Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If I used that word on P & B then I would expect a ban and to be called a racist, I doubt very much you 100% know what my skin colour is and I doubt that Div would accept me attempting to use that as a defence.

That's not the point. I don't want to use it on P & B. I don't particularly want to call you H words either. The point is that if I did, it would not be sectarian as I am absolutely 100% not prejudiced against my own religion (or I'd change it). Therefore there is no religious prejudice so no sectarianism. You could be grievously insulted and you could maybe even call be a bigot for tarring all rangers fans with the same brush but that's it. Your need make the word itself in some way hateful (instead of the sentiment that caused it to be uttered) is just nuts. Why can't you be happy with it just being insulting bigotry?

From what i remember of the conversation Div. was taking his guidelines directly from Nil By Mouth.

It is absolutely a sectarian insult and this has been proven. Why are Hearts called the 'Minis'?

Why is KAH painted on the walls of Orange Halls and Protestant churches?

This 'I am a Protestant so i cant be a bigot for using it' is a complete nonsense. One of the most bitter bigoted celtic supporters i know is a 'Protestant' ex Scots Guard.

Why are people still even discussing this? It is banned. It is banned for being a sectarian insult. Of course you are entirely free to keep using the term but don't be surprised when you get a warning.

You can call someone a bigot all you want, but calling someone sectarian for (in your view) insulting their own religion just make you look stupid (and a bit me tooish).

Eh? That's not proof of anything?I'm talking about the allegation that he's deleted lots of posts.WRK invited you to ask the mods about his history of deleting posts. You declined the offer, saying you didn't need to. Prove what you're alleging, or stop alleging it, having apologised for doing so.

This is you in an absolute nutshell and exactly what i was talking about last week.

WRK called me a liar and went on and on about providing proof. I went and got the proof clearly showing that i had been completely accurate.

You are now trying to turn this around as if i am the liar. Just utterly incredible...right up there with your comments on how a team played after saying you hadnt even seen the game.

There were many posts where WRK used the word hate in relation to Rangers. They are not there now. I have no idea where they went but if you are that interested i suggest you ask a Mod as frankly i could not care less as the one i did find more than proved my point

Nobody argued it doesn't have .... you are showing your clear lack of understanding of the debate or it's central point.

I have even pointed out where those connotations lie and it's not with wee neds in a football ground.

Do keep trying.

No you are failing to understand , it's reason for being banned is because the word when in relation to the whole protestant catholic divide in Northern Ireland is used as a slur, and believe it or not the whole role of Northern Ireland's troubles had a huge role to play in the relations of the divide which exists to a smaller less extreme extent in west of Scotland. whereas I accept many in Scotland will use this as a nickname for rangers their are many of these wee neds you talk of.particularly amongst your own support (see green brigade)who when they use the h word will be meaning it as a slur against Protestants and know its full meaning and history. And the same for the word tim, for many a nickname for celtic fans , for some in my support a description of Irish Catholics. Please don't sit their and try and tell me you can't believe that supporters of rangers or celtic would possibly use slang from the Northern Ireland conflict to shout towards each other ? And that is therefor the simple reason why the word is banned .

Is it genuinely the way I am writing this out you are finding hard to grasp ?

No one is campaigning to have the rules changed ... :P

Just for the record anyone is free to call me the H word ... just not a Sevco fan.

You're a celtic fan, in that respect you're a h_ _ as far as i'm concerned. No argument, that's always been the correct way.

That's not the point. I don't want to use it on P & B. I don't particularly want to call you H words either. The point is that if I did, it would not be sectarian as I am absolutely 100% not prejudiced against my own religion (or I'd change it). Therefore there is no religious prejudice so no sectarianism. You could be grievously insulted and you could maybe even call be a bigot for tarring all rangers fans with the same brush but that's it. Your need make the word itself in some way hateful (instead of the sentiment that caused it to be uttered) is just nuts. Why can't you be happy with it just being insulting bigotry?

I go to the football with a Roman Catholic..Tedi knows him so he ll back me up on this. After a few pints he has been known to rant about 'Fens' and text me FTP. msgs...is that all fine and dandy as he was born a RC? Or would you say hes a bit of a bigot?

I go to the football with a Roman Catholic..Tedi knows him so he ll back me up on this. After a few pints he has been known to rant about 'Fens' and text me FTP. msgs...is that all fine and dandy as he was born a RC? Or would you say hes a bit of a bigot?

The 'F' word is not bigoted ..... Was political not religious.

No one is campaigning to have the rules changed ... :P

Just for the record anyone is free to call me the H word ... just not a Sevco fan.

Sad Thing is as a serving soldier in Northern Ireland during the 1980,s dhen their will be elements in your support who would probably regard you as more of a so called h** than the likes of me , tedi, Bennett or no.8. Edited by forever_blue

YES!!! As I have already said that is indeed bigotry (prejudice against a group), just not sectarian bigotry (prejudice against a religious group). What is so hard to understand?

It was but we all know it is widely used now as a term for RCs in general

Disagree about 'widely'.

Maybe amongst a certain group perhaps.......

A large, very large % of F's, were not of the RC faith, and people trying to stir up religious bigotry highjacked it as a derogatory term.

It should be struck from the list of banned words imo, as it gives justification only to the bigots.

Edited by Bing (2)

YES!!! As I have already said that is indeed bigotry (prejudice against a group), just not sectarian bigotry (prejudice against a religious group). What is so hard to understand?

Ok. I understand the point you are trying to make in the instance i gave of a person raised as a RC using the term FTP he is being bigoted against a religious group.

This is you in an absolute nutshell and exactly what i was talking about last week.

WRK called me a liar and went on and on about providing proof. I went and got the proof clearly showing that i had been completely accurate.

You are now trying to turn this around as if i am the liar. Just utterly incredible...right up there with your comments on how a team played after saying you hadnt even seen the game.

There were many posts where WRK used the word hate in relation to Rangers. They are not there now. I have no idea where they went but if you are that interested i suggest you ask a Mod as frankly i could not care less as the one i did find more than proved my point

You don't follow conversations carefully No8, do you, such is the zeal with which you wish to attack me?

I'm not involved in your daft discussion about why WRK 'hates' Rangers or otherwise, which is why I've voiced no view on it. I did however pick up on your allegation that he'd deleted posts as it was very specific. That's what I asked you about, but you appeared unable to keep track.

I'm turning nothing round. Read back and see it all for yourself.

I do enjoy how you return to the ICT game where I commented on the match having listened to much of it, something Bennett himself did with the following game.

You seem to believe that repeating a lie prevents it being one. It doesn't.

Ok. I understand the point you are trying to make in the instance i gave of a person raised as a RC using the term FTP he is being bigoted against a religious group.

Celtic are not a religious group. Neither was Rangers, neither are sevco. Sorry if you can't handle that simple truth.