Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Liquidation would mean starting back in SPFL2 (or would that be SoSL?).......if crowds are dropping now with fan apathy what would it be like if they knew they were just feeding the very spivs they currently want rid of in spite of "Rangers men" owning the "Club"?

No it wouldn't. The rules were changed. 1st insolvency event -10 pts, 2nd insolvency event -25pts. Liquidation is an insolvency event!

No it wouldn't. The rules were changed. 1st insolvency event -10 pts, 2nd insolvency event -25pts. Liquidation is an insolvency event!

Would they liquidate the Club/Company without a prior Admin?

If that was the case surely Hearts would have just shred the debt via liquidation?

Forgot about that fly in the ointment .... but surely a small flat in a tropical hideaway, a stipend plus new identity documents could free those up?

Just came to mind that this is perhaps the reason the board is not taking up the offers on the table. It could well be that there is nothing left to put up as securiity and this is why Somers is emailing everyone he knows to get unsecured loans.

I was sure there was something iffy about the rule changes, memory ain't what it used to be and couldn't be arsed checking.

It would mean administration then liquidation would be -25 then -25 again for Rangers, given they have already had an insolvency event. Straight to voluntary liquidation would be -25 as it is only one insolvency event (sod you, we'll see you in court)

Would they liquidate the Club/Company without a prior Admin?

If that was the case surely Hearts would have just shred the debt via liquidation?

Some clubs have pride.

Is densboy seriously being touted as some sort of financial expert, surely my eyes must be deceiving me...

I've had my disagreements with Dhense in the part but (for me) he's made some good valid points today.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.....

:P

It would all be part of the same 'insolvency event' .. part of the process.

They would need to exit the admin first and then re-enter for liquidation to be classed as a separate event.

Surely if they are liquidated the new holding company would need to reapply for an SFA licence? The new company wouldn't have 3 years' audited accounts and would start all over again on the merry-go-round. Can't see UEFA having much sympathy for a club which has gone bust twice in 4 or 5 years.

Doubt it ..

An Insolvency event would cover the entire process up until the point they exit either via a CVA or liquidation ... ONE event.

I beg to differ, there would be two separate court orders, one to enter admin and one to enter liquidation. For a football club a direct voluntary liquidation would be the least damaging route in a sporting sense.

I think its the standard 15 points deduction. Not sure but it might be argued since the rules have been changed since the merger between the two governing bodies that this could be Rangers 1st administration under these rules. Not sure if this points deduction would be the given one or if it is a third of last season points total which in Rangers case 34 points would be deducted if administration was entered.

Don't think its 10 points and 25 points any more that was the SPL and SFL rules.

I'm sure it was a third of the previous seasons points total as Hearts got 46points prior to Admin.

46/3 = 15points (rounded to nearest number)

I've had my disagreements with Dhense in the part but (for me) he's made some good valid points today.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.....

:P

He's posted other peoples guesses as his own facts perhaps densboy would be good enough to provide some facts to back 'his' posts up.....

Surely if they are liquidated the new holding company would need to reapply for an SFA licence? The new company wouldn't have 3 years' audited accounts and would start all over again on the merry-go-round. Can't see UEFA having much sympathy for a club which has gone bust twice in 4 or 5 years.

Oh I don't know hector, depending on the outcome of several court cases regarding Rangers then uefa may look at things more sympathetically or they might not give two ducks as you say.

Perhaps densboy can explain give us the benefit of his expertise....