Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm beginning to think Glasgow should just be reopened as a museum of how "folk used to live" and we could send all our school children there as a warning in life to watch (from a protective and soundproof glass), how these dinosaurs go about their daily lives. These people are centuries behind modern times. Still banging on about religion and history they don't even remotely understand for a start. They don't call Glasgow the goldfish bowl for nothing. Glasgow will hold Scotland back far more than it will ever forward Scotland. Time for a power shift. Time for change. There is no better time than now to make it happen.

I'm beginning to think Glasgow should just be reopened as a museum of how "folk used to live" and we could send all our school children there as a warning in life to watch (from a protective and soundproof glass), how these dinosaurs go about their daily lives. These people are centuries behind modern times. Still banging on about religion and history they don't even remotely understand for a start. They don't call Glasgow the goldfish bowl for nothing. Glasgow will hold Scotland back far more than it will ever forward Scotland. Time for a power shift. Time for change. There is no better time than now to make it happen.

Thats a wee bit defamitory about Glasgow. We're not all knuckledragging bigots who thrive on hatred. Some of us are actually quite human and feel exactly the same way about a section of the city and funnily enough the whole of west central Scotland. A lot of us dont support ANY of the Glasgow teams and never ever will because of exactly your reasons.

that's just what happens in city's though

the larger amount of people who live in an area the higher cretinous proportion is to be expected

I'm beginning to think Glasgow should just be reopened as a museum of how "folk used to live" and we could send all our school children there as a warning in life to watch (from a protective and soundproof glass)

Govan is essentially a time tunnel back into the 1970s as it is, schools could do a double whammy and get some Victorian lessons at Scotland Street, and then on to a safari back to the days of casual bigotry and rubbish piled high on the streets.

That's harsh, not everyone is like that. I know you're gonna look at my team and see that it's Celtic but I support football, not bigotry. I don't care about religion or history that, quite frankly, I don't care about, it's nothing to do with me, I don't care if someone is a Protestant or Catholic, it's they're choice as long as they don't scream it in my face. I know Old Firm fans get tarred and feathered with the same brush but we're not all like that as there are fans, who support either teams, that are good folk and just enjoy football and enjoy supporting their team.

Thats a wee bit defamitory about Glasgow. We're not all knuckledragging bigots who thrive on hatred. Some of us are actually quite human and feel exactly the same way about a section of the city and funnily enough the whole of west central Scotland. A lot of us dont support ANY of the Glasgow teams and never ever will because of exactly your reasons.

My dad and most of my family are Glaswegian mate, I spent most of my childhood summers there. I got fed up being asked what side of the green or blue I favoured. Narrow-mindedness tagged with big city syndrome stinks in Glasgow. I know it's not everyone but there you go, personal experience for over 20 years. Dundee is considered a sh*tehole by the rest of Scotland. Not a patch on Glasgow.... in my opinion of course.

My dad and most of my family are Glaswegian mate, I spent most of my childhood summers there. I got fed up being asked what side of the green or blue I favoured. Narrow-mindedness tagged with big city syndrome stinks in Glasgow. I know it's not everyone but there you go, personal experience for over 20 years. Dundee is considered a sh*tehole by the rest of Scotland. Not a patch on Glasgow.... in my opinion of course.

Compared to Bigotville, Dundeh is magic. :ph34r:

Mark guidi reckons the year ban from transfers will remove the competition from Scottish football.

Tell that to the diddly teams who, because of rangers cheating were not able to compete for the second champions league spot.

The only reason we have a two horse race is because rangers cheat. What sort of shambles are rangers that they amassed a stupid size of debt through cheating, to be on a par with Celtic.

Loving the rangers fans who want to go to the third as the ban means they can't compete in the spl. Welcome to the fuckin real world!

McClelland and Greig resigned and stated it was because Whyte wasn't giving them information. That was a pretty big public message and a big step for Greig in particular. Bain was one of a number of directors etc who were sacked because they opposed Whyte. Even the SFA panel report acknowledges that Whyte kept things very close to him. The big deal is over the tax bills Whyte didn't pay. If anyone knew Whyte wasn't paying them, who should they have told? The taxman? They obviously knew their bills hadn't been paid....

That is easy. If not sure call your lawyer, and 2 mins later you know what to do and also what NOT to do. What you do not do is have a moan in the corner while doing nothing. Other than continue to take the money of course.

The SFA tribunal have a view on it based on the evidence they collected..

"There was no information about any other steps he took as director when matters were plainly out of the control of the Board and information and accounts werekept secret from the Board. Similarly, Mr John McClelland and Mr John Greig resigned in October because they knew that they were being excluded andmarginalised at the same time as they had great concerns for the governance of Rangers FC and were deeply suspicious of Mr Craig Whyte before and after hisacquisition of the majority shareholding from MIHL. Other than resignation therewas no evidence that either of these directors took any steps with any person orauthority to do anything about what they knew was happening. Criticism might belevelled at these directors and others. Mr Olverman as Financial Controlleroccupied a very senior role within Rangers FC and as a matter of admission he knewof the non payment of taxes and the somewhat strange practices and secrecywhich was the deliberate policy advanced by Mr Craig Whyte. Though it was no part in the matter before us, and did not impact on our decision on the complaintswhich were before us, Mr Ken Olverman was also aware of an apparently unusual transaction involving Ticketus which had a substantial significance in the exercise of any fiduciary duty which he, as a senior officer of the company, owed towards thecompany, rather than owed towards Mr Craig Whyte."

Totally damning of Greig, McClelland and Olverman.

Enough there for the 3 people named to be looked at officially to see if they are fit and proper to be directors of ANY company in the future.

Usually the excuse is ignorance of what was going on. In this case they DID know, but choose to do nothing.

Edited by thelegendthatis

Hello people. Long time visitor, but first time poster on this thread.

Not really got much to add to this thread, I only posted so I could say in the future "see that amazing thread that got turned into a book? Mind, the thread that dispelled every single myth regarding how the rest of Scotland needed the OF to survive? Well I contributed to that thread!!"

So that's me, no more to add than that.....although one final thought is that it slightly disturbs me the amount of Celtic fans on here trying to cosy up to the rest of us. Don't they realise that everyone hates them just as much as their bigot brother OF partners?

Asked what would happen if one, two or three of our recently called up International players got crocked playing for their country and we could not sign anyone because of the embargo, Mr Green and Sandy Jardine expressed their amazement and anger at how the situation may develop. Mr Whyte pointed out to the panel at Hampden ...

Oops.

Hello people. Long time visitor, but first time poster on this thread.

Not really got much to add to this thread, I only posted so I could say in the future "see that amazing thread that got turned into a book? Mind, the thread that dispelled every single myth regarding how the rest of Scotland needed the OF to survive? Well I contributed to that thread!!"

So that's me, no more to add than that.....although one final thought is that it slightly disturbs me the amount of Celtic fans on here trying to cosy up to the rest of us. Don't they realise that everyone hates them just as much as their bigot brother OF partners?

Ah right............now we know which side of the divide you're on.

Am I right in thinking the tv deal means the only live games to be aired from Ibrox and parkhead must be old firm games?

So whilst our nations journalists pour scorn on the diddy's half empty ground. They can never pass judgement on a half empty Ibrox or parkhead. As with the tv deal, that will not happen.

That is easy. If not sure call your lawyer, and 2 mins later you know what to do and also what NOT to do. What you do not do is have a moan in the corner while doing nothing. Other than continue to take the money of course.

The SFA tribunal have a view on it based on the evidence they collected..

"There was no information about any other steps he took as director when matters were plainly out of the control of the Board and information and accounts werekept secret from the Board. Similarly, Mr John McClelland and Mr John Greig resigned in October because they knew that they were being excluded andmarginalised at the same time as they had great concerns for the governance of Rangers FC and were deeply suspicious of Mr Craig Whyte before and after hisacquisition of the majority shareholding from MIHL. Other than resignation therewas no evidence that either of these directors took any steps with any person orauthority to do anything about what they knew was happening. Criticism might belevelled at these directors and others. Mr Olverman as Financial Controlleroccupied a very senior role within Rangers FC and as a matter of admission he knewof the non payment of taxes and the somewhat strange practices and secrecywhich was the deliberate policy advanced by Mr Craig Whyte. Though it was no part in the matter before us, and did not impact on our decision on the complaintswhich were before us, Mr Ken Olverman was also aware of an apparently unusual transaction involving Ticketus which had a substantial significance in the exercise of any fiduciary duty which he, as a senior officer of the company, owed towards thecompany, rather than owed towards Mr Craig Whyte."

Totally damning of Greig, McClelland and Olverman.

Enough there for the 3 people named to be looked at officially to see if they are fit and proper to be directors of ANY company in the future.

Usually the excuse is ignorance of what was going on. In this case they DID know, but choose to do nothing.

At what point did Greig and McClelland go?

Was it whilst Rangers were top of the league?

Googled it. 17th October last year, so likely to be when Rangers were top of the SPL. They made an announcement to the Press Association.

Presumably they shut up and didnt express concerns to any Authorities, because at that point their side was 'winning' and rocking the boat then would have upset 'the bears'