Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Then why did Arsenal bother moving to a bigger stadium?

Why have Man Utd steadily increased their capacity to over 70k in recent years?

Why are Chelsea, Spurs, and Liverpool desperately looking at increasing their capacity or even moving to bigger stadia?

Why are Man City also in the process of extending their capacity at the Etihad?

You can add West Ham to that list.

Moving from a 35,000 Boleyn Ground to a 60,000 renovated Olympic Stadium.

So why won't they use Ibrox? I don't believe for a second it's down to the fans, they can't afford to listen to emotional protests.

Either they are still going to and hope the fans don't find out, or they can't for some reason, does someone else already own it?

I guess this means no Ashley money unless he finds other strings he can attach that are to his liking.

This is just a guess on my part but were they ever going to use Ibrox in the first place?

Now we'll be so relieved at 'saving' Ibrox we won't bat an eyelid when they move on to the training ground.

Quite sneaky.

WRK, you've got this wrong and should say so unreservedly. The Meadow fan is a good poster and the point he's making here is perfectly valid, even if his "any old rubbish" line is contentious. I'm also not aware of any evidence on here that he has any affection for Rangers.

Did the meadow fan agree with Norman?

If no then he must be "ane of them" lol

Norman really is that predictable.

WRK, you've got this wrong and should say so unreservedly. The Meadow fan is a good poster and the point he's making here is perfectly valid, even if his "any old rubbish" line is contentious. I'm also not aware of any evidence on here that he has any affection for Rangers.

MT, I've already apologised, but I do have my reservations*. Face value from now on.

As I said to him earlier, his opinions on the status of the clubs he mentioned are arrant nonsense, and his expansion into criticism of the English game as a whole were equally ridiculous.

*Which remain, from now on, my own and unaired on here. I know exactly how it feels to be accused of following an "institution" which I despise, as I'm sure you're aware.

Did the meadow fan agree with Norman?

If no then he must be "ane of them" lol

Norman really is that predictable.

That's "wan ae THAME", Vicky. Get it right, for once in your life.

You jumping into a conversation to have an ad hominem attack on YT - now that's predictable. :lol:

Sky Sports News HQ@SkySportsNewsHQ 22s23 seconds ago

Sky Sources: Rangers will not use Ibrox as security against any further loans from Mike Ashley. Reaction on #SSNHQ

So...

1. Whose loan will Ibrox be used as security for?

2. Will Ibrox be sold instead to Mike Ashley?

3. Has Ibrox already been secured against a loan?

4. Is there something else stopping Ibrox being used as security?

This is just a guess on my part but were they ever going to use Ibrox in the first place?

Now we'll be so relieved at 'saving' Ibrox we won't bat an eyelid when they move on to the training ground.

Quite sneaky.

Yes that's a good point, make it sound really awful and then the actual plan doesn't seem so bad. I have similar tactics when I tell the OH about how much my shopping is :-)

Still raises the question though - if they are as strapped as we are led to believe then the natural step is to raise finance on Ibrox. Apart from the fans is there reasons not too or is it still an option in the future?

Norman can i offer you some advice mate.

You cocked up big time on the Ricksen thread, attacking others won't really divert attention away from that, best just to ride it out.

Take it from one who knows .

Yes that's a good point, make it sound really awful and then the actual plan doesn't seem so bad. I have similar tactics when I tell the OH about how much my shopping is :-)

Still raises the question though - if they are as strapped as we are led to believe then the natural step is to raise finance on Ibrox. Apart from the fans is there reasons not too or is it still an option in the future?

There are rumours about being unable to use it due to a court case with Whyte but most folk would say that Whyte is full of bluster.

Unusually for bennett, he has shown some sense here. We've got a similar situation at work atm, in a long-running national industrial dispute. I've been telling members for over a year that the employer was unlikely to be able, legally, to implement a major change in our T&Cs, but they were, as many are in this climate, shitting themselves at the prospect. Now the employer's saying they will consider cancelling their plans, and everybody's taking it as some kind of victory. Mind games, mind games everywhere.

If there's any truth to the statement - and one poster has already picked four relevant questions it doesn't answer - then we're back to cui bono? This wee soap just gets more and more tangled.

Norman can i offer you some advice mate.

You cocked up big time on the Ricksen thread, attacking others won't really divert attention away from that, best just to ride it out.

Take it from one who knows .

Explain how holding opinions different to others is "cocking up big time"? And with your normal attention to time stamps, you'll notice I explained my opinion before this accusation of yours. You, on the other hand, would prefer to just dribble on without an original thought in your head. Pathetic.

I suppose I could take your advice. What do you suggest? should I

a. Write a tear-stained resignation?

b. Dump Mrs WRK, leave her with the house, and move into a B&B full of Scandinavians, or

c. PM someone who could send me a list of tourist spots I can claim to have visited in the time I'm away?

Eedjit.

Explain how holding opinions different to others is "cocking up big time"? And with your normal attention to time stamps, you'll notice I explained my opinion before this accusation of yours. You, on the other hand, would prefer to just dribble on without an original thought in your head. Pathetic.

I suppose I could take your advice. What do you suggest? should I

a. Write a tear-stained resignation?

b. Dump Mrs WRK, leave her with the house, and move into a B&B full of Scandinavians, or

c. PM someone who could send me a list of tourist spots I can claim to have visited in the time I'm away?

Eedjit.

A.

So why won't they use Ibrox? I don't believe for a second it's down to the fans, they can't afford to listen to emotional protests.

Either they are still going to and hope the fans don't find out, or they can't for some reason, does someone else already own it?

I guess this means no Ashley money unless he finds other strings he can attach that are to his liking.

Because someone else got there first?

Why would they do that eh if it makes no difference?!? Even taking a year out to ground share with someone too. Why go to such hassle eh

Because they're only contributing £15m up-front for a new ground and selling Upton Park for housing development for about £70m, perhaps?

Nice wee cash windfall for not very much effort...