Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Perhaps in order to let the Catholics play, they could have made them wear little yellow stars on their jerseys. Maybe even more than one, not as much as five though that would be too many.

Hang on.......

Word of advice, don't even go there with me about the yellow star, i'm from a Jewish background.

Rangers signed very few Roman Catholics over a period of years. If anything Rangers Football Club were the only losers in this and like most Rangers supporters i am pleased the reluctance to sign players of that religion are in the distant past. Albertz,Amo and Novo are 3 of the most popular players in recent years and i am delighted i got the chance to see them play...Funnily enough the hatred towards them came very much from the other side as does the hatred that still exists to 'our' Mo Jo.

Alfie Conn crossed the divide the other way and after he finished playing he had a job working in a Rangers pub in Glasgow. Could you imagine MoJo working in Bairds Bar (if it hadn't been shut).

I paid money to watch a very good football team, no matter who they signed and what religion they were. Hope that's clear enough for you, if not then too bad.

Your argument appears to be "they were very good" therefore whatever they did was ok? Or at least you are so morally bankrupt that you could remain willfully oblivious to anything. Even the very type of prejudice you just had a wee hissy fit about me mentioning.

"The only thing nescessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Are you a good man Youngsy? Did you do nothing? I know one of those statements is correct, perhaps both.

Now, what was this advice you mistakenly thought you were in a position to give to me?

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Your argument appears to be "they were very good" therefore whatever they did was ok? Or at least you are so morally bankrupt that you could remain willfully oblivious to anything. Even the very type of prejudice you just had a wee hissy fit about me mentioning.

"The only thing nescessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Are you a good man Youngsy? Did you do nothing? I know one of those statements is correct, perhaps both.

Now, what was this advice you mistakenly thought you were in a position to give to me?

My argument is and will remain so, i followed a club simply because they were a very good football team who were successful and entertaining, nothing more, nothing less.

As regards the yellow star, as someone from a Jewish background i, as with every other from that background, find trying to equate what it stood for and relating that to a football club offensive, hope that clarifies for you.

My argument is and will remain so, i followed a club simply because they were a very good football team who were successful and entertaining, nothing more, nothing less.

As regards the yellow star, as someone from a Jewish background i, as with every other from that background, find trying to equate what it stood for and relating that to a football club offensive, hope that clarifies for you.

Nope, not even close.

You giving them money, makes you culpable. "Just a football team" doesn't wash, do better. You either condoned or ignored the wrongs of the club you supported and backed financially, choose one.

Nope, not even close.

You giving them money, makes you culpable. "Just a football team" doesn't wash, do better. You either condoned or ignored the wrongs of the club you supported and backed financially, choose one.

I don't need to choose anything, as i've stated Rangers are and have always been a football club that i've enjoyed supporting immensely over many years, that may not sit too well with you but there you go.

The old firm are "more than a club" though.

They are vehicles for hatred, sectarianism and bigotry, that most right minded folk wouldn't touch with a barge pole, regardless of the quality of football on offer.

No, no you see they were good, therefore it was fine to leave any sort of personal standards at the turnstile.

I don't need to choose anything, as i've stated Rangers are and have always been a football club that i've enjoyed supporting immensely over many years, that may not sit too well with you but there you go.

It doesn't sit well because I don't believe it and neither do you. But I'd find it hard admitting that I supported such a regime, what with your background and all. Real fingers in your ears stuff huh.

The old firm are "more than a club" though.

They are vehicles for hatred, sectarianism and bigotry, that most right minded folk wouldn't touch with a barge pole, regardless of the quality of football on offer.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Hey, we had Spencer, and Kitchenbrand. I can name them all. Look at me, I can name every caflic that ever played fur the gers. So that proves yer talkin shite. The popes 11 and a couple o' subs.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Hey, we had Spencer, and Kitchenbrand. I can name them all. Look at me, I can name every caflic that ever played fur the gers. So that proves yer talkin shite. The popes 11 and a couple o' subs.

You can name every Catholic that played for Rangers!! You're very good because i can't and i have a very good knowledge of the club. So go on, name them.

It doesn't sit well because I don't believe it and neither do you. But I'd find it hard admitting that I supported such a regime, what with your background and all. Real fingers in your ears stuff huh.

Explain to me why because of my background i should find it hard to support Rangers. Bear in mind i've been supporting the club probably before you were born.

No, no you see they were good, therefore it was fine to leave any sort of personal standards at the turnstile.

You support a club that has done little to rid itself of the thugs that follow(ed) your club around the country for decades. Do you stop supporting them because of that or do you deny it? Or do you ignore it?

'All the evil needs to succeed............................'

Explain to me why because of my background i should find it hard to support Rangers. Bear in mind i've been supporting the club probably before you were born.

No, you brought up your background for some reason, not me. I am just making the point that the very prejudice you seem to have a connection with was rife at your club. And yet you gave them your money, chanted their name and gave them your support. Some kind of disconnect here,..... can't quite put my finger on it........

Bear in mind being wrong for a long time doesn't excuse you, in fact the length of your collaboration makes it worse.

You support a club that has done little to rid itself of the thugs that follow(ed) your club around the country for decades. Do you stop supporting them because of that or do you deny it? Or do you ignore it?

'All the evil needs to succeed............................'

Ah the whatabout, whatabout argument. Not seen you for a while. Come on in, I trust you're well?