Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aye but surely not when the games on !!???

I don think I've posted on another clubs page/threads in the 18 months I've been on here. Perhaps maybe once or twice when they've actually been playing Rangers. The Rangers board is infested with Ce*tic fans and the P&D's who follow them around like lost sheep. Even an occasional visitor can see that at first glance.

Have you not realised? Your sorry excuse for a club is the laughing stock of Scottish football. Why would football fans not come here for a giggle?

The bigotfest will be back next season. Title stripping won't change that. What harm can seeing justice being done do now?

None at all.

Justice for me means either, the authorities confirming that this "new rangers" were formed in 2012 & have no right to claim the history & honors of the old rangers.

Or.

IF.....They want us to believe it's the same club as always, Making them cough up every penny owed to everyone they stitched up.

Either way they're fucked & i along with many others will be happy.

I was sure I read in the summation of the latest tax case appeal that the judge felt the EBTs were bonuses and that without those bonuses it was possible that those players in receipt of EBTs would have sought employment elsewhere.

That is highly contradictory to "no sporting advantage" claim.

I'm pretty sure everyone with more than 1 brain cell realised that the "no sporting advantage" line was complete bullshit the moment it was uttered.

I still expect the scottish football authorities to keep up their lies just so they can get their flagship bigotfest back on the calendar.

On Lord Nimmos judgement , as SIR Phil correctly points out....."The LNS decision on Side Letters was based on the assumption that EBTs were legal and not tax evasion"

On Lord Nimmos judgement , as SIR Phil correctly points out....."The LNS decision on Side Letters was based on the assumption that EBTs were legal and not tax evasion"

So...a bit like being found not guilty of Murder, then at the appeal being found guilty of murder but claiming to still be "not guilty" because of the first trial?

^^^^^

Please stop laughing at us, type post

You're a fud, mate.

It's not a "Please stop laughing at us, type post", it's an "I'm not gonna waste my breath arguing with half-wits like you over this until it's all done and dusted" type post.

You're typical of the guys on here who decry Rangers fans for being assholes then when they post something which isn't inflammatory you try to goad them into being the asshole you have it ingrained in your pea-brain that they are.

Here's a tip for life: stop and consider that if everybody is a dick to you it's probably because you, yourself, are a dick.

I'm pretty sure everyone with more than 1 brain cell realised that the "no sporting advantage" line was complete bullshit the moment it was uttered..

Our footballing authorities obviously thought we all had one or less brains cells then.

It's the reason I stopped attending football games in Scotland

http://www.nrl.com/melbourne-storm-breach-nrl-salary-cap/tabid/10874/newsid/58359/default.aspx

Dual contracts, side letters promising extra payments.
A system enabling them to attract and retain some of the biggest names in Rugby League

“In doing so they have let down the game, the players and the fans."
“Clearly there were some individuals who knew what was going on and perhaps many who did not. By nature, that means innocent parties will suffer as a result of this punishment but the persons responsible are those who constructed the scheme and anyone who knowingly signed a false statutory declaration to deceive the game."

All very familiar stuff

Interesting how this was dealt with in Australia and a mere $1.7million over five years, rather than £45million

The irony in this post should be staggering, sadly it is what I have come to expect from you.

90% + of my posts are about the club I happen to support, I would say the same is true for most of the Rangers fans on here.

I would say that the majority of celtic fans who post on this thread rarely post about celtic, The King and Clonmel seem to have forgotten they exist and completely shy away from defending them as numerous fans of club rip the pish on celtic related threads, instead they spend their time obsessing about Rangers...it really is where their interest begins and ends.

I would hazard that fewer than 10% of your posts are not Rangers related, yet here you are accusing others of being obsessed while at the same time yet again getting annoyed at Rangers fans laughing at celtic, something you have done on the lets all laugh at celtic thread too, yet I have never seen you utter a word at any celtic fan for doing the same.

You Dave are a complete parody of yourself

I can assure you, I'm far from annoyed. You seem to have misinterpreted my mood.

My use of the term obsessed in my OP was for trolling purposes. It seems to have worked.

I have absolutely no issue with laughing at Celtic. I enjoy it. Just thinking about a Ronnie Roar makes me laugh. I kind of feel sorry for them. They really are shite.

But... To get back to my point... Wtf has it got to do with the BRALT? Nothing at all. Their Euro crash n burn being discussed on this thread, last night, by Rangers fans just emphasised how much you guys were hurting after a shitter of a week.

Rather than discuss. Rangers fans deflected. It was embarrassing to see.

You're a fud, mate.

It's not a "Please stop laughing at us, type post", it's an "I'm not gonna waste my breath arguing with half-wits like you over this until it's all done and dusted" type post.

You're typical of the guys on here who decry Rangers fans for being assholes then when they post something which isn't inflammatory you try to goad them into being the asshole you have it ingrained in your pea-brain that they are.

Here's a tip for life: stop and consider that if everybody is a dick to you it's probably because you, yourself, are a dick.

Seems my goading worked. Go take a chill pill fella. The internet is not as serious as you think it is.

I think if you were being honest, you'd have also admitted that a similar criticism can be aimed at the supporters of other teams.

When the first rulings went in the favour of oldco a lot of "you" opined that the verdict doesn't matter because it was "morally wrong" regardless of the outcome and, furthermore, that there was still the chance of appeal so it wasn't over.

Until we find out whether this verdict is being appealed further then any reaction from either side is premature.

I think that would be fair comment were it not for the fact that deadrangers admitted liability for some cases. So they have always been a bit guilty. Now, common sense has prevailed, the obvious and correct decision has been made and we can now all agree that this black disgrace will forever shroud Ibrox. Or sevco could do the decent thing and hand back the baubles they cheated to obtain.

That would be the dignified thing to do.

I was sure I read in the summation of the latest tax case appeal that the judge felt the EBTs were bonuses and that without those bonuses it was possible that those players in receipt of EBTs would have sought employment elsewhere.

That is highly contradictory to "no sporting advantage" claim.

That's complete conjecture and isn't the type of thing an intelligent man like a judge should come out with.

It wasn't by chance Lord Carloway who said it? The guy who was part of the panel who placed the transfer embargo on Rangers but which was overturned.

Look how much debt the oldco had run up. Who is to say that SDM wouldn't have just added that extra £40M odd onto the pile?

It was a tax avoidance scheme. Tax avoidance isn't employed solely because you can't afford the tax, it's employed because you don't want to pay the tax.

Plus, as I've said above, until there is no chance of the decision being appealed you're all being a bit premature.

That's complete conjecture and isn't the type of thing an intelligent man like a judge should come out with.

It wasn't by chance Lord Carloway who said it? The guy who was part of the panel who placed the transfer embargo on Rangers but which was overturned.

Look how much debt the oldco had run up. Who is to say that SDM wouldn't have just added that extra £40M odd onto the pile?

It was a tax avoidance scheme. Tax avoidance isn't employed solely because you can't afford the tax, it's employed because you don't want to pay the tax.

Plus, as I've said above, until there is no chance of the decision being appealed you're all being a bit premature.

You couldn't afford it. That's why your club went bust and died.

Cheats!

You're a fucking idiot.

Winning the league within the first seven minutes and turning rugby park into a sea of red white and blue #ebtmemories

I've got the actual ball from that game. It got booted into the crowd near the end and someone tried to take it home but a steward got it back. The last few minutes played with a different ball but the one from all the goals in the last ever title won by Rangers is in my hut. (It's been battered about all over the place and the leather is peeling off), It's a great metaphor really.

Every time I batter the ball about it pleases me that I'm destroying a wee bit of 'history'.

From David Murray's (aka "Mr Black") testimony at the original appeal.

https://www.pumptax.com/wp-content/uploads/old/documents/murray291012.pdf

Page 53, note 207

207. Firstly, the arrangements on engagement may be considered. We accepted the 5 evidence of Mr Black, Mr Magenta, and Mr Grey. Characteristically the prospective players and their agents focussed on a net figure. This could be maximised via the trust mechanism, and moreover could only be afforded by the Club that way. A “deal” would be offered by the Club only on a “take it or leave it” basis, which we accept

I believe the term is "clamped"?

I'm going to go against the diddy grain here and say I am not fussed about them having titles stripped. Unfortunately it happened and I don't see what good it really does anyone. The subsequent seethe from the **** would simply be an old firm tit for tat about number of titles won which would frankly be very boring.

What the whole sorry mess did show up was the absolute sham that was the two horse race during that period, where two clubs outspent each other (we now know one did through unlawful means) to the detriment of the whole sport, not that we didn't know that already.

The saddest thing for me is that this was an opportunity to fix it, to really shake up the game seeing as it was of course Armageddon anyway and come away from the Old firm centric sport we watch. They will always be the two biggest in the league but we could have levelled the playing field a bit more.

It seems now we're coming to the end of that window of opportunity and it honestly seems that no lessons have been learned at the sfa, spl, celtic or rangers and we are heading straight back to where we were.

All to satisfy some tv companies really.

The people running scottish football really do need to be ashamed.

I'm going to go against the diddy grain here and say I am not fussed about them having titles stripped. Unfortunately it happened and I don't see what good it really does anyone. The subsequent seethe from the **** would simply be an old firm tit for tat about number of titles won which would frankly be very boring.

What the whole sorry mess did show up was the absolute sham that was the two horse race during that period, where two clubs outspent each other (we now know one did through unlawful means) to the detriment of the whole sport, not that we didn't know that already.

The saddest thing for me is that this was an opportunity to fix it, to really shake up the game seeing as it was of course Armageddon anyway and come away from the Old firm centric sport we watch. They will always be the two biggest in the league but we could have levelled the playing field a bit more.

It seems now we're coming to the end of that window of opportunity and it honestly seems that no lessons have been learned at the sfa, spl, celtic or rangers and we are heading straight back to where we were.

All to satisfy some tv companies really.

The people running scottish football really do need to be ashamed.

Good post, definitely a massive missed opportunity to reshape the game for the better.

Although I would argue that without some kind of recognition that cheating to win is verboten, we'll just be setting a precedent that you can break the rules and don't worry about getting caught, we'll just fudge it. How many lower league teams have been kicked out of a competition for relatively minor infractions over the years? And never mind lowly teams what about poor old Legia Warsaw?

The joy of football is all you need is jumpers for goal-posts and a ball. It must be as level a playing field.

And in the same way that the fit and proper row isn't as much to do with letting a convicted criminal in to run sevco, it's to stop other teams falling foul of unscrupulous owners / directors too. Any shyster can now point to the glib and shameless one and say, well what about that thundercunt, he's fine? The fact that Ashley is also a p***k doesn't mean we should have to accept a criminal into our game.

As you say, a huge missed opportunity, a total lack of leadership at the SFA and everyone hiding under their desks when it comes to taking any responsibility.

None at all.

Justice for me means either, the authorities confirming that this "new rangers" were formed in 2012 & have no right to claim the history & honors of the old rangers.

Or.

IF.....They want us to believe it's the same club as always, Making them cough up every penny owed to everyone they stitched up.

Either way they're fucked & i along with many others will be happy.

What you forget about is the magic broom and carpet that things seem to get swept under where sevco are concerned.

Nothing will happen to them. Christ they haven't even been chased for money they said they'd pay to initially be allowed to start again.

You're a fud, mate.

Given that the vast majority of those who seem to see Dave as a dick seem to follow one of two clubs (which by pure coincidence call themselves by the same name), maybe there's another explanation...