Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aye, and those guys who do that are generally the kind of guys who think they are more important than the club itself, and that they know better than everyone else, and everything should be done to suit them, but obviously that doesn't apply in the case of RFC.....oh, wait......

Spot.On.

Here's a handy cut-out-and-keep guide:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

When looking at that list have a think ... who would like to get one over on Rangers and likely to fully co-operate with any investigations. The obvious ones are non-players, Paul Le Guen and his backroom staff, anyone sacked to make way for a change of management etc. On a playing front you'd think that some of the minor foreigners might play ball, but not too many domestic ones (wee Barry might be too stupid to lie convincingly or not co-operate)... although Steven Thompson should automatically be put in St Mirrens hall of fame if he does help out.

Edited by madball

It could be doable. Lets say a CVA reduced the remaining liability to round £2M, and RFFF committed to pay it in installments over 2 years... that's £19k a week. Could be done. Particularly if they knew that it had to be for Europe etc.

I don't think this can happen. Firstly, the CVA won't be agreed by HMRC -primarily because it is derisory but because they know that a means will be found to pay preferred creditors. Every fool knows Rangers will be slaughtered if they don't pay their football debts.

So that means liquidation and a newco. The oldco will be left with the debt. If HMRC sniff preferential treatment for some, they will oppose the newco settlement for the assets of the oldco and insist on a break up of the component parts.

If there is any attempt to pay oldco debt through newco they will be hammered.

Frankly I can't see HMRC giving an inch here because every action Rangers take - whether before Whyte, during Whyte or after Whyte seems focused on avoiding paying the tax they ought to have paid. I wouldn't have any confidence that this will change in future so they are probably better off closing them down. Maybe then others will think differently.

Interesting to hear Richard Keys and Andy Gray on talksport earlier saying that the only way forward for Rangers is Liquidation :D

Let's be honest those two will be as educated on this subject as much as the rest of the English media, in that sense "not at all".

When looking at that list have a think ... who would like to get one over on Rangers and likely to fully co-operate with any investigations. The obvious ones are non-players, Paul Le Guen and his backroom staff, anyone sacked to make way for a change of management etc. On a playing front you'd think that some of the minor foreigners might play ball, but not too many domestic ones (wee Barry might be too stupid to lie convincingly or not co-operate)... although Steven Thompson should automatically be put in St Mirrens hall of fame if he does help out.

I think they will be wanting this to go away as individually they will be due income tax on the payments received.

I don't think this can happen. Firstly, the CVA won't be agreed by HMRC -primarily because it is derisory but because they know that a means will be found to pay preferred creditors. Every fool knows Rangers will be slaughtered if they don't pay their football debts.

So that means liquidation and a newco. The oldco will be left with the debt. If HMRC sniff preferential treatment for some, they will oppose the newco settlement for the assets of the oldco and insist on a break up of the component parts.

If there is any attempt to pay oldco debt through newco they will be hammered.

Frankly I can't see HMRC giving an inch here because every action Rangers take - whether before Whyte, during Whyte or after Whyte seems focused on avoiding paying the tax they ought to have paid. I wouldn't have any confidence that this will change in future so they are probably better off closing them down. Maybe then others will think differently.

But, from a footballing point of view, it has to be done, paying off the football debts that is - unless they liquidate and the newco applies for SFA/SFL membership anew and starts all over again.

Everything you say, though, is spot on, in my opinion. Its one of the many conundrums in this whole saga - why everyone connected with Rangers seems so bullish about the CVA going through when there are so many reasons for HRMC to block it, not least of which, as you point out, preferential treatment to footballing debts.

Edited by Mr X

I think they will be wanting this to go away as individually they will be due income tax on the payments received.

I was playing devils advocate a wee bit... but HMRC could always approach some of them with a deal involving amnesty from personal liability in return for co-operation overall.

No, as previously stated many times, it was Rangers who were responsible for paying the tax as the players are employees and tax is paid (or not) in a PAYE system which the employer is legally obliged to deduct from wages and pay straight to Hector. It would be interesting to see if Stewart Gilmour has Steven Thompson in his office over the close season for a "wee chat" about integrity.

Edited by Happy Buddie

EGIL FUCKING OSTENSTAD..OVER £300,000...WE DESERVE LIQUIDATION FOR THAT ALONE!!!!!!

I fucking knew i would be better not looking at that list...DAN FUCKING EGGEN...I HAD FORGOTTEN HE 'PLAYED' FOR US AT ALL!!!

EGIL FUCKING OSTENSTAD..OVER £300,000...WE DESERVE LIQUIDATION FOR THAT ALONE!!!!!!

I fucking knew i would be better not looking at that list...DAN FUCKING EGGEN...I HAD FORGOTTEN HE 'PLAYED' FOR US AT ALL!!!

The blinkers are off, acceptance is total, those funny chemicals in the bloodstream are gone and the prodigal son has returned. Kill the Fatted Lamb

At last that numpty seems to have got his head out of the sand (see avatar)

A CONSORTIUM HAD A DREAM. TO START A FOOTBALL TEAM,

THEY HAD NO MONEY, NO KITS NOT EVEN A BALL. (ADD NO GROUND, NO MOSES PARK EITHER)

THEY STILL CARRIED ON, THE NEWCO RANGERS WERE BORN,

AFTER SOD ALL TITLES, WE'RE STILL GOING STRONG. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't the second line be ' They had no money, no kits, not even a consortium'?

The BBC list has Vanoli only scoring once but I can definitely say he scored a second and songs were created in his honour for it.Admittedly the songs were by the Dunfermline fans.