Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I met Straw a couple of times, and had to sit through an address at Union Conference, at the height of the Expenses Scandal, where he was banging on about integrity and accountability while I, as an observer rather than a delegate on this occasion, was having a look through http://www.theyworkforyou.com/, and seeing exactly how much the robbing bastárd had taken his expenses account for. In answer to his address, our Gen Sec gave him the customary memento and a couple of extras - a History of the TU Movement for reference, and, after forty years membership, his Labour Party card. Biggest ovation I've ever seen. The man is scum.

ETA: :offtopic , I know.

not off topic at all.

you were discussing scum....

@Pmacgiollabhain: I understand that the SPFL match delegate's report on the match at Stark's Park will include references to racist abuse of @StanCollymore

Did Phil get this one right?

anyone know?

No idea, Tedi, I'm not obsessed with a blogger.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Serious question.

The cash Ashley handed over 4 weeks ago, was that enough to cover the wages due this week or can we expect another wonga loan dripping with penalties?

That was in two tranches, wasn't it? Three of the first £5m would have paid Ashley's 'other' loan off. Perhaps the other £2m is GTF money for the two outstandingly successful first time coaches.

@Pmacgiollabhain: I understand that the SPFL match delegate's report on the match at Stark's Park will include references to racist abuse of @StanCollymore

anyone know?

If. 'Wife Beating b*****d' is a race then yeh he was racially abused.

That was in two tranches, wasn't it? Three of the first £5m would have paid Ashley's 'other' loan off. Perhaps the other £2m is GTF money for the two outstandingly successful first time coaches.

If the 1st £3M paid off the old loan we can assume the remaining £2M was for January's wages.

So we can expect another £5M loan to flood into RFC this week from Sports Direct?

anyone know?

Densboy will know....

Cockwomble says no action to be taken against the Rangers fans for the singing on Friday. According to the bbc.

Do you want him to personally sort the fans out?

Leave it to the police and courts to deal with those idiots.

Think clubs should be fined for this sort of behaviour. It's only going to encourage the stupid element to be worse next time.

Problem in this case is that Rangers had very little say in who the tickets went to as rovers decided to sell directly to Rangers fans. The last few weeks has seen a return of the "we'll sing what we want" mob, those clowns know what they can sing and what isn't acceptable, keep on lifting them and keep on banning them.

An extreme measure would be a short term away ban if they don't start behaving themselves.Harsh on a lot of fans but may get the message through.

Do you want him to personally sort the fans out?

Leave it to the police and courts to deal with those idiots.

Whit?

So the relevant authorities should just stick their heads in the sand?

Should be points deductions/closed door games as a minimum for every offence. Then we might see some sort of appetite from the "majority" towards self policing the bigots in their fanbase.

Think clubs should be fined for this sort of behaviour. It's only going to encourage the stupid element to be worse next time.

I agree clubs should be fined....but a points deduction should be brought in

I think this is the way ahead and the only way you will stop the sectarian singing.

This would shows some balls at the very least, and yes I know it could affect my own club

who have arseholes in our support....but it is a price worth paying as no club needs these types of fans.

Whit?

So the relevant authorities should just stick their heads in the sand?

Should be points deductions/closed door games as a minimum for every offence. Then we might see some sort of appetite from the "majority" towards self policing the bigots in their fanbase.

Reread the post I replied to, it clearly says "Cockwomble says no action to be taken against the Rangers fans". That is a police matter.

As for self policing, a silly idea and liable to see someone hurt.

Points deductions the only answer - after endless warnings seem to have zero effect.

But of course, any club finishing above them would suffer the sour jibe that their position was 'tainted'

Downside would be Whatabootery going stratospheric

Edited by Ken Fitlike

Reread the post I replied to, it clearly says "Cockwomble says no action to be taken against the Rangers fans". That is a police matter.

As for self policing, a silly idea and liable to see someone hurt.

I stillthink the football authorities should be involved, even if the police are also. This is a blight on our game and the ostrich approach is simply unacceptable imo.

Perhaps these morons might start to get the message if their team faces a loss of points.

By self policing I don't mean making a citizens arrest but there are other forms of self policing.