Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

rangers players enjoying the pacific at ventura beach certainly with much more enthusiasm than the north sea at costa del brora

130714_miller_01.jpg

so who said rangers could only afford a trip up north to play highland league teams?

any other teams in scotland travelling abroad for pre season?

Tbf most other teams don't have a "charity" foundation that can help with trips abroad, but plenty of top flight teams ventured abroad.

Wouldn't you rather your cash strapped 'club' spent the money on something more important like wifi?

while there are some reasonable fans of the rangers on here , most seem obsessed by who leaked what- not the content of these leaks . I have been abroad for some months and may have missed something , but arent these accurate , factual leaks still coming out? I dont think even the most ardent misguided fan of the rangers can deny that their club is still open to being seen as a laughing stock while their very public turmoil is great comedy to fans of other clubs. The main reason for this is their staggering arrogance and constant denial of basic home truths i.e. your club died . let sleeping dogs lie and move on with life . The tax case is always going to hang over you and your percieved persecution complex will always leave you open to ridicule. Personally I think for such a young club you are going the right way and I could see you challenging the likes of Hibs and Hearts this season and if you get some luck you might be back in Europe circa 2020. All the best - not simply the best x

glad to see that Bennett is still posting . I honestly enjoy most of his comments . Believe it or not whilst in Brazil for WC I spoke with an Italian journo and all he asked me about was the rangers demise. He found it hard to believe that they were allowed to go under and told me that in Italy the government would intervene if one of the top clubs were under threat. I tried to explain that over here such a move would cause civil war ( or near enough ) . It just shows that in many ways we are victims of our own intensity of our love of football and all things related to it . I don't think that our mentality will ever change . Do other posters agree we are a bit OTT at times? Loving your club is great and mostly healthy but maybe we just go a wee bit too far?

Now answer this; as HMRC have had judgement on this case go against them twice, do you, as this great moralist where tax issues are concerned, believe that HMRC should pursue this case for a third time, an action which would cost the taxpayer more significant expense, you can give this as yes or no or a full statement, floors all yours.

I've no idea Youngsy.

It depends how realistic they'd deem their chances of success to be. Principle is involved, but so must be a degree of pragmatism given how things have gone.

Whichever route HMRC adopt, it will have no bearing on the fact that this was a dishonest dodge whereby wages were disguised as loans, ones we know needn't be repaid.

As I've said, I'm disgusted that such things can be allowed to happen, but so relieved that this one indirectly killed Rangers.

SOS are my favorite peepul, endless hilarity. :lol::lol:

"We have been asked what actions SoS intend to take against HMRC and BBC etc

We are compiling a plan which will be completed and actioned next week.

This will include a very high profile stunt next week against HMRC and details will be released after the march on the 19th July,

To receive details early please join up."

http://www.sonsofstruth.co.uk/join-sos.html

Wonder if that's a spelling mistake and bomber is making an appearance :lol:

I'm really sure HMRC could not give 2 flying fucks.

i like that one. :lol:

i think its more of a case of which italian clubs have not been rocked with scandal or gone bust or even both over the last 40 years and there after had to journey their way back up.

scottish football has far more integrity.

Sporting Integrity? Yeah right. Remember what the guardians of our great game said at the time? ARMAGEDDON? Corrupt as hell.

I'm surprised that Minty hasn't come out to publicly extol the stategic brilliance of Paul Baxendale-Walker for his initial advice that in retrospect has served Rangers so well and enabled them to give HMRC such humiliations.....

Wiki...

Baxendale-Walker is the author of the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) tax strategy implemented by Glasgow Rangers FC, which was (in April 2011) challenged by HMRC in a first tier tax tribunal.[10] In November 2012, the Tribunal upheld the legality and tax effectiveness of the EBT strategy. Rangers got to keep an estimated £50 million saved by Baxendale-Walker's advice.[11]

Just a shame they died......

(Lawrenson voice to add 'not')

yes, and maybe they can appeal as many times as they want.....with our money!!.

indeed everyone on this forum is contributing their hard earned to this useful escapade. :unsure2:

however they have to find new evidence to prove rangers oldco failed to pay tax on those pesky ebts

would it be worth time and money to do so?.

there reaches a certain point where the costs of the case end up being more than the money the hmrc are claiming for.

of course there's the principle and the hmrc are determined to make an example of a football club.

You don't do shame and irony, do you?

yes, and maybe they can appeal as many times as they want.....with our money!!.

indeed everyone on this forum is contributing their hard earned to this useful escapade. :unsure2:

however they have to find new evidence to prove rangers oldco failed to pay tax on those pesky ebts

would it be worth time and money to do so?.

there reaches a certain point where the costs of the case end up being more than the money the hmrc are claiming for.

of course there's the principle and the hmrc are determined to make an example of a football club.

No they don't: it's a fact agreed by both sides that no tax was paid. The whole case is about whether they SHOULD have paid tax.

should have

could have

would have

dunt! dunt! daaah! captain hindsight says,

if this had known earlier that it wouldn't have been worth dm selling the club for a pound to a known fraud.

the next biggest debt was the one owed to the bank which was coming down each season.

how craig whyte dealt with the bank debt by borrowing money from ticketus was jawdropping and i believe turned the club around from one that was recovering to one on the brink, the torpedo was in the water.

craig whyte was sure he wasn't going to spend more than a pound on rangers and therefore he would make an absolute killing. all money including money for paye and ni was regarded as his and therefore profit made out of this venture.

it could be considered that duff and phelps over exaggerated the plight of rangers to ward of any serious buyer for the club and with the help of media and internet bloggers convinced the public that rangers were beyond any help. all so craig whyte could make his millions on defrauding the hmrc and when the club or rather the company plc went into administration and finally liquidation he could sell on the assets.

of course he knew everyone would be distracted by the big case rather than chase after him for the tax he owed.

Even if the font was normal,

Even if the content made some sense...

I'd still struggle to take seriously anyone who uses the term "over exaggerated".

I'm surprised that Minty hasn't come out to publicly extol the stategic brilliance of Paul Baxendale-Walker for his initial advice that in retrospect has served Rangers so well and enabled them to give HMRC such humiliations.....

Wiki...

Baxendale-Walker is the author of the Employee Benefit Trust (EBT) tax strategy implemented by Glasgow Rangers FC, which was (in April 2011) challenged by HMRC in a first tier tax tribunal.[10] In November 2012, the Tribunal upheld the legality and tax effectiveness of the EBT strategy. Rangers got to keep an estimated £50 million saved by Baxendale-Walker's advice.[11]

Just a shame they died......

(Lawrenson voice to add 'not')

In one of the BBC programmes, they tracked down Baxendale-Walker and he was making just the same point. He said that if HMRC lost the case, he'd be regarded as this great hero who saved Rangers millions. He clearly didn't think HMRC would lose, but obviously hoped they would.

You're right though. Nobody is now claiming that Baxendale-Walker was a genius who found a way for the club to field excellent Dutchmen.

Perhaps it's because they know that the scheme killed the club.

should have

could have

would have

dunt! dunt! daaah! captain hindsight says,

if this had known earlier that it wouldn't have been worth dm selling the club for a pound to a known fraud.

the next biggest debt was the one owed to the bank which was coming down each season.

how craig whyte dealt with the bank debt by borrowing money from ticketus was jawdropping and i believe turned the club around from one that was recovering to one on the brink, the torpedo was in the water.

craig whyte was sure he wasn't going to spend more than a pound on rangers and therefore he would make an absolute killing. all money including money for paye and ni was regarded as his and therefore profit made out of this venture.

it could be considered that duff and phelps over exaggerated the plight of rangers to ward of any serious buyer for the club and with the help of media and internet bloggers convinced the public that rangers were beyond any help. all so craig whyte could make his millions on defrauding the hmrc and when the club or rather the company plc went into administration and finally liquidation he could sell on the assets.

of course he knew everyone would be distracted by the big case rather than chase after him for the tax he owed.

Do you write with crayons at home?