Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hector you made a kunt of it and Larry spotted it.

Deal with it.

I don't know why I bother discussing things with you, Benny. Maybe it's because I like insects and spiders and the idea of holding a discussion with one of their cousins appeals to me. By the way, why are we not privileged by the presence of No8 at the moment? The b*st*rd libelled me and my family and I want his f*cking head. Lèse-majesté and all that because I come from the royal town of Dunfermline. :P

Is that one of the Sons Of Struth shouting"You're dead"?

Dignity indeed. :P

No8 believes all Rangers fans only want the truth and only the truth, obviously the chappie in the video is a Timposter planted there to make the dignified Rangers fans look like like ratarded mutants hellbent on lynching Whyte by the balls.

But then again No8 isn't a representative of the Rangers support because all the bears I know want Whyte dead or at least suffering from near death multiple beatings.

No8 believes all Rangers fans only want the truth and only the truth, obviously the chappie in the video is a Timposter planted there to make the dignified Rangers fans look like like ratarded mutants hellbent on lynching Whyte by the balls.

But then again No8 isn't a representative of the Rangers support because all the bears I know want Whyte dead or at least suffering from near death multiple beatings.

In a parallel universe the above post may possibly make sense.

For info, the Companies Act sections he was charged under are 678 (3) and 680, which are basically read together:

678 (3) - (a)a person has acquired shares in a company, and

(b)a liability has been incurred (by that or another person) for the purpose of the acquisition,

it is not lawful for that company, or a company that is a subsidiary of that company, to give financial assistance directly or indirectly for the purpose of reducing or discharging the liability if, at the time the assistance is given, the company in which the shares were acquired is a public company.

(1)If a company contravenes section 678(1) or (3) or section 679(1) or (3) (prohibited financial assistance) an offence is committed by—

(a)the company, and

(b)every officer of the company who is in default.

The maximum sentence for that is two years upon conviction on indictment.

I'd suspect that will be secondary to a potential sentence on the fraud charge. You'd expect this to go to the High Court given the sums of money involved, as well as the undoubted complexity of the case, where there is no maximum sentence for the common law fraud charge.

The Sun have claimed to have a copy of the charge sheet and they're saying the big fraud is Craig Whyte using the Ticketus money for future ticket sales to finance the takeover, while claiming the Ticketus money was actually existing finance. That amounts to - screwing over the OldCo Rangers shareholders for large sums of cash.

Which is basically an utterly illegal version of a leveraged buyout, which is what the Glazers did to Manchester United legally. The Glazers openly made Man Utd pay for their own takeover. Craigy hid it, and thus broke the law.

Edit: Sharp-eyed P&Bers will note that if the Sun is correct - and they've got a good track-record on obtaining embargoed documents - Craigy is only charged with scamming some OldCo shareholders.

Edited by flyingrodent

Which is basically an utterly illegal version of a leveraged buyout, which is what the Glazers did to Manchester United legally.

Is it a full moon tonight and I missed it? What the f**k is going on with the Plastics? I know you're collectively stupid but could anyone ever think to post this and try and be serious?

The Sun have claimed to have a copy of the charge sheet and they're saying the big fraud is Craig Whyte using the Ticketus money for future ticket sales to finance the takeover, while claiming the Ticketus money was actually existing finance. That amounts to - screwing over the OldCo Rangers shareholders for large sums of cash.

Which is basically an utterly illegal version of a leveraged buyout, which is what the Glazers did to Manchester United legally. The Glazers openly made Man Utd pay for their own takeover. Craigy hid it, and thus broke the law.

Edit: Sharp-eyed P&Bers will note that if the Sun is correct - and they've got a good track-record on obtaining embargoed documents - Craigy is only charged with scamming some OldCo shareholders.

In Craigy wide bhoy Whytes defence, he financed the purchase of the club for a poond coin. That was the sum total of the transaction that bought Whyte the club and the rest were only conditions of the sale which Whyte concluded.

For the record !, Murray fucking knew what he was doing when he pumped the club off before it crumbled his financial empire and most likely helped Whyte in buying Rangers PLC and how to get the money from Ticketus to pay off the bank debt.

ETA, I wouldn't actually be fucking surprised if Murray was already in the process of acqiurring the money from Ticketus himself before selling to Whyte ???

Edited by hellbhoy

Is it a full moon tonight and I missed it? What the f**k is going on with the Plastics? I know you're collectively stupid but could anyone ever think to post this and try and be serious?

It would have been easier to post " I'm sorry guys I am not that intelligent enough to understand that piece of financial skulduggery", but alas you ran right in and made a cnut of yourself throwing toys out the pram first. :(

Basically geezer, it's totally legal to buy a club from people who want away from it by basically borrowing against the club's finances, if both parties are willing. The Glazers didn't pay a penny to buy Manchester United - they basically offered e.g. £600m cash and then put that debt on the club, and not on their own current accounts.

Craigy seems to have done the same to Rangers, but with the Ticketus money, without Sir Dave knowing that was the source of the cash. That is, Craig Whyte previously agreed a deal with Ticketus, then used the theoretical money from that deal to underwrite the Rangers deal. And that's illegal.

Which would mean Craigy is on trial for scamming the OldCo's shareholders.

That is, if the Sun is to be believed. Perhaps it isn't.

Edit there to use the word "underwrite".

Edited by flyingrodent

Also, for folk who are paying attention, this would mean that Whyte is on trial for his dodgy financing of the Rangers deal, but that he isn't liable for e.g.

- Sir Dave spending Rangers into the grave, on the taxpayer's credit card

- Sir Dave's very dodgy tax remuneration schemes

- Sir Dave deliberately frustrating the HMRC investigation with everything at his disposal

- Sir Dave deliberately withholding player contracts to scam the old SPL, an act that later caused the OldCo to incur a quarter-million pound fine for deliberate "rule-breaking"

- Not paying tax/PAYE bills or

- Putting Rangers into liquidation.

Basically, if the Sun reports are to be believed, Whyte is up for the basic sin of acquiring Dead Rangers FC dishonestly, a horror that occurred all the way back when he was being near-unanimously cheered through the gates of Ibrox, and subsequently defended to the hilt.