Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Bit on Moonbeams and Mastertron. Below blog by Brogan Rogan Trevino and Hogan:

rangerstaxcase.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/balance-of-probabilities/comment-page-4/#comment-80323

Your link's fucked, here it is:

working link

Pretty unfair when there's no indication that Celtic have been guilty of years of financial irregularity.

No evidence, certainly. However, celtic and rangers have entered into many mutually beneficial arrangements, which have not benefited Scottish Football as a whole. Atlantic League? Growing the "Old Firm Brand"?

When yer stinking mates have gone, you better start realising how the land lies. You can't dominate football if nobody'll play you.

Remember, the Establishment's against you....

Especially when its not that long ago he was done with Scottish football and even Killie :o

Still am, mate, if nobody grows a set and punts the currants. Seems like that MAY be happening now. I'm not Johnston, and he doesn't speak for Killie fans. If those involved in running our game start making the right moves, I'm on board. Not convinced yet. And that oily b*****d Johnston has gone awfy quiet....

Oh shit!! I've just realised if this goes the way it seems like going, we'll get promoted to the First!!

SAVE RANGERS! SAVE RANGERS! RANGERS MUST STAY!! LET'S HAVE A WHIP ROUND FOR RA PEEPIL!!!

Nah, on second thoughts......f**k 'em...

Just listened to Sportsound Podcast. With what has been said if our authorities have any bollocks then they are TRULY F**CKED.

No SPL, no Division 3, just total oblivion should meet this mob, and thats with just 10%, exposed, supposedly.

If the authorities dont banish them forever then UEFA/FIFA will destroy our whole game.

We will come out of this as the most corrupt footballing nation in history.

This whole affiar may need political involvement, perish the thought.:angry:

What did Aberdeen know when Sone Aluko moved to Rangers and got his family to pay the transfer fee? Struck me as funny at the time but makes sense when you see what has happened to other transfer fees from The H**s.

What happened with Aluko wasn't a transfer, as he was no longer under contract. We were due compensation as he was under 24.

The H%ns didn't want/couldn't afford to pay that, so in order for Aluko to be able to sign a deal, he stumped up the cash AFC were due, himself.

Still am, mate, if nobody grows a set and punts the currants. Seems like that MAY be happening now. I'm not Johnston, and he doesn't speak for Killie fans. If those involved in running our game start making the right moves, I'm on board. Not convinced yet. And that oily b*****d Johnston has gone awfy quiet....

lol, he doing what he now wishes he had always done, keeping the head below the parapet and seeing which the wind blows :D

I've just heard what andy goram said..... so can someone enlighten me, what did arsenal do that was similar to rangers ?

I'm racking my brains but i'm stuck on this. :blink:

Arsenal also had an EBT scheme, that came to light a good while back. HMRC smacked them and they agreed to pay back the outstanding tax.

Gorams' right, the Arsenal and Rangers situations are exactly the same, the two clubs have followed the same path with the tax authorities and taken their punishment with good grace, held their hands up, said sorry and paid what they were due. :angel

Imagine 12 office / banker / financially types all work from the same office and one of them, the loudest, flashest, smarmiest, most likely to rub your face in their success, pulls a full blown Nic Leeson.

Makes a total arse-fraggle of his account and then gets caught bang to rights trying to shove the evidence into the shredder.

If by some miracle of good luck and excessive goodwill this knobfumbler is allowed to continue in his post he had better craft the most exquisite, heart-felt apology and then proceed be the most humble, unassuming, pleasure to work with that the world has ever seen.

Makes tea every 15 minutes and allows it to brew properly, in a nice pot that he bought especially just for his treasured co-workers. Goes around fixing that squeaky chair, brings in freshly baked doughnuts every day, and gets on with his work quietly and calmly not drawing any undue attention to himself except to be ultra-ultra helpful as often as is possible.

Anyone seen any evidence of any post-f**k-up contrition round Govan way? Some hint that the club or the fans deserve some sympathy or assistance?

No me neither.

At every turn they demonstrate why any kind of clemency would be not just wasted on them but counter-productive.

f**k off. f**k off you disgusting, vile, spoilt children. And never come back.

Arsenal also had an EBT scheme, that came to light a good while back. HMRC smacked them and they agreed to pay back the outstanding tax.

Gorams' right, the Arsenal and Rangers situations are exactly the same, the two clubs have followed the same path with the tax authorities and taken their punishment with good grace, held their hands up, said sorry and paid what they were due. :angel

:D

Fair enough, i've never seen or heard of the arsenal one though.....must check it out.

Not sure I want to post this (as it supports the idea that the SPL might not decide to act against Ranjurs), but to flesh-out what you said:

Sunday Times

Oct 9, 2005

Arsenal get £11m tax-dodge bill

ARSENAL football club has been hit with a bill of nearly £12m after an investigation into a tax dodge used on payments made to players and agents.

The north London club is set to be the first high-profile victim of a campaign by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) against tax avoidance in the game.

Arsenal set up a series of front companies and offshore trusts to reward its stars and save millions in tax every year. On average, players were left paying about half the 40% tax rate for high earners.

The scheme, revealed in The Sunday Times last year, is now considered illegal by HMRC, which is demanding at least £11m back tax.

Payments of more than £4m to agents have also been ruled not to be an “acceptable business expense”. Arsenal must pay an extra £700,000 Vat on these.

Premiership sources fear that the actions by HMRC — a merger of the former Inland Revenue and Customs — will make it harder to attract top foreign players to Britain when they can still benefit from tax-free payments abroad.

Thierry Henry, Arsenal’s star striker, has disclosed that he will not begin negotiations for a new contract until next summer, prompting fears he will quit England.

Peter Hill-Wood, the Arsenal chairman, said: “The Revenue are crawling all over us. We thought we acted perfectly legally . . . but now maybe the rules have changed. We are not the only people who have been doing this. It’s obviously not helpful [in retaining the services of top foreign players].”

The club’s tax dodge was revealed in documents detailing the divorce case of Ray Parlour, a former Arsenal midfield player, who was forced to disclose his salary details to the courts. It showed he earned a pre-tax package of £1,557,267 for the 2001-2 season on which he paid £350,000 tax, a rate of just 22%.

In its forthcoming annual report, Arsenal will detail the £11m it has put aside to cover the payments. Hill-Wood said he believed HMRC was also investigating individual players. It is not clear if the club may be forced to pay any extra tax they owe to stop an exodus of its stars.

It is understood the tax investigation has been discussed by Premiership clubs, which are considering whether to make formal representations to the Treasury. A spokesman for the league said he was aware the Revenue had been probing Vat relief on agents’ fees and tax savings on players’ wages.

Top Arsenal players usually sign two contracts. The first pays them an annual basic wage mostly taxed at the higher rate of 40% plus National Insurance.

However, they also have a second “shadow” contract for performance-related bonuses that reward success on the field. These can account for up to half the total pay package and are paid via two offshore front companies that accountants say enables foreign players to avoid almost all tax.

As a result, Henry is estimated to have saved almost £70,000 a year, Arsene Wenger, the manager, about £118,000 annually, and Dennis Bergkamp more than £45,000. British-born players were able to cut their tax rate from 40% to 25%.

Aye, both clubs have done this, except for one...

ETA: I know you're taking the piss, but there may be some RM or FF users around who believe that kind of bollocks - you know, irony bypasses, realitiectomies, that sort of thing....

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Been quite a lot of rock songs re the scums situation in the last few pages.

Since its Summer we should chill a bit............................

Hmm hmm hmm, yeah... [3x]

It is you (oh yeah)

It is you, you (oh yeah)

It is you (oh yeah)

Cause a pressure drop, oh pressure

Oh yeah pressure drop a drop on you

I say a pressure drop, oh pressure

Oh yeah pressure drop a drop on you

I say when it drops, oh you gonna feel it

Know that you were doing wrong.

Hmm hmm hmm, yeah... [3x]

I say a pressure drop, oh pressure

Oh yeah, pressure drop a drop on you [2x]

And they wonder why, despite desperate attempts to big up a bunch of EDL muppets acting hard on twitter and a pub dispute between Celtic fans, the Internet is filled with NCFC-Celtic love....

Not with this NCFC fan! The only home game I refuse to take my kids to...Had enough of the trailer trash over many decades at Rugby Park

Not sure I want to post this (as it supports the idea that the SPL might not decide to act against Ranjurs), but to flesh-out what you said:

Sunday Times

Oct 9, 2005

The club’s tax dodge was revealed in documents detailing the divorce case of Ray Parlour, a former Arsenal midfield player, who was forced to disclose his salary details to the courts. It showed he earned a pre-tax package of £1,557,267 for the 2001-2 season on which he paid £350,000 tax, a rate of just 22%.

A huddie like Parlour on 30 grand a week over 10 years ago, fuxsake.