Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

All of this is basically bollix - boo hoo hoo, there's a problem in Scottish football and Rangers are dead, so it must be Celtic's fault. Stands to reason, dunnit.

I'd agree with all of your post apart from this bit. Celtic have an opportunity to be a massive part of the solution. We've heard nothing.

Oh, come on. Everyone involved in this mess has sat on their hands until the moment they were forced to take a stance on it. The idea that Celtic's behaviour is especially reprehensible is cracked and mental.

Every club and agency involved has acted in the hope that someone else - the SFA, UEFA, HMRC - would grasp the nettle. Nobody wants to be the one to put the final nail(bomb) in Sevco's coffin. Credit to the clubs who explicitly stated they were voting no, but it's not an act of astonishing bravery if you're forced to speak out by financial circumstances.

All of this is basically bollix - boo hoo hoo, there's a problem in Scottish football and Rangers are dead, so it must be Celtic's fault. Stands to reason, dunnit.

For the moment the problem is still Rangers. The SFA, the SPL and the media refuse to let the die in dignity.

I don't think we have to look too far for other bigots judging by this ...

Daft post above.

Why do a lot of yir fans support the IRA, who have murdered innocent children ?

Burley, me auld son, not a good idea calling your readers/employers customers muppets.

Mind, Traynor has gotten away with it for decades.

Such is the way of the blinkered, small-minded, ignorant and arrogant self-righteous twats who love the sound of their own voice.

Unfortunately, there's a few on here too.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

What stands to reason is the silence coming from Celtic Park reaffirms the "two cheeks, one arse" saying. Until someone comes out and says they are voting no against Corpse fc then that will always be true

Celtic are Rangers apologists by their silence

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

:barf

Can't remember if it was a 'famous' quote, but somewhere in my mind I dredge up :

''Scotland will never be properly Free until the last minister is strangled with the last ever copy of The Sunday Post''

Is

Does that guy get paid for that Sunday Post article ?

A journalist ?

I'm sure that it's been reported in many places that Rangers were using double-contracts - ach, probably not too important, let's just forget about that shall we !

Sir, you are now a fully paid up member of the Keevins, Traynor and Wee Chico club.

Edited by Wokcomble

The other clubs simply issued a statement in order to appease their baying fans, now honestly why would Celtic feel the need to follow that trend?

Why did the other fans suddenly need to force their clubs into making a statement? (fear perhaps!!)

Celtic's fans do not need their club to make a statement on this issue and have confidence in the management to do the right thing.

Don't be daft.

If the other clubs had not made a statement we'd still be having the Rangers to remain in the SPL argument. The clubs going public 'NO' forced the issue.

Personally I think Celtic are in a no win situation, but they should say something, it's not like they are quiet on anything when it suits them.

What stands to reason is the silence coming from Celtic Park reaffirms the "two cheeks, one arse" saying. Until someone comes out and says they are voting no against Corpse fc then that will always be true

Celtic are Rangers apologists by their silence

Get a grip, son. If you're looking for "Rangers apologists", there are more obvious candidates for that role.

Guest Flash

When Burley says

"However, there will be a chance for some people to restore my faith in Scottish football and that is to make sure Rangers’ punishment is a sensible one, one that also benefits the long-term well-being of the game."

he seems to be missing the fundamental point that their punishment was the death penalty. Any manipulation taking place now is to help a new club, not to punish an old one.

Does anyone know if Henry McLeish is going to be addressing the SFL meeting on Tuesday?

His interview in today's Scotland on Sunday seem to sound like he thinks the compromise needs to go through for the game's broader health, and I remember he did address SPL clubs during all the fraught 10-team SPL discussions (being of course one of his Report recommendations).

Don't be daft.

If the other clubs had not made a statement we'd still be having the Rangers to remain in the SPL argument. The clubs going public 'NO' forced the issue.

Personally I think Celtic are in a no win situation, but they should say something, it's not like they are quiet on anything when it suits them.

Have to agree with that, can you imagine the uproar if Celtic had come out and said "Chuck them out"?

Why Celtic got themselves into this no win situation is another debate, of course.

What solution have they come up with? ... do enlighten us !!

Rangers have died on their own.

Sevco will possibly go the same way.

The SFA and SPL will have to administer the rules accordingly.

What exactly will change by Celtic 'announcing their intention' on which way they are voting?

The clubs have already made it clear (if you trust your chairmen) that it will be a NO vote to any parachute proposals via the SPL and Celtic have no influence on SFL clubs ..

So tell us what part of the solution do we play?

You're not getting this. They are fudging the rules as we speak.