Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

But in this scenario isn't there a high chance SFL clubs... suitably infuriated at such acts of dictatorial abuse... then votes to demote Rangers on the grounds they did Gretna, or alternatively Livingston?

Not without a tsunami of paperwork.

I doubt this is likely anyway. We've already seen the SFA's contingency plan: an SPL2 consisting of Cowdenbeath, Sevco (Scotland) and whichever other seaside / basement league teams have the chairmen with the weakest bladders.

But as noted if the oldco then is liquidated, as will happen, then there is no Rangers.

Ah I see, I thought he was meaning SFA (and SPL?) would approve transfer-of-membership but simaltaneously order a demotion... it makes even less sense if the suggestion is demoting the OldCo.

But in this scenario isn't there a high chance SFL clubs... suitably infuriated at such acts of dictatorial abuse... then votes to demote Rangers on the grounds they did Gretna, or alternatively Livingston?

No, once SFA makes the decision, that's it. They could do it with RFC or with Newco I believe.

Right folks, get your money on a Daily Record exclusive interview on monday about the heroic 'bomber' brown and his plans to save rangers. Was going for lunch today in Glasgow and who should be sitting having a very cosy chat in Cafe Gandolfi? None other than Mr James Traynor and john 'bomber' brown. Typical, while Jim spence is phoning chairman and speaking to fans, Traynor is spoon feeding the latest rangers stooge some cherry cheesecake and the party line.

hope he feckin chokes on that cheesecake fat f**kmad.gif

It appears that the SFA may well attempt to take the decision out of the clubs hands by relegating RFC to the First, while RFC is still technically in existence. Not attention seeking, this ties in with my earlier post.

Lads, calm down.

Even if they somehow try and state that RFC are still in existence they would have to go down to Div 3 and then require the SFL to transfer the membership to the Newco. There is no way they could end up in Div 1 as the precedent has been set with putting Livi into Div 3 for being unable to give 100% assurances that they could fulfil their fixtures. However, if they go down this route then they would have to revoke their membership as they are on the path to liquidation which would make it impossible to fulfil any fixtures in Div 3.

In terms of all the proposals put forward by the desperate dans from the SFA and SPL, what's the problem with implementing all of them but dealing with Rangers under due process? In other words:

• Introduce play-offs
  • open up the pyramid
  • Merge the SPL and SFL into a single body
  • Increase parachute payments
  • Adjust the distribution model
  • Cover SFL1 games as part of the tv contract

In terms of dealing with Rangers why would they not be in the SPL if they were not a new club? No vote would be required if they were a recognised continuation. Instead, they'd carry the £100m+ debt across with them and they would be open to the as yet undetermined penalties for shiting all over Rapid Vienna, Hearts, Chelsea etc.

Rangers' failure to pay their tax and NI has still to be dealt with by the Appeals Tribunal (second only to match fixing remember). The double contracts have still to be dealt with (prima facie evidence of a case to answer). Instead of trying to pull together a dog's breakfast of a fiddle, could the SFA and SPL please make some clear statements on how they are going to deal with the issues facing the current shareholder of the place at the table. Before any share is transferred, these issues should be dealt with and appropriate penalties applied. When a transfer of share is sought, they can take the penalties with them.

If none of the above is going to happen, never mind all this clusterfuck to get them into SFL1 - punt them out altogether. They cannot be deemed fit and proper. In the meantime, no share transfer should take place until the issues which exist from the last 20 years have been addressed. So they should automatically be suspended for a season until that happens. If they'd ponied up the information when they were originally asked for it, it might never have come to this.

I have no idea how anyone can sympathise with Rangers' plight. Every one with any responsibility for running that club properly has abdicated that responsibility - particularly in the last 12 months. f**k them.

<_<

If it's Douglas Alexander the MP,then he's not a St.Mirren fan.

He attends games when he needs votes and generally shows up if anything positive happens around the club. e.g the new ground opening etc.

Always struck me as having blue bigot tendencies. <_<

I knew wee Douglas at school in the 80s (Park Mains, Erskine). Other than the usual Rangers and Celtic supporters there was a fair amount of Morton and St Mirren supporters. (I was the one and only Killie supporter out of about 1,500!) Douglas had absolutely no interest in football at all. Even then, politics was his main focus (wore his CND badge with pride - although he's now totally for Trident....).

I agree with the above - he's chasing votes, simple as that.

BTW, Dougie Vipond was there at the same time. DV - good guy! DA - w**k!

The words on the text said "If the SFA punish them by relegating them 1 division, that's it. There isn't anything to vote on".

Not buying it, because if they wanted to do that, they wouldn't have pissed off every club and fan in the country with that mealy-mouthed document put round midweek. They'd have done the hatchet jog ages ago. Oh and for the benefit of Spiers:

Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco.

I knew wee Douglas at school in the 80s (Park Mains, Erskine). Other than the usual Rangers and Celtic supporters there was a fair amount of Morton and St Mirren supporters. (I was the one and only Killie supporter out of about 1,500!) Douglas had absolutely no interest in football at all. Even then, politics was his main focus (wore his CND badge with pride - although he's now totally for Trident....).

I agree with the above - he's chasing votes, simple as that.

BTW, Dougie Vipond was there at the same time. DV - good guy! DA - w**k!

The Doug Alexander on sport sound today was the chief sports writer Sunday times NOT an MP/MSP/MEP or any other form of politiciancool.gif

It may be technicalities save their sorry hides. SPL still has 12 teams, they technically still exist for a few more weeks. It seems we may have taken our eyes off the ball here. We knew they were all but gone but they are not officially gone and SFA could stiff us all.

Not buying it, because if they wanted to do that, they wouldn't have pissed off every club and fan in the country with that mealy-mouthed document put round midweek. They'd have done the hatchet jog ages ago. Oh and for the benefit of Spiers:

Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco, Sevco.

I think that was a smoke and mirrors job. If they are happy to piss off fans with that hotchpotch, they will have no qualms about really pissing us off. No league wants them but they help generate £60,000 for every SFL club.