Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As a football fan from Motherwell who identifies with the town, it's a pity that you don't connect the two in the obvious way. I know however that Motherwell don't embody reformation values in the way you bafflingly like a football club to do.

Sensational stuff. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Meanwhile I think it's perfectly reasonable to poll posters on the same board. Similarly, I'd listen seriously to any view you expressed about Queens and regard it as an authentic expression.

The only reason you take issue with me is because you may not get the answer that you want.

It is entirely reasonable to poll posters on the same board, but it's also reasonably pointless to suggest that these posters are representative of the support as a whole. As imprecise as it is, using anecdotal experiences of Rangers fans collected over the years is fairly strong evidence to present in favour of Monkey's argument.

As an analogy, for example; several Rangers fans post on here, yet few if any will admit to having sung sectarian songs in the past week. However, recent footage at Easter Road, Palmerston Park and Ibrox demonstrates large chunks of your support doing so. Therefore, it would be a long bow to draw to say that, on the evidence of posters on this board, Rangers fans don't sing sectarian songs, wouldn't it?

As a football fan from Motherwell who identifies with the town, it's a pity that you don't connect the two in the obvious way. I know however that Motherwell don't embody reformation values in the way you bafflingly like a football club to do. I also know that they probably won't win the League in our lifetimes and indeed might get relegated within a week or so. Altogether less appealing.

I missed this little gobbet of ignorance.

I am, of course, a Rangers' supporting, Tory-voting Unionist who thinks that The Reformation was an altogether good thing.

I am also perfectly happy that none of those views need inform any of the other and live with them as comfortably independent opinions.

This is clearly a level of nuance that you have no scope to appreciate hence your crass caricature.

I am, of course, a Rangers' supporting, Tory-voting Unionist who thinks that The Reformation was an altogether good thing.

This is clearly a level of nuance that you have no scope to appreciate hence your crass caricature.

Cariacature is right. Also, snug stereotype would also seem appropriate.

It's amazing how far being a glib and shameless liar can take you in life and King is living proof of that But Is anybody still dumb enough to swallow his Sevco bluff, bluster and BS? Green and Whyte were straight dealers compared to this felon. Nobody is going to put their money near this born liar, no lender or investor, so better get that imaginary second £20m ready. Mon Hibs.

The Sevconians' fanatical obsession with getting one up on "thame" means that anyone who promises them a short-term future of competing against Celtic would be believed implicitly if he told them the Pope was a Hindu and grass is blue.

It is entirely reasonable to poll posters on the same board, but it's also reasonably pointless to suggest that these posters are representative of the support as a whole. As imprecise as it is, using anecdotal experiences of Rangers fans collected over the years is fairly strong evidence to present in favour of Monkey's argument.

I am not sure what sort of evidence-base one uses. Given that we all post on P&B it seems reasonable to use feedback from our fellow posters. The only reason for not doing so is that you don't like the possible results.

Unless, of course, you think we are a self-selecting group of Balanced Budget Bears which is clearly absurd.

As an analogy, for example; several Rangers fans post on here, yet few if any will admit to having sung sectarian songs in the past week. However, recent footage at Easter Road, Palmerston Park and Ibrox demonstrates large chunks of your support doing so. Therefore, it would be a long bow to draw to say that, on the evidence of posters on this board, Rangers fans don't sing sectarian songs, wouldn't it?

I'll ask you the same question that I asked another poster. Talk me through the sectarian songs. Try and do so without resorting to cant or cliche. BTW 'distasteful' doesn't count. I find some of our songbook distasteful (especially the UVF shite) but that's not the same as sectarian.

This isn't a new phenomenon. My grandfather was an Airdrie fan first but would often get a tram to Ibrox to watch The Famous.

The rest of your post is pish.

You cut that shit out, you livestock raping b*****d ye.

You are doing A Monkey and projecting what you think is true. Ask any of the Bears on here if they want a balanced budget or boom and bust.

Do you want that if it meant getting pumped? As the first half against queens showed, your support cannot live for 45 minutes without winning. No patience, booooooooooooo The business model of look at the shiny-shiny, win at all costs, no surrender, was the death of your old club. Any evidence that this isn't happening now, no.

So if by this time next year Dave King has proved himself trustworthy will this thread finally be closed?

Apart from the 2 out right lies about a nomad and his investment being non-conditional, there's no time machine to wipe out his last involvement and his convictions. 10 years of Mary Poppins behaviour and we're maybe approaching trustworthy. Next year pffft, cretin

Do you want that if it meant getting pumped? As the first half against queens showed, your support cannot live for 45 minutes without winning. No patience, booooooooooooo The business model of look at the shiny-shiny, win at all costs, no surrender, was the death of your old club. Any evidence that this isn't happening now, no.

^ This. Give them the choice between being financially sound and responsible or hammering teams 4-0 every week, and they'll choose the latter every time, despite what they might say to the contrary.

I missed this little gobbet of ignorance.

I am also perfectly happy that none of those views need inform any of the other and live with them as comfortably independent opinions.

It really is an amazing set of independent and wholly unrelated coincidences when you factor in that you're also a bit of a dick.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

I am not sure what sort of evidence-base one uses. Given that we all post on P&B it seems reasonable to use feedback from our fellow posters. The only reason for not doing so is that you don't like the possible results.

Unless, of course, you think we are a self-selecting group of Balanced Budget Bears which is clearly absurd.

I'll ask you the same question that I asked another poster. Talk me through the sectarian songs. Try and do so without resorting to cant or cliche. BTW 'distasteful' doesn't count. I find some of our songbook distasteful (especially the UVF shite) but that's not the same as sectarian.

To do so would be equally pointless though, especially in the framework you've designed. By deeming certain songs 'distasteful', you have introduced an objective test with which I cannot agree. I find any song or social activity connected with the celebration of terrorism, and indeed the slaughter of a religious group, steeped in such symbolism more than distasteful; I consider it disgusting, facile, and furthermore those people who defend such behaviour in any respect as doing as much to further such culture as if they were joining in themselves.

For your reference though, although both are adjectival, I don't consider sectarian and distasteful to be synonymous in the least. One is strictly subjective, the other objective in my eyes. So to save wasting more time on the subject, I respectfully decline your invitation.