Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not BRALT related but what's the story with the last game of the season at tynecastle. The program says a 7:45 pm kick off on a sat night. Very strange unless a misprint.

BBC saying its 3pm.

Guess the TV folks had high hopes for this fixture!

Is 7.45 not the BBC Alba as live broadcast time on a Saturday............

Is there gaelic words for Zombie or Sevco ?

Why is densboy so shocked about everything and anything?

Uncle Mikes way of operating is hardly a secret but as some monobrow or diddy said the old board acted within the clubs best interests at all times.....

Why is densboy so shocked about everything and anything?

Uncle Mikes way of operating is hardly a secret but as some monobrow or diddy said the old board acted within the clubs best interests at all times.....

meet the new board

same as the old board

and You Will Get Fooled Again

let the laughs continue......

Martin Williams

Senior News Reporter.

Thursday 19 February 2015

NEWCASTLE owner Mike Ashley now owns the Rangers' retail operation and has a security over many of the club's precious trademarks, it has emerged.

Fresh financial papers for Rangers Retail reveal that from January 27, the Sports Direct founder and owner has been the "ultimate controlling party" of Rangers Retail, which handles the club's merchandising and stores. It confirms the switch has been made from the previous controllers, the club holding company The Rangers International Football Club plc.

The accounts reveal that while Rangers Retail turnover quadrupled from £1.2 million in the year to April 2013 to £4.8m in the year to April 2014, profits only doubled from £434,312 to £877,662. That is because the costs of the sales soared by eight times that of the previous year from £546,656 to £4.2m.

It is understood most of that money has gone to Sports Direct as Rangers Retail is buying Rangers merchandise, including replica kits, gifts, polo shirts and track suits from the Ashley-controlled firm for use in club outlets.

Sports Direct confirmed to the Herald that Rangers Retail has provided over £3.8m to Sports Direct in the year through such sales.

Notes filed over Rangers Retail with Companies House reveal: "This transfer in ownership is a result of a loan issued by independent.co.uk/news/business/news/sports-direct-stops-20000-staff-taking-other-work-by-using-zero-hour-contracts-9661746.html Retail Limited to The Rangers International Football Club plc initially for £5 million."

Mr Ashley's control over retail and trademarks comes as a by-product of his £10m emergency loan to Rangers made last month.

New documents have come to light that show that a host of Rangers and club-related trademarks and logos including the famous

RFC Scroll crest and the Ready logo are being held by Mr Ashley and Sports Direct as security against that loan which is payable on demand.

Details provided by the board to the Rangers Fans Board reveal that Mr Ashley gave up the stadium naming rights he bought for £1 in 2012 in favour of 25 per cent of the Ibrox advertising rights.

When Rangers Retail, a joint venture with Sports Direct, was confirmed by the club under then chief executive Charles Green in August 2012, it was promoted as enabling Rangers "to once again control its retail operation and give supporters the chance to buy direct from the club and in doing so, continue to invest in its future".

Rangers Retail run the club's entire retail operation, including the Rangers Megastore, and hold the rights under licence to the club's famous crests.

When details of the Ashley loan first emerged, the RIFC board admitted it was forced to pay Sports Direct £1.6m, its share of a Rangers Retail dividend, over the "cessation of onerous leases" in relation to the closure of club shops.

Under the previous 10-year retail agreement with JJB struck by Sir David Murray in 2006, Rangers accepted an initial £18m from the sports firm, while it was also guaranteed a minimum royalty fee of £3m per year until 2016.

As a result, JJB held exclusive rights to design, develop, source and retail merchandise associated with the club.

It has been confirmed that Mr Ashley has been called to give evidence before the Scottish Affairs Committee regarding the role Sports Direct played in the treatment of workers at its fashion chain USC

So if Rangers don't own the kit, the players, the badge.

How can you claim it is still the same club?

Jings that means we stopped being the same club when JJB had the rights.

God dammit!!!

Absolutely not.

You stopped being the same club when it was put into liquidation. Anything else is just nonsense.

Trigger would say...

there's a photo of some donkey footballers wearing 5 star badged blue shirts playing at a poorly maintained deteriorating stadium.

what more proof do you need?

Does the concept of paying to watch a football match really offend that many people?

Not that it would offend as such, might just bend their noses out of shape watching some wee diddy club being funded by them so the wee club can afford better players that could or would beat their own club and knock them out of cups.

Some people can't or don't like a completely fair playing field and to some they would think why are we being punished for having a bigger fan base. I'm sure there are fans from smaller clubs who wouldn't want subsidising from bigger clubs as it might diminish or lower the achievements of their club gaining success on their own steam. They might prefer actually beating other clubs by their own means and without any financial help.

Just saying like MT.

This reply to the QC Somehow upset him last night and i think i know why...

Being considered stupid is an issue for him, hence his overreaction to my post and i think this is down to him compared less than favorable to other 'smarter' family members over the years......

Lol.... it shows why he always has to be an expert in every subject ;)

Oh Benny you are now just being stupid & thick if you think it bothers me. I posted you did some stupid & thick things and you stupidly replied back "you'd know" which then gave me the opportunity to roast your sorry arse by posting some really thick & stupid things you have done on P&B. It was really that simple. :)

And if you think I think I'm an expert then you are really showing how stupid & thick you really are at times. :lol:

Get over it you muppet, you gave me the opportunity to take the piss out of you so that the P&D's could point and laugh at how stupid & thick you have been on the forum. :P

Annoyed much dopey ?, hit a raw nerve that you get called stupid & thick all the time in the real world ?. :rolleyes:

Oh Benny you are now just being stupid & thick if you think it bothers me. I posted you did some stupid & thick things and you stupidly replied back "you'd know" which then gave me the opportunity to roast your sorry arse by posting some really thick & stupid things you have done on P&B. It was really that simple. :)

And if you think I think I'm an expert then you are really showing how stupid & thick you really are at times. :lol:

Get over it you muppet, you gave me the opportunity to take the piss out of you so that the P&D's could point and laugh at how stupid & thick you have been on the forum. :P

Annoyed much dopey ?, hit a raw nerve that you get called stupid & thick all the time in the real world ?. :rolleyes:

In some other reality, I'm sure that an alternative Bennett understood that post.

You mean the perfectly legal EBTs?

Now I'm going to do something here you didn't expect No8, I'm going to totally agree with you that EBT's are perfectly legal. That's where it ends.

Now the bit you keep conveniently keep forgetting is how Rangers FC used the EBT scheme,Rangers abused it. Rangers FC totally ripped the arse right out of the the loophole completely. EBT schemes were set up to avoid paying some tax and what Rangers did was to issue out loans which did not have to be paid back ever totally avoiding paying any tax from the EBT scheme which was against the EBT rules which incidentally has been amended so participants can't do "A Rangers" any more.

You do know the HMRC are now about to chase down all the players who received the EBT loans for tax due, how many will then produce that fabled second contract, promise note or also called a side letter proving that after certain conditions players would receive a set amount of tax free for services rendered in the UTT.

Yes EBT's are legal but what Rangers FC did was against the EBT code of conduct.

Now I'm going to do something here you didn't expect No8, I'm going to totally agree with you that EBT's are perfectly legal. That's where it ends.

Now the bit you keep conveniently keep forgetting is how Rangers FC used the EBT scheme,Rangers abused it. Rangers FC totally ripped the arse right out of the the loophole completely. EBT schemes were set up to avoid paying some tax and what Rangers did was to issue out loans which did not have to be paid back ever totally avoiding paying any tax from the EBT scheme which was against the EBT rules which incidentally has been amended so participants can't do "A Rangers" any more.

You do know the HMRC are now about to chase down all the players who received the EBT loans for tax due, how many will then produce that fabled second contract, promise note or also called a side letter proving that after certain conditions players would receive a set amount of tax free for services rendered in the UTT.

Yes EBT's are legal but what Rangers FC did was against the EBT code of conduct.

:lol:

Can we get a link to the EBT code of conduct?

PMSL.

In some other reality, I'm sure that an alternative Bennett understood that post.

In an alternate reality there is a Benny who doesn't support The Rangers and isn't thick & stupid and understood that post ??? :o

:lol:

Can we get a link to the EBT code of conduct?

PMSL.

Code of conduct = not breaching or breaking the rules of using an EBT scheme. I'm fairly sure I posted the EBT rules & regulations a few years back that showed what Rangers FC were doing was against the EBT scheme by issuing loans that didn't need to be paid back as the guidelines for paying loans back were fairly specific and this is why the HMRC hounded them down.

Rangers FC have gotten away with it so far for now because they are loans, but the ethics that they do not need to be paid back goes against what is deemed to legally known as a loan. It has to be paid back.

Edit, it's the code of practice. :ph34r:

Also I remember now that loans from the EBT scheme could be used to avoid paying full tax by using the offshore method, but the loan in full had to be paid back before the recipient had gone into retirement so that any tax due on the lump sum payment on retirement could be taxed by the HMRC.

Edited by hellbhoy