Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There you go. Gas turbines don't need a starter motor. They just need air. The QC will be inviting you as an expert witness in his next case. The blind leading the partially sighted.

Eh ?, why the fack bring me into this by name ffs ?

And by the way I would not as you put invite him to give his expert opinion on how gas turbines are started up.

So that's you just being stupid asking silly questions you know to be idiotic making you a bit thick in the process, well done and next case please.

And by the way I would not as you put invite him to give his expert opinion on how gas turbines are started up.

Whyever not? He's a self-confessed engine expert who doesn't know how engines work by his own admission. The only differences between you two is his acknowledgment of his limitations.

Gas Turbines have starter motors - they are in the bullet shaped protrusions right at the front of the Intake and are refereed to as "Starter Bullets" - they can be driven by air (from the APU) , hydraulics and, of course, electricity.

Air Turbines are generally used on large Gas Turbines and Electricity is geneerally used on smaller Gas Turbines

FWIW - APUs, many of which are Gas Turbines, also have a starter motors.

Murray Park been renamed yet?

Is Ashley going to still invest millions into the clumpany to help guide them into the Champions League to promote Sports Direct on a European stage?

Like fucking buses,wait ages for an aircraft engineer then two come along.

HBQC will be along to point out any mistakes.

The QC will be the chief designer for boeing....

Hot air?

FFS ? :lol: Just MiT graduate with honours at the end of the never ending line of titles I've won on P&B. :lol: Surely more than 54 by now and I'm not counting ones like "w@nk", "Fanny", "Arsehole" etc etc etc. :) <<< for the benefit of Tedi I'm not including the war ones with war of words.

Anyhoo let's play along with this commotion over "Gas turbines"

From evidence in googling and presented by prominent experts on P&B. The blades need a starter motor to spin them to produce the compressed air the engine NEEDS to ignite fuel and air to produce thrust.

So in saying that the actual engine itself does not need a starter motor itself, the engine needs the turbines to produce compressed air so that the engine has sufficient amounts of air to produce the correct amount of thrust to make the plane move. So it would be the turbines that needs the starter motor to make them spin to produce the compressed air for the actual engine itself before the engine has been actually switched on to feed the combustion chamber with the correct mix of fuel and air.

Conclusion !, the engine itself can work on it's own without any starter motor but it will not have sufficient amounts of compressed air to produce the necessary thrust to make the plane move in any way.

Kinky you've fucked it mate and can a mod ban this poor deluded fool for a few days so he can sober up before posting thanks. :)

Edited by hellbhoy

From evidence in googling and presented by prominent experts on P&B. The blades need a starter motor to spin them to produce the compressed air the engine NEEDS to ignite fuel and air to produce thrust.

So in saying that the actual engine itself does not need a starter motor itself, the engine needs the turbines to produce compressed air so that the engine has sufficient amounts of air to produce the correct amount of thrust to make the plane move. So it would be the turbines that needs the starter motor to make them spin to produce the compressed air for the actual engine itself before the engine has been actually switched on to feed the combustion chamber with the correct mix of fuel and air.

Conclusion !, the engine itself can work on it's own without any starter motor but it will not have sufficient amounts of compressed air to produce the necessary thrust to make the plane move in any way.

Kinky you've fucked it mate and can a mod ban this poor deluded fool for a few days so he can sober up before posting thanks. :)

These 'Turbines' you're referring to are part of the Gas Turbine itself - the Starter Motor spins the Turbines & Compressor until sufficient pressure is available in the Combustion Chamber for the fuel/air mixture to be ignited and then drive the Compressor itself.

Gas Turbines have Starter Motors.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

Same old nsr. Keyboard's writing cheques that his brain can't deliver.

What does that even mean? Are you implying my computer keyboard has some form of sentience and types my posts for me?

So do Jet Engines have Spark plugs?

Yes they do have spark plugs. They are called igniter plugs, they work on the same principle though and are powered by a high tension igniter control module. They are used during the starting cycle of the engine, they shut off when the engine becomes self sustaining. The air that starts the engine also shuts off at this point. The air comes from the APU which is also a gas turbine engine. The APU is started using a conventional electric starter motor. The main engines can also be started using air from a independent source, such as a ground cart,, which is a lorry with an APU sized gas turbine in the back with an air hose that connects to the aircraft. This method is used if the APU is unserviceable.

The original point was that the main engines are started by electricity, they are not. They are started using compressed air until they can become self sustaining through the addition of fuel and an ignition source. HTH.

Gas Turbines have starter motors - they are in the bullet shaped protrusions right at the front of the Intake and are refereed to as "Starter Bullets" - they can be driven by air (from the APU) , hydraulics and, of course, electricity.

Air Turbines are generally used on large Gas Turbines and Electricity is geneerally used on smaller Gas Turbines

FWIW - APUs, many of which are Gas Turbines, also have a starter motors.

Striped an air start compressor out in Africa, was wooden blades on the starter motor, just rubbed them down reassembled stuck on rig air supply to start it and off it went no probs..........................zilch to do with jet engines but hey ho such is BRALT.

Yes they do have spark plugs. They are called igniter plugs, they work on the same principle though and are powered by a high tension igniter control module. They are used during the starting cycle of the engine, they shut off when the engine becomes self sustaining. The air that starts the engine also shuts off at this point. The air comes from the APU which is also a gas turbine engine. The APU is started using a conventional electric starter motor. The main engines can also be started using air from a independent source, such as a ground cart,, which is a lorry with an APU sized gas turbine in the back with an air hose that connects to the aircraft. This method is used if the APU is unserviceable.

The original point was that the main engines are started by electricity, they are not. They are started using compressed air until they can become self sustaining through the addition of fuel and an ignition source. HTH.

If I'm understanding this correctly that would be analogous to having a 50cc lawnmower engine as the starter motor on a f**k off big truck.

Or the BIOS being needed to load the actual operating system.

These 'Turbines' you're referring to are part of the Gas Turbine itself - the Started Motor spins the Turbines & Compressor until sufficient pressure is available in the Combustion Chamber for the fuel/air mixture to be ignited and then drive the Compressor itself.

Gas Turbines have Starter Motors.

Initially from this.

Had I a choice I'd mildly admonish someone who called us 'currants' for trying to subvert the swear filter but attach a set of jump leads from the starter motor of a jumbo jet to the nadgers of anyone who called us 'currents'.

To whether or not a jet engine needs a starter motor to start up the jet engine.

A jet engine does not need a starter motor to make it work, it needs air to make it work and this is supplied by spinning the turbines first but the starter motor does not switch the engine on like cars.

I think this is the crux of the dispute, both parties are right in their own way but a starter motor does not start the jet engine itself. it's sole purpose is to spin the turbines before the engine itself is finally switched on by the pilot.

Yes the starter motor is part of a gas turbine but it does not in any way start up and switch on the jet engine itself, that's the pilots job when the turbines have reached a specific speed producing enough compressed air into the combustion chamber before the actual engine itself has been switched on.

A jet engine needs a source to spin the turbines first and through some googling there are other ways to spin the turbines without a starter motor. So therefore a jet engine does not need a starter motor at all under certain conditions.

If I'm understanding this correctly that would be analogous to having a 50cc lawnmower engine as the starter motor on a f**k off big truck.

Or the BIOS being needed to load the actual operating system.

Aye something like that. It just means an aircraft can be independent of any support to start it unless the APU is knackered.

Oh. And Kinky, we don't tell you where to stick commas and colons, so STFU and stick to what you know best. Thanks in advance.

On this day......

rip_zpshuqiaytz.jpg

Let's post all the media of that day and see how many media sources say the company that runs the club is being sent to the liquidators. :)

I would also like to challenge the resident bears, please post anything from this day 2012 from any media outlet that quotes the club is separate from the company and it's the company that owns and operates the club that is being liquidated. In fact any fucking source including any mad bloggers sites that evenly remotely suggests anything close to it. :lol: