Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Totally pathetic numbers. 17k average for a country of that size with a single league of 18 teams? And remember that basketball and ice-hockey are played indoors.

I don't agree. The numbers are actually very impressive for a newish sport.

The size of the country is irrelevant. There are only 18 teams and the distances between them are huge - you need to look at the local population rather than the national one. Most of the clubs are in cities with a population of between 500,000 and a million, and most of the stadums don't have a capacity much more than 17,000.

Can you imagine the third most popular sport in the UK getting an average 17,000 crowd in Edinburgh or Glasgow, or London or Manchester for that matter? Even our first most popular sport can't average that in Scotland outside the OF!

Come to think about it, what is the third most popular sport in attendance terms? Shinty?

Alasdair Lamont ‏@BBCAlLamont

Asked about the wisdom of discussing buying players in the days leading up to a vote by creditors being offered just a few pence in pound...

...Charles Green offered the following response: "No money required for players. Most r free because of the financial crisis across Europe."

Of course money will need to be found to pay wages. Some of that will come from players leaving.

So most players are free? Why the feck hasn't Danny Lennon put in an offer for Ronaldo and Messi? Disgraceful :angry:

'Soccer' is now the 4th biggest sport in America and growing fast. As i said earlier it has been widely reported in their sport press due to their National Captain being a Rangers player plus their midfield player Mo Edu. I never said it was the headline news but to claim it gets zero coverage is just nonsense.

Looking forward to Guatemala away later in the week. Hopefully a better perfomance than the one against Antigua and Barbuda.

I listen to the ExtraTime Radio podcast, which is effectively the official podcast for MLS and also covers the US national side. Would you like to guess how often the plight of Rangers has been mentioned since I started listening in January/February? Not once - despite the fact they took time out to discuss the implications of Bolton's relegation for guys like Stuart Holden and Tim Ream.

No one cares, which is why Charles Green's 20 backers have mysteriously failed to materialise.

Asked about the wisdom of discussing buying players in the days leading up to a vote by creditors being offered just a few pence in pound...

...Charles Green offered the following response: "No money required for players. Most r free because of the financial crisis across Europe."

Of course money will need to be found to pay wages. Some of that will come from players leaving.

:lol:

We now know who Rangers next signing is going to be

Dunfermline-v-Rangers-Daniel-Cousin-crowd_2716977.jpg

Tell me, what's the 4th biggest sport in Scotland? And how much coverage does it get?

Well obviously football gets the most coverage then take your pick from Snooker,Golf,Rugby,Cricket,Horse Racing,Darts or Bowls which all get a reasonable amount of coverage.

It was great being in the USA for a fortnight. Rangers registers as a big fat ZERO anywhere in their sports coverage, either TV or printed media.

From a big fat zero .....

Of course it didn't get zero coverage. It has of course been mentioned in places... just not in Dallas or Las Vegas over the last 14 days that I noticed.

.....To 'Of course it didn't get zero coverage. :lol:

Didn't think you would fold so easily Poz :P

I don't agree. The numbers are actually very impressive for a newish sport.

The size of the country is irrelevant. There are only 18 teams and the distances between them are huge - you need to look at the local population rather than the national one. Most of the clubs are in cities with a population of between 500,000 and a million, and most of the stadums don't have a capacity much more than 17,000.

Can you imagine the third most popular sport in the UK getting an average 17,000 crowd in Edinburgh or Glasgow, or London or Manchester for that matter? Even our first most popular sport can't average that in Scotland outside the OF!

Come to think about it, what is the third most popular sport in attendance terms? Shinty?

Does anyone really watch shinty except for up finals?

From a big fat zero .....

.....To 'Of course it didn't get zero coverage. :lol:

Didn't think you would fold so easily Poz :P

Keep digging. I said I was in the USA for 14 days and there was ZERO coverage in the sports I saw either on TV or in the media! In Dallas and Las Vegas, it was all about the NBA conference playoffs, Tiger Woods, and the French Open tennis... with the baseball, and women's softball thrown in. I said I found it refreshing and spoke with many folk I met in the hotel bars about the NFL and so on. I said I found it very refreshing to get away from what appears to be the only topic of conversation in my own country since Feb 14!

Clear as day... I am NOT saying there has been zero, zilch, nada, not a single mention anywhere in the entire media output of United States of America since Feb 14.

Incidentally - the most popular sport in Scotland is now Bear Baiting.

No denying that footy is getting very popular at the moment in the US. However press and tv coverage is scandelous with it just falling behind the national tiddlywink league of the US. It may well change over the course of time though.

Why is anybody surprised that Rangers going bust isn't global news, there would be no reporting of an NBA or an NFL team going bust in this country because nobody is even remotely interested, the same goes for rangers outside of scotland.

Edited by blanco

Why is it so important for Rangers fans to think that the whole world knows you are a shower of cheating b*****ds, rather than just people here in Scotland?

The real question should be..Why do certain diddies play down the story as if nobody cares when we have a thread now with more than 2 million views and will probably reach 2,000 pages.

Why are people so set on denying the blatantly obvious. If you want to go back you will find posters in the first few pages shocked this story reached the National news..not just sport section..as far away as Australia. Now they are claiming it is not talked about.