Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'll have some of that Popcorn you have been enjoying over the last few weeks and sit back and watch the Timplosion :D

But But But But But..what about the Big Tax Caseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......splash as yet another falls from the Erskine Bridge.

Did you really doubt we would survive?

We Are the Establishment club..We Are The People!!!

You are a twat.

Two players on around 20k a week have agreed to 75% cuts. Allied to Wylde and Celik's wages... How much are the administrators fees to offset against these savings?

How far along the road to saving a million a month are they really at? It's almost as if the Naismith and Whittaker news has caused No8 to think they are saved, and everyone else to think the same.

Did I blink and miss the legal wrangles over money in lawyer's accounts disappear, or the HMRC debt? Did I only dream that Whyte was unfit to own a club, and Rangers have brought football into disrepute? Has Dave King went away? Has secure creditor status been cleared up? Have they suddenly been re-admitted to Europe? Has Paul Murray found 100 million down the back of the sofa? Has the investigation into double-contracts ended? Have they paid Dundee United? .... has all this (and more) been sorted because of Naismith and Whittaker!?

Have the other 10 SPL clubs cancelled their meeting for change, after phoning each other and saying 'Forget it lads, two of them are taking a pay cut, the game's a bogey'.

Perspective. I'm keeping mine!

Greenie.

Most rousing speech since Bill Pullman in Independence Day. He made me believe we could beat those aliens, like you make me believe that Rangers will die.

post-36501-0-71431100-1331284887_thumb.j

And theres more...Wonder if this has been factored into their debt

RANGERS have defaulted on the final £150,000 instalment of their transfer fee for Alejandro Bedoya, who joined from Orebro in August.

In doing so the Swedish club have now become the third side that Rangers owe money to; with the Ibrox club now owing £815,000 in unpaid transfer fees.

Rangers paid £400,000 for the United States internationalist in August, but the midfielder has rarely featured. Orebro agreed that Rangers could pay the fee in instalments but would appear to have little hope of receiving their money due to the current maelstrom at Ibrox.

"It is true that there is a last instalment that has not been received from Rangers," said Magnus Skoldmark, Orebro's sporting director. "The deadline passed recently and now we are in contact with the Rangers about this. Right now, there is a lot going on at the club and we will wait until they get back to us.

"The information we have received is that we are a preferred creditor. Everything is up in the air now and there are many different scenarios that could happen, so we will just have to wait."

One solution is Orebro could simply take Bedoya back for free. The midfielder's success in Sweden is what prompted Rangers' interest in the first place and his return would be welcomed. "Alejandro was great with us and we would look at taking him back if that is an option," said Skoldmark.

Rangers have also failed to pay Rapid Vienna their final £425,000 segment of the £4m transfer fee for Nikica Jelavic, while GAIS Gothenburg await £240,000 for the transfer of Mervan Celik, even though he has now left Ibrox. Christer Wallin, the Swedish club's chairman, has threatened to take Rangers to FIFA over the issue.

Celik will be more concerned about his own future, though. Both he and Gregg Wylde have left Rangers by mutual consent but it is understood that neither will be able to sign for a new club unless they are granted special dispensation by FIFA. "This is done on a case-by-case basis so it's hard to put a timeframe on it," said a spokesman.

inShare

Has it been confirmed by the adminstrators the wage cuts will lead to no redundancies?

The BBC 'understands' this to be so, but is it confirmed ???

I don't see how that can be the case. How can a club who need to save one million a month, just to limp through this season, avoid deep, deep cuts? I'm not wanting to see peopie turfed out, but how can they justify keeping the likes of Healy, Lafferty, Alexander...can they justify McCoist, MacDowall, Durrant and Stewart all being retained? No-one has mentioned their non-playing ticket staff, marketing dept, etc.

We feel your pain. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

54 titles and still going strong!!!

I've just worked it out, how could I miss it? The Prozac has just kicked in, 3-4 weeks before it starts to work I believe.

I don't see how that can be the case. How can a club who need to save one million a month, just to limp through this season, avoid deep, deep cuts? I'm not wanting to see peopie turfed out, but how can they justify keeping the likes of Healy, Lafferty, Alexander...can they justify McCoist, MacDowall, Durrant and Stewart all being retained? No-one has mentioned their non-playing ticket staff, marketing dept, etc.

They've made the savings with the wage cuts, which is fine, but it just takes them through to the end of the season and maintains their assets so the club is still an 'attractive' prospect.

But these players won't stick with the wages they are on and I doubt even a new owner would be able to pay them anywhere close to what they were on before, so they'll all be off in the close season.

And that's even if they get a new owner and aren't liquidated.

I've just worked it out, how could I miss it? The Prozac has just kicked in, 3-4 weeks before it starts to work I believe.

TBH i could have done with some over the last few weeks but it looks like stories over our death were grossly exagerrated ;)

I just hope IF any other club gets in this kind of mess..Hearts,Killie,Dunfermline or whoever else i wouldn't act as some on here have acted. In fact there are a couple of Dunfermline supporters that can vouch for that. ;)