Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes we are regressing, because effectively, we're not invited.

The comparison you make is disingenuous though. It used to be that sides needed to survive only two or three ties, starting in September/October to reach Christmas and one of these might have been against a Maltese side at a time when such countries were very much weaker than is now the case.

You don't get this whole European thing do you?

The reason we are not 'invited' to the latter stages of these tournaments is because we have fallen so far down the UEFA co-efficient scale.

The reason Rangers or Celtic had to beat clubs from smaller nations is because we were seeded due to our relative success. After years of mediocre performances our clubs are not seeded and are now seen as the equivalent of a Maltese club.

You need to stop thinking about the Top 5 nations and their unfair advantage due to TV audiences. Other countries have learned to cope with this disadvantage yet we haven't.

You don't get this whole European thing do you?

The reason we are not 'invited' to the latter stages of these tournaments is because we have fallen so far down the UEFA co-efficient scale.

The reason Rangers or Celtic had to beat clubs from smaller nations is because we were seeded due to our relative success. After years of mediocre performances our clubs are not seeded and are now seen as the equivalent of a Maltese club.

You need to stop thinking about the Top 5 nations and their unfair advantage due to TV audiences. Other countries have learned to cope with this disadvantage yet we haven't.

I do get it.

Of course our club game is at a low ebb in terms of European competition. I'm really not going to pretend otherwise. I don't think our situation is so much vastly worse than that of other comparable nations though.

I'd be interested to read evidence of exactly where we stand there.

This year, Motherwell have been lousy. The other diddy pair have done ok thus far, but slagging Aberdeen seems unfair. The Celtic picture is as I said, pitiful, but I'm not going to lament it because it thrilled me and I would always wish such results on them and your good selves.

You're right that I fixate on the big 5 as being for those for whom European competition is now designed, but I'm right to. The changes to this, as well as progress of other nations over whom we used to enjoy a head start, have rendered comparisons with the past pretty redundant.

You're trying to make these results fit into an agenda which they don't.

The year after their triumphal march to Manchester, they were ranked 138th, alongside M'well and QoS.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2009.html

Only the Scotland co-ef gave them any points at all.

World wide brand...............

And it is good to see that out of 239 European teams for this year, they are not included :)

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2015.html

They are truly pointless.

Edited by Bing (2)

I do get it.

You're right that I fixate on the big 5 as being for those for whom European competition is now designed, but I'm right to. The changes to this, as well as progress of other nations over whom we used to enjoy a head start, have rendered comparisons with the past pretty redundant.

You're trying to make these results fit into an agenda which they don't.

You absolutely don't get it.

The Big 5 nations had this advantage when Rangers reached the last 16 of the Champions League and a UEFA Cup Final.

There is no agenda. The recent results in European competition have been far worse than anything in my life time and yours. This is an all time low and makes a mockery of all the 'Game is booming' bollocks you have so conveniently missed. Funny how you never seem to see these things yet have an almost photographic memory on other matters

The year after their triumphal march to Manchester, they were ranked 138th, alongside M'well and QoS.

And it is good to see that out of 239 European teams for this year, they are not included :)

Here's the actual rankings from 2009 with Rangers 28th.
And here's this years with Rangers at 92, comfortably ahead of all Scotland's entrants this apart from Celtic.

That's funny as a quick google check for 2009 gave me this result..

28 Glasgow Rangers Sco 6.9500 12.8500 14.3500 22.0500 0.3750 56.575

Edited by No8.

I don't think the record of clubs that went bust due to financial doping is relevant tbh.

FFS i wish you Ps & Ds would make your mind up. After Rangers were cleared...yet again...by the courts i thought the party line was we went bust for nothing

But he got his version from KDS,

It is frightening to think somebody took time to alter that .... Then again hbqc hasn't been around for a while. Maybe he is too busy altering UEFA pages with that oh so expensive new computer gear he was bragging about the other day.

Going on topic for once, I have to agree with the bears, I think the closer to the top flight they get the more the chances of admin are reduced.

I thought they would have ran out of cash already tbh, I can see them finding a way to limp through till the end of next season.

Going on topic for once, I have to agree with the bears, I think the closer to the top flight they get the more the chances of admin are reduced.

I thought they would have ran out of cash already tbh, I can see them finding a way to limp through till the end of next season.

Limp being about right. Once we reach the top flight the money we can generate through sponsorship etc will increase dramatically and getting back to todays topic. The rate celtic are going backwards the gap will not be nearly as insurmountable as it would have been if they had maintained the level they were at in 2012 or even close to that

FFS i wish you Ps & Ds would make your mind up. After Rangers were cleared...yet again...by the courts i thought the party line was we went bust for nothing

Jeez I must have missed the old Rangers paying back the hundreds of creditors that they owed money to including a fair whack to HMRC!!

Edited by Sting777

Limp being about right. Once we reach the top flight the money we can generate through sponsorship etc will increase dramatically and getting back to todays topic. The rate celtic are going backwards the gap will not be nearly as insurmountable as it would have been if they had maintained the level they were at in 2012 or even close to that

Changed days from a few years ago when you lot were openly saying you would not entertain going back to the top league after they stabbed you in the back...hahaha! Dear oh dear

But he got his version from KDS,

Eh, naw. Read the link, it is from his site.

And as you know Tedi, I am not a member of KDS.......

It is frightening to think somebody took time to alter that .... Then again hbqc hasn't been around for a while. Maybe he is too busy altering UEFA pages with that oh so expensive new computer gear he was bragging about the other day.

crysmiley.gif nae cunto has altered it.

If the dumbass bearz looked they would see the discrepancy between 'co-ef' and 'ranking'.

They are 2 different pages you dolts.

Jeez I must have missed the old Rangers paying back the hundreds of creditors that they owed money to including a fair whack to HMRC!!

That has nothing to do with the time we are talking about which is the 5 years prior to SDM selling the club.

Eh, naw. Read the link, it is from his site.

And as you know Tedi, I am not a member of KDS.......

crysmiley.gif nae cunto has altered it.

If the dumbass bearz looked they would see the discrepancy between 'co-ef' and 'ranking'.

They are 2 different pages you dolts.

A clubs Co Efficient is worked going by their results over a five year period.

Nice try Wunf..

A clubs Co Efficient is worked going by their results over a five year period.

Nice try Wunf..

Yet the year after being the first loser, even with the financial jiggery Rangers were ranked, note the word, 138th.

It was you that said RANKED

and when you actually go to the RANKINGS for Rangers it clearly says 28th

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2009.html

Not for the 5 year Tedi, please point out any part of my post you disagree with, and not refer it to a different page.

Yet the year after being the first loser, even with the financial jiggery Rangers were ranked, note the word, 138th.