Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The SFL just voted a Newco in though. I would still have thought bending a few of their own, SPL, rules was a better option than trusting the diddies to help them out.

After Kenny Cameron's statement earlier, I really don't know what to think at the moment. But one thing I do know is that there are many teams in the SFL that are bigger than us in terms of size, history and fan base. Essentially, with the exception of Hearts, Hibs and perhaps Dundee Utd and Aberdeen, we are all "diddies" regardless of which league we are in. We should stick together now, for good or bad.

Can someone please post what their current squad is like, as of today as well as a likely wage bill they will have, .

Because of the mountain of manure form the SFA, SPL and media it is difficult to say. As far as I can remember, two walked out early doors, about seven never went back. Alistair then announced they had five players.

From last years squad that leaves about 40 odd unaccounted for.

Their wage bill?

If the likes on McCulloch and Alexander are on the same wage as last year, and tax and NI is deducted, then that is more than all their rivals combined.

I've just missed out 30 odd pagess to get to the present so i can post. A big well done to the internet bampots and the Diddy Collective. I'm now going to listen to Sportsound on iplayer. Please don't post anything for the next hour. dry.gif .

BTW I will be at Clyde, Ayr, Raith and Arbroath next season as a mark of solidarity. If you are a fan of one of these and see me there with The Saints' scarf on, don't be shy, say hello.

TTFN

They wont make it out of league cos they wont last the season that's why regan et al have been so desperate.they wont be able to build debt cos noone will give em credit certainly not the tens of millions required just to operate. A tesco couldn't stay open on the income of a corner shop

I'm not so sure. It'll be cat and mouse. Sevco will be looking to get out, that's for sure, but if they let the thing fold again, they leave at a loss. Keep it running at a loss, but just enough to win the 3rd Division (which'll cost hee-haw in terms of their, still large, turnover) and they still have a saleable asset which they can recoup a few millions on.

On the other hand, anyone wanting to buy will know that the longer they wait, the more desperate Green & co. will be to sell and the cheaper it'll get, but on the other hand their upping the chances of the whole thing going tits-up again.

A combination of a fan with deep pockets and league reconstruction could help them immensely, but without these, they'll wind up in admin again or hit the top flight crippled by debt again.

I'm quite uneasy with all this back slapping over us retaining sporting integrity. Rangers have been given preferential treatment because they are Rangers (whatever Rangers actually is these days), where is the sporting integrity in that? If the clubs were looking for true sporting integrity they would have made Rangers apply along with anyone else who wanted to for the soon to be vacant SFL place (just like Airdrie had to, like Gretna would have had to if they had wished, just like every other club would/will have to if they go out of business). Instead they've been voted in without giving anyone else a shot because of the financial benefit of Rangers being there. I have no problems with Rangers being accepted into the 3rd division, but it should have been done the 'proper' way.

I commend the one team who truly did stand for sporting integrity, whoever it was, I'm disappointed in the rest of the clubs though, my own included of course.

Too right. They're going to have cash-flow issue and run at a sizable loss for sure. It's clear from the fact that Green paid nearly 3 million for contracts during the liquidation that the consortium's business plan rested on them being in the SPL. Their whole gamble has been blown out of the water. The liquidation deal also made it clear that the assets are worthless white elephants. Now they're holding a loss-maker which has no chance of providing any return in the foreseeable future. They'll be looking to get out quick before they waste any more money. Either they sell to someone who has patience and money, or they let it fold again to cut their losses and let said people with patience and money pick up the pieces. Such a person will need a few million up front at least and should be prepared to never see it again.

Thing is they struggled to even get a corporate account...they wont be able to run at a loss for any length of time. Hughie and the invisible investors gambled on transfer fees and st sales to provide working capital and also that they could waltz back to spl...and he was massively wrong on all counts...I will be surprised if newco kicks a ball in anger.

Rangers will be in division 3 next year.

The usual media outlets will say nothing is final but they are now

- A member of the SFL

- In the SFL3

What are they going to do resign and give two year notice.

Its over and I hope fans of other clubs will back them by turning up to games/buying a season ticket

or doing whatever they can afford to do.

I have a picture in my head of 41 craggy-faced old farmers, turning away as one and rolling their shirt sleeves back down, muttering "It's done" under their breaths. No pleasure, just a feeling of something that needed to be done, done.

I'm quite uneasy with all this back slapping over us retaining sporting integrity. Rangers have been given preferential treatment because they are Rangers (whatever Rangers actually is these days), where is the sporting integrity in that? If the clubs were looking for true sporting integrity they would have made Rangers apply along with anyone else who wanted to for the soon to be vacant SFL place (just like Airdrie had to, like Gretna would have had to if they had wished, just like every other club would/will have to if they go out of business). Instead they've been voted in without giving anyone else a shot because of the financial benefit of Rangers being there. I have no problems with Rangers being accepted into the 3rd division, but it should have been done the 'proper' way.

I commend the one team who truly did stand for sporting integrity, whoever it was, I'm disappointed in the rest of the clubs though, my own included of course.

Spot on.

Edit= Other than its Sevco not Rangers.

Edited by MattBairn

Because of the mountain of manure form the SFA, SPL and media it is difficult to say. As far as I can remember, two walked out early doors, about seven never went back. Alistair then announced they had five players.

From last years squad that leaves about 40 odd unaccounted for.

Their wage bill?

If the likes on McCulloch and Alexander are on the same wage as last year, and tax and NI is deducted, then that is more than all their rivals combined.

From the Rangers website

http://www.rangers.co.uk/first-team

Goalkeepers

1. Allan Mcgregor

25. Neil Alexander

30. Scott Gallagher

Defenders

4. Kirk Broadfoot

2. Dorin Goian

12. Lee Wallace

18. Carlos Bocanegra

32. Ross Perry

37. Chris Hegarty

Midfielders

6. Lee McCulloch

7. Maurice Edu

14. Steven Naismith

17. Juan Palazon Ortiz

19. Sone Aluko

21. Alejandro Bedoya

26. Jamie Ness

35. Kyle Hutton

40. andrew Mitchell

41. Rhys McCabe

58. Lewis McDonald

Strikers

11. Kyle Lafferty

28. Salim Kerkar

38. Kane Hemmings

You misread my post, GB. Maybe the 5 chose not to allow Sevco to join the SFL.

I'm confused. My understanding is the 1st proposal involved the SFL entry - this was passed 29:1 in favour. The 2nd proposal involved placing them in Div1 or Div3 - this was passed 25:5 in favour of Div 3, with presumeably the 5 voting Div1 as there were only two options tabled(?). Correct me if I'm wrong of course. This is why I'm curious as to which 5 voted for Div1.

Edited by GunnerBairn

Agreed. Especially the distillers edition Pedro Ximinez sherry cask version. Black Stump Shiraz is awesome, though

No matter how much I drink tonight, I can't get rid of the nagging feeling that Sevco might still be re-admitted to the SPL on Monday?

Just keep drinking. That's my plan - McEwans Champion Ale is my weapon of choice. 4 bottles and I'll believe anything is possible - even that McCoist might look good in the third.

1342209638[/url]' post='6427729']

From the Rangers website

http://www.rangers.co.uk/first-team

Goalkeepers

1. Allan Mcgregor

25. Neil Alexander

30. Scott Gallagher

Defenders

4. Kirk Broadfoot

2. Dorin Goian

12. Lee Wallace

18. Carlos Bocanegra

32. Ross Perry

37. Chris Hegarty

Midfielders

6. Lee McCulloch

7. Maurice Edu

14. Steven Naismith

17. Juan Palazon Ortiz

19. Sone Aluko

21. Alejandro Bedoya

26. Jamie Ness

35. Kyle Hutton

40. andrew Mitchell

41. Rhys McCabe

58. Lewis McDonald

Strikers

11. Kyle Lafferty

28. Salim Kerkar

38. Kane Hemmings

Someone needs to tell them they won't need squad numbers in div 3! Another marketing avenue closed laugh.giflaugh.gif

Someone needs to tell them they won't need squad numbers in div 3! Another marketing avenue closed laugh.giflaugh.gif

Oops

RANGERS have today revealed they will retire the number 12 jersey at the end of the season in honour of the fans who have shown their unwavering support since the club went into administration.

:lol: