Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He has not actually been employed in any official capacity yet, if people want to sit back and analyse every statement then that is up to them, I am only interested in what he does or does not do for Rangers while employed by them.

I've got be honest, I dont really know what to say to that. The guy is a major shareholder, about to become Chairman and, publicly, the only person talking about putting major investment into the club. Yet, you're not interested until he's officially employed?

Pretty laughable stuff in the Record this morning, particularly the stuff about Ashley.

Wonder how much of this pish was drip-fed by King himself

"Indeed, most of King’s business is done with the South African government and if he was so disgraced in his adopted homeland they would be unlikely to grant him the bulk of his work with Micromega Holdings, which oversees areas such as IT, procurement, recruitment and financial services."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gary-ralstons-take-rangers-mike-5729446

https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/11050.32600.159.0/society/south-africa-where-corruption-rape-and-murder-are-normal

Edited by chimneyman

He made a statement that says now that I able to become chairman I will push ahead and invest in Rangers - seems like good news to me.

Yes, but the point is he's made several other statements which have turned out to be untrue, or at best hes contradicted himself. Why, then, would you take his statement about investment at face value?

Yes, but the point is he's made several other statements which have turned out to be untrue, or at best hes contradicted himself. Why, then, would you take his statement about investment at face value?

No one does. All Bears are playing a 'wait and see' plan.

Again, you're endorsing the worst of the diddy tropes yet not reading the posts on the board that you are meant to be moderating.

I am not sure how you can declare them as 'pish' either to be fair, not unless you have an inside scoop which shows that King`s company does not continue to do business with the SA government.

Missing the point completely.

He does do business with the government - not disputed.

It's also not disputed that corruption in SA is absolutely massive. So the fact that some parts of the government 'endorse' King doesn't really lend much credibility to his status as a trustworthy businessman.

Get it now?

King = Still disgraced.

Edited by chimneyman

No the point is has confirmed that he will invest.

If he fails to deliver on this then feel free to come back and point and say I told you so.

By which point it might be too late.

No one does. All Bears are playing a 'wait and see' plan.

Again, you're endorsing the worst of the diddy tropes yet not reading the posts on the board that you are meant to be moderating.

You mean like you "waited and saw" with Whyte and Green? How did that work out for you?

Then you should have made that point and used a quote to back it up, instead you said 'pish' followed by a statement that merely claimed he still did business with the SA government, you then edited the post to add in the link to the other article without quoting anything from it.

Was this the same corrupt SA government advised SA businesses on how to follow tax efficient schemes and then proceeded to prosecute the same businesses for it?

You quoted the post with 2 links. Did you not read the post you quoted? I was mocking the presumption by the Record journalist that King somehow had approval from the SA government. He fucking doesn't.

We all know Dave King is corrupt to the core, just a few Orcs are in complete and utter denial.

Mon the Hibs!

Edited by chimneyman

At which point do you think it will be too late?

Hope you actually have some substance backing this up and this is not just some diddy generic type statement that you read somewhere else.

When the club runs out of money, obviously

Im not sure why I need substance to an opinion. I never claimed King wouldnt invest, Im just surprised at the apparent lack of concern from Rangers fans over his continued lies

Jermaine Jenas @jjenas8

Just watched hard times:fernando ricksen such an emotional story, shows how great a club Rangers fc are still supporting there ex players.

Fair sentiments, but can't help thinking he's sooking up to the big hoose, wanting a final big wage next season.

Not the right thread for this?

You're very much at home on The Big Thread.

:lol:

What I meant was that my comments were intended as a prediction of what King may or may not do. Im merely commenting on the reaction of Rangers fans to his comments. In my opinion, there arent enough questions being asked. I dont need any substance to back that up

:lol:

What I meant was that my comments were intended as a prediction of what King may or may not do

Aye those 'may or may not do' predictions are the best ones. Some call it hedging,. The sane folk call it talking shite.

Do us a favour and, 'Exit, pursued by a Bear' (As per A Winter's Tale) because you're just becoming an embarrassment.

Edited by The_Kincardine