Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He's putting across his opinion and tbh as a Scot living in England who hasn't got a vote in this i have to say there is a valid point that Scots born people living in other parts of the UK are being denied the chance to have a say in the future of their country,whether they still reside there or not. We have East Europeans who are living in Scotland that have no links whatsoever to the country and in all likelihood will return to their home country at some point in time and yet they will have a vote to determine the future of a country that they have no emotional or family ties to in any way. That is fundamentally wrong.

Look on the bright side.

You can vote YES when England vote on their independence.

He's putting across his opinion and tbh as a Scot living in England who hasn't got a vote in this i have to say there is a valid point that Scots born people living in other parts of the UK are being denied the chance to have a say in the future of their country,whether they still reside there or not. We have East Europeans who are living in Scotland that have no links whatsoever to the country and in all likelihood will return to their home country at some point in time and yet they will have a vote to determine the future of a country that they have no emotional or family ties to in any way. That is fundamentally wrong.

As another Scot living in England, you don't have a valid point at all. I left Scotland voluntarily, and my vote has been cast in the last thirty-plus years in local, European and Parliamentary Elections for candidates who represent the areas where I reside. That's how it works. I assume that you were not thrown into exile, either.

Even though the impact of a Yes vote will more than likely be to the detriment of working people in rUK, I still fervently hope that Scotland goes it alone - simply because the UK is broken. Not irretrievably, but only with the possible example of a real democracy on the border might the populace down here believe it can be changed.

Oh, and "we" don't have Eastern Europeans living in Scotland. "We" don't live in Scotland, remember?

Rangers fans and players being xenophobic..

Never though i'd see the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@STVRaman: #Aberdeen report #Celtic's Aleksander Tonev for allegedly racially abusing Shay Logan. http://t.co/7IvnV9xV8w

Glass house's, stones, in, people etc...

As another Scot living in England, you don't have a valid point at all. I left Scotland voluntarily, and my vote has been cast in the last thirty-plus years in local, European and Parliamentary Elections for candidates who represent the areas where I reside. That's how it works. I assume that you were not thrown into exile, either.

Even though the impact of a Yes vote will more than likely be to the detriment of working people in rUK, I still fervently hope that Scotland goes it alone - simply because the UK is broken. Not irretrievably, but only with the possible example of a real democracy on the border might the populace down here believe it can be changed.

Oh, and "we" don't have Eastern Europeans living in Scotland. "We" don't live in Scotland, remember?

Guid post :thumsup2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@STVRaman: #Aberdeen report #Celtic's Aleksander Tonev for allegedly racially abusing Shay Logan. http://t.co/7IvnV9xV8w

Glass house's, stones, in, people etc...

There's other bigots out there, so let's ignore this one, Aye? :1eye

Edited by AberdeenBud

not all Bud, the lesson here is don't take the moral high gorund unless you're squeeky clean but by all emans discuss it.

Aye, sorry I didn't see the post by the Celtic fan taking the high ground.

You weren't at the Killie game yesterday, were you?

Edited by AberdeenBud

In your opinion that is, which tbh means absolutely nothing to myself. As for the "we", try not to be so pedantic, i'll phrase that another way just to please you, ' Scotland has East Europeans who in all probability the majority of them will return to their own countries to live permanently so therefore as far as i'm concerned have no right to vote on this issue as they are not Scots born and have no emotional or family ties to the country'.

if you asked the many Scots living in other parts of the UK you would get a very large majority stating that there is a very valid point in what i said.

' Scotland has East Europeans who in all probability the majority of them will return to their own countries to live permanently so therefore as far as i'm concerned have no right to vote on this issue as they are not Scots born and have no emotional or family ties to the country'.

You'll have evidence to the back this up I presume?

So because some Eastern European residents of Scotland may return to their country of birth at some point, none of them should get to vote, is that actually what you're saying?

I know many Eastern Europeans who are not voting the same as me, if anything I've found them more inclined to vote No, but I don't begrudge them that vote one bit.

Edited by AberdeenBud

I left Scotland 41 years ago. I used to "go home" 2/3 times a year, then it became 2, then 1, and I have only been back once since my father died, 6 years ago. I doubt I'll be moving back to Scotland, should I have a vote?

Much as it affects the UK as a whole, the people who should decide the future of Scotland are those who live there, whether born there or not. Where would the cut off date be for Scots who have left Scotland? 5 years? 10 years? 15 Years?

My right to vote in Northern Ireland has never been questioned, I know a few folk who have emigrated to Australia from here due to the recession in the building trade - should they have had a vote in the recent local elections?

I left Scotland 41 years ago. I used to "go home" 2/3 times a year, then it became 2, then 1, and I have only been back once since my father died, 6 years ago. I doubt I'll be moving back to Scotland, should I have a vote?

Much as it affects the UK as a whole, the people who should decide the future of Scotland are those who live there, whether born there or not. Where would the cut off date be for Scots who have left Scotland? 5 years? 10 years? 15 Years?

My right to vote in Northern Ireland has never been questioned, I know a few folk who have emigrated to Australia from here due to the recession in the building trade - should they have had a vote in the recent local elections?

Well said :thumsup2

:lol:

Defend what?

His remarks are stupid and ignorant.

The bit about immigrants is wildly inaccurate and certainly dodgy in tone.

The most offensive thing in the article however, is the grammar : "Many footballers - mostly retired - have came(sic) out on one side of the debate, or the other".

Just embarrassing.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

His remarks are stupid and ignorant.

The bit about immigrants is wildly inaccurate and certainly dodgy in tone.

The most offensive thing in the article however, is the grammar : "Many footballers - mostly retired - have came(sic) out on one side of the debate, or the other".

Just embarrassing.

Now now Monkey, Andy Muirhead consdiers himself to be a real journalist ....