Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You might be better posting in the existing thread.

I have to take issue with the "we have been punished more severely than others" line I keep hearing - it's driving me mental. Let me list all the punishments:

• We've been docked (a meaningless) 10 points - rules that Rangers voted in post Motherwell's administration.
  • We had a couple of fines, unpaid, which are pretty irrelevant as we owe the taxman £140 million.

That's it. Then we went bust and got ourselves liquidated. Everything since -- 3 years out of europe, not having a league to play in -- is because as a newco we don't yet qualify. These aren't punishments.

Almost nobody on this board (that i've seen) thinks the attempt at parachuting Rangers into division one is being done exclusively for the benefit of Rangers. Everybody knows that the SPL's fingerprints are all over it.

And while perhaps you and I want to see Rangers go to division 3 for the right reasons, it's undeniable that many of our fellow "supporters" would love nothing more than for the SPL to crumble around us.

Scotland does indeed need healthy competitive football, but we haven't had it for years. Fighting for proper governance is the only way forward.

Excellent post, deserves a greenie.

larger nations? name any who have played the game for a similar length of time that we are better than? and when was the last time we "outperformed" anybody?

oh and here is a list of countries with populations under 10 million (and some even less than our 5.5 million) who are better than us.

sweden

austria

switzerland

hungary

israel

denmark

norway

bosnia & hertzeovina

rep of ireland

uraguay

slovenia

Well, so few nations have played the game for a similar length of time. In fact only England have - but we are by far better than Ireland or Wales if that's what you mean. And Scotland are above Sweden in the coefficient, even though we just dropped 8 places. We absolutely piss all over them, Bosnia and Slovenia too. And Hungary. And Norway. So why do we consistently perform above far larger nations? Last season we were ahead of giants like Poland too, not to mention the Czech Republic.

Why is Scottish football so good? And the Uruguayan league has never, and will never be, on a par with Scotland. We are a model to other nations really, years of historic and incredible over achievement. For once our current position is actually pretty damn realistic.

If you really have dreamed of winning the league than that is just delusional. St. Mirren will likely never win the league, I honestly don't give a shit.

And unlike many here I won't abandon my team because a decision is made out of their hands. Fans really are utterly ridiculous at times.

See I know what you're saying and it is now a distant dream. But you're allowed to dream, aren't you?

For all Mercer did for Hearts in turning round a football club, I think his attitude that we could only realistically confirm ourselves as the third force actually hampered us in the mid/later 80s. If that's the message from the top, how does that drag you over the line when you have an opportunity? There's only so much realism you can bear?

Dons fans & the Huddleboard sponsoring Raith Rvs players for £200 each next season. Great idea to help those clubs putting integrity first.12:00am - 10 Jul 12

from twiter.

They need the money more...

See I know what you're saying and it is now a distant dream. But you're allowed to dream, aren't you?

For all Mercer did for Hearts in turning round a football club, I think his attitude that we could only realistically confirm ourselves as the third force actually hampered us in the mid/later 80s. If that's the message from the top, how does that drag you over the line when you have an opportunity? There's only so much realism you can bear?

Sure you can dream, you can dream about pumping Kate Upton. But that is a million miles from "I only support St. Mirren because I think they can win the league". Of course I don't think that, I'm not fucking stupid. There is virtually no chance St. Mirren will win the league in my lifetime, and I fully accept that. It makes no difference to whether or not I support them.

I'm frankly astonished any diddy fan only supports their club because they are deluded enough to think they can win the league. Hearts are slightly different cause they have been relatively close but average diddy shite liken St. Johnstone and St. Mirren? Don't fucking kid yourself.

Sure you can dream, you can dream about pumping Kate Upton. But that is a million miles from "I only support St. Mirren because I think they can win the league". Of course I don't think that, I'm not fucking stupid. There is virtually no chance St. Mirren will win the league in my lifetime, and I fully accept that. It makes no difference to whether or not I support them.

I'm frankly astonished any diddy fan only supports their club because they are deluded enough to think they can win the league. Hearts are slightly different cause they have been relatively close but average diddy shite liken St. Johnstone and St. Mirren? Don't fucking kid yourself.

I don't think that's what he was getting at. It's one thing to know in your heart you've got no chance. It's another to have your fucking nose rubbed in it by the authorities? Oh and of course he'll be back....:)

At least your honest enough to admit the chairmen are hypocrites. but "sporting integrity" has bocome a meaningless buzzword for all concerned. people on every side are using it to mask what they really mean.

oh and cheers for the head doctoring, its great to know that you can tell everything about a person from the team they support, i never knew all my years of supporting rangers was because i had a sense of entitlement, must be why i also support that English giant Aston Villa (last trophy about 1994) and the Washington Redskins (surely the worst "old school" team in American football).

i did have high hopes for your post until your rather lazy WATP line, after that i could see the skag taking forever living in Hearts shaddow chip on the shoulder mentality shining through, or was it the sunshine on leith? see labelling someone is awfay easy when you resort to stereotypes...

My judgements were based purely on your post, not lazy stereotypes.

You think people not wanting the incarnation of a cheating club to start from the top are having 'their pound of flesh' and that Rangers have 'been punished enough'. You're telling me you can't smell the reek of entitlement in those words? :lol: It's an attitude I've found to be consistent from a group of supporters who's arguments mostly involve proclaiming that this is 'their league, their country and anyone questioning them is a tarrier or a bitter diddy.

Perhaps your particular arrogance and entitlement is nothing to do with a typical WATP supremacy attitude. The notion that Celtic fans should have no concern with the Great British economy is an ill advised statement is that's the case. I'm not saying all Rangers fans are contemptuous bigots. I'm just saying you seem to be.

The good point you made was about the hypocrites running our game (Hibs' chairman amongst the worst). Make no mistake, they'd have Sevco in the SPL in a flash, with not a single shit given to the notion of sporting integrity. Keep reading these boards if you want to see what us diddies think of them.

Edit: Actually scrap that, I do resort to lazy stereotypes and snap judgements. Not towards Rangers fans, but anyone who supports an EPL and an American football team is a total w**k.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Well, so few nations have played the game for a similar length of time. In fact only England have - but we are by far better than Ireland or Wales if that's what you mean. And Scotland are above Sweden in the coefficient, even though we just dropped 8 places. We absolutely piss all over them, Bosnia and Slovenia too. And Hungary. And Norway. So why do we consistently perform above far larger nations? Last season we were ahead of giants like Poland too, not to mention the Czech Republic.

Why is Scottish football so good? And the Uruguayan league has never, and will never be, on a par with Scotland. We are a model to other nations really, years of historic and incredible over achievement. For once our current position is actually pretty damn realistic.

If you're going to make an argument with this imbecile, don't use the FIFA rankings.

I disagree we're better than Ireland and Wales.

We were just slaughtered by a country that doesn't even like the game ffs.

If you're going to make an argument with this imbecile, don't use the FIFA rankings.

I disagree we're better than Ireland and Wales.

We were just slaughtered by a country that doesn't even like the game ffs.

Pretty sure he was using the UEFA coefficient, not FIFA rankings.

Seeing as we're talking about club football it does make sense to use the main measure of the relative strengths of leagues in Europe.

If you are gonna bring up the national team, then yeah, we are pish.. but how much of that blame goes to the muppet in charge?

Didn't you get the memo. Rangers are deid.

But even the most backwards Sevco fan can see the SPL and SFA are doing their utmost to f**k over every club in the SFL in favour of Zombie Bears.

My goodness! Gazza and Di Stefano (didn't he play for Real Madrid?:D) Rangers new dream team. Seems they're also trying to sign Stanley Matthews and Bobby Moore as they're not asking for signing-on fees and will play for free. And as for getting the Sheik of Araby to bankroll it? :lol::lol::lol:

Is that guy for real? I wouldn't even let him defend me against a parking ticket. Not enough fallen dictators in the world and too much time on his hands!

The OP should submit that first post to The Daily Record. It's written like a Traynor column - ill conceived, full of shite and misses the point more often than it hits. A red top journalist career beckons.

Probably a bit late in the day for this but Murdo Macleod reckons if there is no Rangers next season in the SPL then the league will be boring because we already know who will win it.

He must've been on the moon during the 90's then as Rangers romped to 9 in a row. In thinking about it i reckon in my 25 seasons following football i only failed maybe twice to predict a league winner.

Would he prefer Rangers in the SPL with no sanctions next season and we will give them a pile of cash to compete?

Is any ex old firm pro able to write something that isn't complete nonsense?

Despite long associations with Cellic, he was brought up a bluenose therefore his opinion counts as much as any other sevco apologist.