Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Every time a politician makes a comment every club has to release a statement? Really?

The green bigots didn't release a statement saying they will vote no to newco because they will vote yes. Simple.

I think because the Plc. thought their share price was going to take a tumble, St Johnstone and co. should have made moves to protect that.

He's in denial about the Plc's view on the matter.

:lol:

First watch I've had too. The baying mob when he says "...he'll be huntit the rest o' his days" and when he went off-topic and into space/time discussion "where do we go fae noo?" are my favourites.

The whole "huntit for the rest of his days by Rangers' fans" bit should be enough for a complaint to the PF. If folks are being jailed for inciting riots via social media then what view must the crown take of a grandstanding simpleton standing in front of a baying crowd basically saying "sell us the club or we'll kick your fucking head in"?

PS - pmsl at the fact the related videos on the right hand of the screen are all OF related, apart from this one...

Edited by Bob Roth

Words fail me...

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23903059/

Apologies if already posted - had a look at a few pages and didn't see is.

There is actually a lot in there which makes sense........if you look at it from the opposite perspective.

Craig Burley column: Sending newco Ranger to Division Three will KILL Scottish game

Jul 1 2012 By Craig Burley

I CAN understand why most chairmen will vote against a Rangers newco in the SPL next season. That doesn’t mean to say I agree with their decision.

It will give the First Division clubs a chance to have the Ibrox club in with them – and they must not turn down that opportunity.

Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Dunfermline have said they do not want Rangers. I find that staggering. What on earth are they thinking about?

Maybe they are looking to the possibility of being promoted at the end of the season

This is an unexpected opportunity and one they should be kicking down doors to have. Think about it.

The First Division clubs will receive extra revenue in a number of ways. Television will buy into the league with Rangers in it. Sponsorship, advertising and corporate sales will go up.

£100K for one season (can't imagine Sevco refusing their 10% of the TV money)and, oh yes, Audi are now looking to give away cars to D1 clubs after taking them away from Ra'Gers. Corporate sales? Aren't they subject to the boycott by the Bears?

Players will get a chance to play four times against Rangers, experiencing the atmosphere of Ibrox. And there are the benefits of that. For example, if a player from Partick Thistle or Cowdenbeath excels against a Lee Wallace or a Lee McCulloch, it will attract publicity and scouts from other clubs.

If the lad can go on to show a level of consistency then he could become a £100,000 player to that club.

Wow! If a club actually manages to beat them in a televised match they may find themselves £1.1m up but with no team to finish the season.

Remember when Falkirk beat Rangers last season in the League Cup. Farid El Alagui scored and was the name on everyone’s lips for a few weeks.

Who?

It’s up to the chairmen to put a detailed business plan to their fans and highlight the positives of having Rangers in that league. But maybe one or two of them don’t have the intelligence to do so.

As soon as one says “no” to Rangers, then they all seem to jump on the bandwagon. Will someone please have the balls to stand up and say “yes”. I’m pretty sure some want to but are fearful of repercussions from their own fans.

They sound like totally reasonable intelligent people to me. Take away the fans and what do they have apart from 3k Sevco fans twice for one season? Sounds like the death of a club to me.

Football fans around the country must be very careful what they wish for because if newco Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray has to take his team into the Third Division, then Scottish football would be as well locking the gates and throwing away the key.

So why have the lower leagues existed for so many years without Ra'Peepul?

Rangers in the bottom tier is the last thing the game in this country needs. Trust me on that one.

"Trust me on that one". Rangers fans have been trusting "Rangers people" for decades and look where it has got them.

At the moment the game in Scotland is an embarrassment because it’s lacking leadership, answers and guidance.

Agreed. This whole argument should have been sorted out weeks ago with Sevco being suspended from all football for a minimum of one year.

But there will be worse to come if the chairman of the SFL clubs vote for the wrong thing in the coming weeks.

Regardless of the vote, Rangers will be nowhere near the team they were last season. They have lost too many of their quality players and will not have the funds to replace them with a similar standard.

So not good enough for the SPL. What is to say, with no money to spend on equivalent replacements, that they would be good enough to avoid relegation to D2, or at best be able to climb back up to the SPL for several years?

I happen to think Steve Davis, Allan McGregor, Steven Naismith and the rest are correct to go. It’s about the coin and the league you are playing in. No amount of badge-kissing will ever win over that.

Steven Whittaker has signed for Norwich and it will be interesting to see how he fares in the Premiership week-in, week-out. Is he a proper full-back who can defend against the best or nothing more than a player with a good engine?

Good luck to him at Carrow Road but I think he might be playing in the Championship with them the season after next.

So he's basically crap. So why were Rangers paying him top bucks?

Kyle Lafferty has signed for FC Sion in Switzerland. That is a good league and there’s every chance he will get found out there as the only thing you are guaranteed from him is inconsistency.

So the Swiss league is much better than the SPL and again he is crap. Why did they pay him so much?

At the end of the day there’s far too much bull**** from players and the muppets must stop believing them.

And from ex-players. They should all have this tattoed onto the back of their hands so they can see it when they sit down in front of their computers to churn out their articles or blogs.

However, there will be a chance for some people to restore my faith in Scottish football and that is to make sure Rangers’ punishment is a sensible one, one that also benefits the long-term well-being of the game.

Nobody will disagree with that.

It must not be about satisfying the wishes of too many fans who are here today and gone tomorrow. Sadly, though, I do think the lunatics have taken over the asylum

And gone tomorrow they will be if the rules are twisted for the benefit of one club. As for lunatics, you should know about that as they have already taken over the media!

1341132257[/url]' post='6390368']

:lol:

Burley. What a shambles of an individual.

Burley you utter fanny

And as for Norwich going down to the Championship you can just do one.mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

(although not sure how I feel about NCFC signing Whittaker...actually yes I am...I have a very bad feeling about this)

Edited by killiecanary

The whole "huntit for the rest of his days by Rangers' fans" bit should be enough for a complaint to the PF. If folks are being jailed for inciting riots via social media then what view must the crown take of a grandstanding simpleton standing in front of a baying crowd basically saying "sell us the club or we'll kick your fucking head in"?

This is classic footage. Read somewhere that this was prompted by Green saying to Brown he'd be better off demolishing Ibrox than selling to him.

Anybody else remember Captain Scarlet? Forget Thunderbirds, this was the best of that puppet bunch. Real adult stuff.

For anyone scratching their heads, there were Captains Scarlet, Black, Blue and Ochre (?). Then Col White and Lt Green. OK, had to look it up to get the detail there.

We are being told again today to be careful what we wish for.

Why ?

I wish both Sevco and Celtic dead.

Celtic are heading for desperate times without their business partners in crime.

Salary levels are gonnae crash as the income deteiorates due to their faithful fans deserting the cause due to the death of the Old Firm bigotfest.

Supporting Celtic will become null and void.

They really need Sevco and will vote yes.

Lawwell is a lying cnut.

If the worst comes to the worst I can see a number of SFL1 players receiving red cards for season ending tackles on Sevco players.

If they are in the 3rd, I'd expect sicknotes on a regular basis - think some plodding defender cares about missing a game and his £10 for the sake of taking out one of their players?

Wherever they end up, they are not going to get it easy.

Bit of a non-tale really, but I now know that the Scottish Ambulance Service were gonna accept the CVA so as to recover anything on the go, didn't even send a representative to the Creditors' Meeting as it was deemed to be wasting staff time/more public funds.

The telling bit of this little tale is that they will not be providing cover in future @ Ibroke UNLESS it is paid-for up-front. Will be told to contract with a private ambulance company otherwise. I wonder how many others this will apply to from Strathclyde's finest right down to the suppliers of Sally's pies

I wonder if the Scottish footballing authorities are aware of such small yet important details when trying to force the fit-up?!

Bear (sic) this small detail in mind if ever thinking of going to see a fitba game at Ibroke in the future. Your added risk.

Thanks for that, made me chuckle.

I would suggest you go and look up "reactionary" in a dictionary.

You come across as a bit of an empty vessel and we all know what they make...................

BTW, don't bother replying to this, you're on 'ignore'.

Thanks.

My ignore too but people keep quoting so there's the guff still on the page! <_<

Craig burley!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A complete fucknugget of the highest order.

I take it that when 'Footballing Oracles' of the reputation and sagacity of a Burley or a Dodds produce a piece for a chipwrapper then it is actually all their own work isn't it ?

I mean, they would never stoop so low as to just put their name to any old piece of ghost-written Goebbelsist propaganda in return for some coin,

would they ?

"There ye go Craigey / Billy, jist you sign your name or put a big cross right there at the bottom.....and leave the rest to us.........and yer envelopes waitin' at reception...."

Would they ? :rolleyes:

If the worst comes to the worst I can see a number of SFL1 players receiving red cards for season ending tackles on Sevco players.

If they are in the 3rd, I'd expect sicknotes on a regular basis - think some plodding defender cares about missing a game and his £10 for the sake of taking out one of their players?

Wherever they end up, they are not going to get it easy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I'm out of greenies. .......and its not even lunchtime.

I take it that when 'Footballing Oracles' of the reputation and sagacity of a Burley or a Dodds produce a piece for a chipwrapper then it is actually all their own work isn't it ?

I mean, they would never stoop so low as to just put their name to any old piece of ghost-written Goebbelsist propaganda in return for some coin,

would they ?

"There ye go Craigey / Billy, jist you sign your name or put a big cross right there at the bottom.....and leave the rest to us.........and yer envelopes waitin' at reception...."

Would they ? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:They might. :lol:

But in fairness to burley, i saw him soccer AM some years ago & he was a complete fucknugget then as well, and listening to him as a co-commentator?..again, fucknugget.......christ i'd rather listen to john motson & mark lawrenson.

We are being told again today to be careful what we wish for.

Why ?

I wish both Sevco and Celtic dead.

Celtic are heading for desperate times without their business partners in crime.

Salary levels are gonnae crash as the income deteiorates due to their faithful fans deserting the cause due to the death of the Old Firm bigotfest.

Supporting Celtic will become null and void.

They really need Sevco and will vote yes.

Lawwell is a lying cnut.

What utter pish.

Salary levels wil drop?

You mean we won't be able to pay utter fannies, like Hooper & Loovens & Wilson & Mulgrew?

I cannot fucking wait.

Btw, i cant remember Peter Lawwell lying to any Cetic fan.

I think one of the most fundamental issues here is that we are all fed up being told what to think by ex OF players in the MSM.

It really does beggar belief that we are being lectured by the football equivalents of those well known private plane flying, multi-home environmentalists Bono and Sting.

We can think for ourselves, thanks.

Stolen from Rangerstaxcase. Don't know if it's been posted or not but thought it was worthy of an airing.

It suggests that the "journalist" who wrote it, really doesn't understand anything about this whole fiasco. (Mind you, it is the Sunday Post)

Ron Scott The Voice of Experience Sunday Post July1 2012

"The way the Scottish football authorities have allowed the Rangers scenario to unravel is nothing short of disgraceful.

The whole sorry episode should have been nipped in the bud.

Instead we're now in the situation where it's not just the survival ofRanges that's at stake, but the Scottish game itself.

As the fans and clubs become hysterical about how the Light Blues should be punished, it's worth remembering the Ibrox club has done nothing unlawful.

Employment Benefit Trusts are legal. That's why HMRC wants to close this particular loophole.

Informed sources suggest, at worst, Rangers will receive fine, and there appears no danger of having to pay back-tax on the system Sir David Murray implemented.

The SFA then decided to impose severe sanctions on Rangers after awakening to the fact that Craig Whyte was not a fit and proper person to own the club.

Yet the independent Ibrox board set up to look into Whyte while he was still negotiating with Murray decided themselves that [he] wasn't fit and proper to own the club.

They told the SFA that at least fifteen months ago,but the powers-that-be decided in their wisdom to take no action at that time.

Now the situation is like a runaway train full of explosives that's about to be derailed and blow up the whole of Scottish football.

Let's face the obvious here. Not even Celtc will be able to sustain their present level for long without Rangers.

So if they end up having to make cuts, how is the rest of Scottish football going to survive?

There are already whispers that other SPL clubs will be forced into administration.

There is even talk of part-time football at the highest level, never mind the First Division.

It's all very well to bleat on about sporting integrity. But why risk the entire future of Scottish football especially when the facts clearly show Rangers have done nothing wrong.

At the end of the day, the main villan of the piece remains Whyte, with Murray a close second.

It's totally wrong to run the risk of losing Rangers altogether and sending down the entire game with them.

It is especially wrong when the facts show there is absolutely no need for the authoeities to treat Rangers the way they appear hell-bent on doing."

(ETA put on the italics to make it clear I'm quoting the article!)

Edited by Ronnie Wutherspoon

I will happily admit I'm a hypocrite. Why are Celtic completely silent over all this? Celtic should have spoken out and condemned Rangers years of cheating and lying. Celtic had the chance to lead every other club to a new era of Scottish Football.

Instead, Celtic have sat and hoped that everyone would vote yes so they could vote no and appease their own supporters while keeping their business partner in the SPL. Now you are fucked and you know it.

Oh, come on. Everyone involved in this mess has sat on their hands until the moment they were forced to take a stance on it. The idea that Celtic's behaviour is especially reprehensible is cracked and mental.

Every club and agency involved has acted in the hope that someone else - the SFA, UEFA, HMRC - would grasp the nettle. Nobody wants to be the one to put the final nail(bomb) in Sevco's coffin. Credit to the clubs who explicitly stated they were voting no, but it's not an act of astonishing bravery if you're forced to speak out by financial circumstances.

All of this is basically bollix - boo hoo hoo, there's a problem in Scottish football and Rangers are dead, so it must be Celtic's fault. Stands to reason, dunnit.