Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I admit I hate both clubs, equally.

Although I do have a wee bit more time for the ordinary Rangers fan than I do for Celtic fans.

No Rangers fan has ever asked me if I hate Celtic, but I wouldn't mind having a pound for every Celtic fan who has asked me if I hate Rangers.

There is a belief amongst Celtic fans that of the two they hold the moral high ground, and that I find ludicrous.

As I said C*nts, both of them.

I think it's variable.

At different times each of the bigot club's fans become more detestable than the other.

What's not in dispute is that everyone who is a Celtic or a Rangers fan has reason to feel utterly ashamed of themselves.

That's an awfy strong opinion ... nothing more. You are free to post supporting evidence in the form of definitions, links and concrete proof.

As far as I am concerned and it's my firm belief, the "Old Firm" died with Rangers.

You are as always entitled to your opinion.

There are of course other "Old Firms" which do still exist, but this particular association died.

I'm low on evidence I'll admit it, but the nature of the alliance was so mutually beneficial to both parties that I've no doubt that it'll be rekindled in all of its competition crushing exploitative glory as soon as Rangers are in a stronger place.

The OF as an entity is of course hard to define. It's essentially a financial arrangement however, that has been characterised by joint sponsorship deals, rigged voting structures, skewed prize money setting and a joint appeal based on the ugliest of sentiments.

The decline in Celtic's gates and general downsizing of the club, guarantees that the OF as we knew it, will be resurrected at all costs.

Care is a strong word.

Why do you care?

I can't speak for DhenBhoy, but the day in day out spectacle of 4 or 5 lackwits having a go at WRK is getting tedious. Maybe if we knew why you cared so much we would understand and therefore be less bothered by it?

I do not hate celtic, in truth I could not really give a fcuk about them to be honest, I rarely visit any of their threads, just the odd post when they get embarrassed but for the most part I do not even think about them.

Do celtic threads have people like dense and the killie fan?

I do not hate celtic, in truth I could not really give a fcuk about them to be honest, I rarely visit any of their threads, just the odd post when they get embarrassed but for the most part I do not even think about them.

Do celtic threads have people like dense and the killie fan?

You could go find out for yourself rather than asking us. If you had half a brain cell you'd know the answer without even looking anyway.

I think it's variable.

At different times each of the bigot club's fans become more detestable than the other.

What's not in dispute is that everyone who is a Celtic or a Rangers fan has reason to feel utterly ashamed of themselves.

In what way should individual Rangers or Celtic fans be ashamed of themselves? Like many people that support either club i've never been involved in anything that gives me reason to be ashamed of myself and like many from both clubs i'm not responsible for the actions of others.

In what way should individual Rangers or Celtic fans be ashamed of themselves? Like many people that support either club i've never been involved in anything that gives me reason to be ashamed of myself and like many from both clubs i'm not responsible for the actions of others.

How long have you been going to games? ie. did you support a team with a sectarian signing policy? If so, why do you not think this is shameful?

Says it all, really. And whilst the, i'm not responsible for the actions of others, line gets repeated, "the small minority" are given free reign by those around them, to spout their hatred.

We all know you hate Rangers more than Celtic (which is strange) but why do you keep going back to it again and again?

I know we have this discussion every 6 months or so and we'll never agree on it but you really do seem to have a bee in your bonnet over Sevco, whereas you seem to be not too fussed about Celtic.

Your joining date would also indicate an alterior motive to me.

Joining date is obvious - point and laugh time.

Why the difference between the two? Well, as you say, there's the way I and mine have been treated by fans of either. Embarrassment is bad, abuse and violence (imho) is worse.

Mainly, though, the whole thing has been cemented through the whole Sevco saga to make this lot possibly the most despicable nest of thieves I've ever known. And their fans' continued support makes them just as culpable - because since day one, they've been the ones with the power to nail the lie.

The uncovering of the way that, over decades, the financial advantages that these two clubs legally (if not morally) ensured themselves over the likes of the "makeweights" turned out to not to be enough for rangers so that they had to lie and commit "administrative errors" for so long made my blood boil.

Ah, but at least they'd been caught. Now we had a chance to start again, with a clean(er) slate. Right?

Nope - just when you thought it was embarrassing having to explain how such behaviour could flourish in a modern country, with such fine Governing Bodies, here comes the final insult. Every rule you can think of twisted, broken, and re-written to ensure "Armageddon" was averted.

As for celtic - they're already looking at empty seats all over the place, and not spending the money. I've already seen celtic fans moaning that they should be signing better players (We deserve better). So let's a) deal with one Sister at a time, and b) patienc, patience...

it is true though, i'm sure you don't like to be thought of as guilty by association in any way.

but is this not an excuse to tar all supporters of that team with the same brush, which in itself could be taken for a bigot mentality?.

No

How long have you been going to games? ie. did you support a team with a sectarian signing policy? If so, why do you not think this is shameful?

Been going to games since the late 1950s, i supported a team for the good football they played and the quaility of player they had playing for them. Any players signed was down to those that ran the club, i watched the players for their ability not their religion so whoever the club signed as long as the player was good enough then that was and still is good enough for me.

Been going to games since the late 1950s, i supported a team for the good football they played and the quaility of player they had playing for them. Any players signed was down to those that ran the club, i watched the players for their ability not their religion so whoever the club signed as long as the player was good enough then that was and still is good enough for me.

You paid money in support of sectarianism. Many would find that shameful. Your excuse doesn't wash either. You funded it ffs.

. Whatever. I ain't throwing away 40+ years of following Killie 'cos you've got a snitty. Next time I'm up (hopefully before Ne'erday) we could meet for a pint and I'll present my Bona Fides. Portmann preferred, although I like the Kadi or the Howard as well. Anywhere but Fanniessmile.gif

I wonder if norman ever presented his Bona Fides......