Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I liked the Daily Record's propaganda report of the Airdrie game. Why did they not publish a team list for who played for Airdrie? Was it because they only put their kids and trainees out?

More than likely,as we had a game with the 1st team at Whitley Bay only a few days earlier,it was well publicised for us,as is the ARR Craib cup tournament at Firhill against an Everton XI this Saturday.The fact we knew nothing of it speaks volumes of it just being some young lads and a few trialists we are looking at.

So the Record can read what they like into it,it was no giant killing of a team 2 divisions above them.Just a kickabout against a team of Airdrie players we probably wont see in a 1st team game anytime soon.

Stripping titles.

I know this has been discussed before but adding my view.

Initially I thought stripping titles from Rangers was enough. I didnt think the titles should then be awarded to the runners up. Being told St Mirren had now won the league cup in 2010 would be completely flat.

However, given the attitude from Rangers fans that they will continue to claim their 'victories', I've now had a change of mind. All cups should be awarded to the runners up as a 3-0 result. The re-written league tables should show Rangers with a 30 points deduction for cheating. Removing their titles isnt enough, they should be seen as having 'lost' them. Show them as losers in every competition they cheated in. Record them as losers in the history books for ever.

This would be far more embarrassing and far more humiliating for them. A far more just punishment.

I'd agree with most of that.

Pretty hollow being 'awarded' a trophy now, but as you say, better it being recorded in the 'cheating' category so it's there for all to see

Teams have been cheated out of european places too, so once all is done and dusted I would hope that the record books are rewritten accordingly

I'd also hope that every other team from now on refuse to acknowledge 'newco' with 'oldco's achievments, and that 'newco' are listed as being a brand new club with no trophies to their name

Edited by Wokcomble

All clubs used to fly the Union Flag at their grounds when playing at Home...Yes even celtic although theirs was well hidden away from the Jungle where they flew the Irish Tri Colour as well as the Basque flag for some reason.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with flying both the Saltire and the Union Flag..as you point out we do have a spare flag pole

Funnily enough I have a vague memory of seeing the Union flag above the jungle in the late 60s.

along with several others, Irish included.

And I can also remember, quite clearly, that the religious/sectarian nonsense was just as prevalent then.

Maybe just more visible now due to internet sites.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but there are apparently reports in Italy suggesting that the Napoli President is looking to buy the newco.

Wonder how the 'Rainjurs Loyul' will take that...

More than likely,as we had a game with the 1st team at Whitley Bay only a few days earlier,it was well publicised for us,as is the ARR Craib cup tournament at Firhill against an Everton XI this Saturday.The fact we knew nothing of it speaks volumes of it just being some young lads and a few trialists we are looking at.

So the Record can read what they like into it,it was no giant killing of a team 2 divisions above them.Just a kickabout against a team of Airdrie players we probably wont see in a 1st team game anytime soon.

It did strike me as odd that I couldn't find even a sentence about the game on the airdrie fc website, yet the DR were reporting on the "game."

I think this thread is running out of juice and I miss the good old days: :(

The shock of the initial administration

The appointment of Haudit & Daudit

Deadlines

More deadlines

Even more deadlines

Wee Willie Bluenose

The Blue Knights

The American guy

The Ing guy

The SFA ban

The SFA Appellate Tribunal

McCoist’s rant

Quantums

The coining of the term ‘Cockwomble’

Charlie Green

The CVA not being approved

Liquidation

Realisation amongst many of what that really meant

TUPE

John ‘Bomber’ Brown

The SPL vote

The SFL vote

And during all of this the diddy fans setting the agenda and having the best understanding of what was happening

I think this thread should stay where it is as there are many twists and turns still to come and they may well have an impact on the whole of Scottish football. But I’m not sure we will see anything like the heady days of the last five months again.

Pie and Bovril – the home of better analysis.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but there are apparently reports in Italy suggesting that the Napoli President is looking to buy the newco.

Wonder how the 'Rainjurs Loyul' will take that...

This Napoli President? -

"My dream is Messi.

He doesn't even have a tattoo. He's a footballing dream, and is very cinematic."

“You journalists are the great peasants of Italian football,” he said. “All you are interested in is money.

“In life, you can’t just talk about finances. Us cinema people are great gentlemen because we don’t care about the contracts given to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie…

“All you are bothered about is how much a player earns and all you do is drive up the costs.”

Yeah he'll fit in perfectly with the Glasgow media. biggrin.gif

I'd also hope that every other team from now on refuse to acknowledge 'newco' with 'oldco's achievments, and that 'newco' are listed as being a brand new club with no trophies to their name

That's pretty much what the horse-trading at the SFA is to determine. OldCo/NewCo will be a 'merely' a corporate rather than 'football' distinction if the SFA membership is transferred. Transferral will mean continuation in the football sense

lone_ranger1.jpg

Loan Ranger-We are surrounded now,they are moving in for the kill.

Tonto-And your point is?

Loan Ranger-My point is,it looks like the end for us dear friend.

Tonto-What do you mean us,paleface.I will be fine,i'm a Spartans fan.

Edited by Forever Diamond

Seems some on Rangers Media Forum have finally snapped.

To be honest, I'm starting to feel that punching some c**t in the mooth, setting some cars oan fire, and bricking the windaes at Hampden isnae really commmitting a crime.

Compared tae the crimes that these c***s are committing against our club.

There's no doubt, if this public kicking we're taking doesn't stop, and stop fuckin quick, there's gonna be more than the social unrest O'Rhegan spoke of.

Sad, but true.

Good little read about the PR disaster that has been Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco 5088 since Valentine's Day this year. Particularly like the analogy of the spoiled child syndrome that is prevalent among the peepell. I've often thought they reminded me of my 9 year old stamping her feet and refusing to clean her room.

http://oldpesky.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/tae-see-oursels-as-others-see-us.html

Ok, I've had a wee look at this Napoli president to buy rangers story.

Nowhere does he actually say anything about buying rangers. What he did say was that he would like to bring back to life a fallen giant, and that he just happens to have an office in London. This however seems to have more to do with trying to compete with a rival president, Pozzo, who owns Udinese and Watford.

2+2=5 again in the media.

Interestingly what is rumoured is that whatever club he takes over, if any, would be handed over to Edy Reja, former Lazio and Napoli coach, to rebuild the club.

So if he is interested in rangers Sevco (my bad) then Sally might as well start clearing his desk.

Edited by PeeTeeJag

Do you think Turnbull Hutton will be on the cover :)

How '*****y' is Mr Hutton? In all seriousness, if there was one person to be on the cover, it would be Craig Whyte. He's the one name that unites what is otherwise, on the internet at least, a horrifically fractured and dysfunctional fanbase