yourself as Mr Objectivity can you try and explain why some are, "passionate about the death of MY old club, MY current club and MYnext club"?

This isn't a trick question. You are, of course, self-appointedly dispassionate.

Terrific. You and me both. Seeing as you've marked yourself as Mr Objectivity can you try and explain why some are, "passionate about the death of MY old club, MY current club and MYnext club"?

This isn't a trick question. You are, of course, self-appointedly dispassionate.

As a long time share holder of 'Rangers FC' so I believe, I do think it comes down to the redneckness and stupidity of 97 % of the fan base.........

HTH :)

Teds, Mikey and Stoney are weel-kent faces on here. They are both known for their propensity to make posts to wind up we Bears,,,,,,,,,,but I know who their proper big team is....and it doesn't involve grey and green hoops.

So, Mikey and Stoney. You like a wind-up. Gainsay me!

Kinky my old mate. It must feel pretty fucking bad to be a Rangers fan now? The embarrassment overwhelming? First the administration, the liquidation, the rebirth, the £70M, the Ramsden's back to back failures, Ian Black, McCoist....... all bearable.....now though, now there is bear on bear action, now the battle has left the boardroom and is through the stands and no-one is playing nice.

Must be good to follow Rangers?

Kinky my old mate. It must feel pretty fucking bad to be a Rangers fan now? The embarrassment overwhelming? First the administration, the liquidation, the rebirth, the £70M, the Ramsden's back to back failures, Ian Black, McCoist....... all bearable.....now though, now there is bear on bear action, now the battle has left the boardroom and is through the stands and no-one is playing nice.

Must be good to follow Rangers?

Hello,, hello, Stoney. Damn, it's been ages. How's yerself? How're the weans?. I have three comments to make:

1.. Aye, we have a lot to live down. We monumentally fucked up and are continuing to do so.

2. We have always been a grumpy crew. I can start a row in an empty house so, "Bear on bear action" seems like an indulgence. Why does one need a 3rd party to have a barney?

3. Of all our shame and transgressions nothing would give me a red neck more than the faux pas of saying,, "the Ramsden's". Didn't they do punctuation in Plastic and Diddy school?

Hello,, hello, Stoney. Damn, it's been ages. How's yerself? How're the weans?. I have three comments to make:

1.. Aye, we have a lot to live down. We monumentally fucked up and are continuing to do so.

2. We have always been a grumpy crew. I can start a row in an empty house so, "Bear on bear action" seems like an indulgence. Why does one need a 3rd party to have a barney?

3. Of all our shame and transgressions nothing would give me a red neck more than the faux pas of saying,, "the Ramsden's". Didn't they do punctuation in Plastic and Diddy school?

Good for you Kinky. Chin up and keep a stiff upper lip.

probably hibs fans when they remember what it is like to be pumped at ibrox again :lol:

I really cannot wait until we play THE Rangers 4 times next season especially 9 days after the referendum date. THE Rangers are truly the most pathetic club in the history of Scottish Football.

19724p.gif

I really cannot wait until we play THE Rangers 4 times next season especially 9 days after the referendum date. THE Rangers are truly the most pathetic club in the history of Scottish Football.

19724p.gif

a hope it goes down as well as your relegation party at tynecastle

I would be very surprised if Rangers receive more than they paid for Wallace. He has gone there and played at a far lower level, and is not much more of a risk than he was when he left Hearts. I think you'd be doing well to receive more than half of what you paid, and I say that knowing that realistically he should be worth more.

i would be not be surprised if fulham have a bid for lee wallace accepted by rangers, certainly more than the 1.5 rangers paid for him to bring him to ibrox. only question is would he leave the greatest club in the world for a smaller team but a bigger league?.

i worry that he might be talked into the move for the good of rangers and if it happens no less than 5m.

the 5m+ would help keep rangers healthy for a year and by then the championship title will have been won and a return to the top flight.

i see the sense in it short term just to get the club through next season rather than a hopefull share issue.

i see also there are a few clubs sniffing around temps as well.

Ok I'll bite, is this the Lee Wallace that was only valued by another Championship club at less than a million during the January transfer window which is when fees are generally inflated due to desperation and fear of missing playoffs or relegation? What's changed that suddenly other clubs will now look at a player, who's spent two seasons playing part timers, and think "that player is worth £5m"?

I was a big fan of Wallace but think he's wasted a great talent and could have went far.

Edited by statts1976uk

are you suggesting the yes vote will win and all rangers supporters are in the no camp?

most of the rangers fans i know are for a yes vote

are we playing stereotypes here?

all about the championship this coming season, little interest in the premiership from the tv companies or sponsors. what if rangers earn more money from tv deals than any other club in the country? :unsure2:

New TV deal will see more Championship matches shown live - but the unattractive SPFL is still struggling to find a sponsor

RECORD SPORT believes an 
announcement could be made next week on a restructured TV deal, allowing more Championship games to be shown live.

SFA chief executive Stewart Regan eyed up the SPFL’s 
mouthwatering opening-day fixtures – then warned it still might not be enough to bring more cash into our game.

Regan is excited at the prospect of bigger crowds and high-profile matches in the top two tiers.

But with the SPFL yet to entice a lead sponsor Regan believes there is still a long way to go before Scottish football is back on its feet.

Fixtures for the new campaign were announced yesterday and on the 
Championship opening day Rangers take on Hearts at Ibrox with the Edinburgh derby the following week.

In the Premiership, 
Aberdeen face Dundee United while champions Celtic must wait a week to unfurl their flag – but will take on St Johnstone away in midweek.

Record Sport believes an 
announcement could be made next week about a restructure of the TV deal, allowing more Championship games to be screened.

But Regan said yesterday: “There will be very exciting games in the Championship next season. Attendances will probably be the highest ever in that second tier.

“But on the basis there’s no commercial partners coming into the league it’s clearly not as attractive as everyone would like.”

Regan is a c***

Yet again our game being talked down by those at the top. No wonder we cant get a sponsor, even Lawell prostitutes himself to the English FA in every interview.

Did Regan watch Sevco last season ?. Exciting ?. Jesus.

When was the last decent Edinburgh derby ?.

Wouldnt happen in any othe country other than sad, blinkered and corrupt Scotland.

Edited by G-MAN