Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Quite right.

But then I would also not want to take that GU nuggets words at face value. Reads as if he is a cross between Bomber and Leggo in terms of sobriety.

Has Bomber dropped out of the picture completely? Any news? I miss him.:( Has he returned that pensioner's money yet or is he on track to raise the money ? :lol:

Did they actually tell you that they had not been appointed as the forthcoming liquidators?

I understood that the prize money was actually withheld because of old Rangers outstandng debts to several Scottish clubs. And that seems to have put the cat among the European pigeons as Rapid want their outstanding Jelavic cash. And there's the creditors pot which seems rather empty. You'd have thought D&P could have got a fair few quid for the players who ended up out of contract. Davis, McGregor, Naismith, and the others could have brought in at least £5m to the pot. I reckon D&P may have some serious questions to answer.

BDO pointed out they had not been appointed as liquidators. They refused to speculate as to why that is the case whilst acknowledging the errant reports suggesting they had been.

They also refused to speculate on dates when they might be appointed or, indeed, if they would be appointed at all.

Therefore, they could not reasonably be expected to answer any questions relating to The Rangers. They referred me to D&P to try and get an answer.

D&P are an absolute disgrace in my opinion.

There's a secondary, wider issue that was highlighted during this farce of farces - the stupidity of football rules impacting on legal processes that should be head and shoulders above all matters football.

When The Rangers entered administration for the sums claimed by HMRC, D&P should have been able to sell players to meet the bills with immediate effect. A fucking transfer window rule excluded that option. Madness.

Having said that, Whyte knew last summer what was coming - so I'm inclined to think he could easily have explained the situation prior to selling off the most valuable players to meet the club commitments. He didn't and, hopefully, the investigations will reveal exactly why.

I'm expecting criminal charges against a number of parties involved.

How are they getting on with that thing with Lord Hodge?

No progress since June that I am aware of. How unusual for D&P to take an age to do anything rolleyes.gif

Lord Hodge said this when ordering them to report on the conflict of interest issues: "I do not want the administration to come to an end without having received that report."

And, yet, on P&B there are any number of fannies claiming the Rangers have been liquidated laugh.gif

Edited by Bendarroch

BDO pointed out they had not been appointed as liquidators. They refused to speculate as to why that is the case whilst acknowledging the errant reports suggesting they had been.

They also refused to speculate on dates when they might be appointed or, indeed, if they would be appointed at all.

Therefore, they could not reasonably be expected to answer any questions relating to The Rangers. They referred me to D&P to try and get an answer.

D&P are an absolute disgrace in my opinion.

There's a secondary, wider issue that was highlighted during this farce of farces - the stupidity of football rules impacting on legal processes that should be head and shoulders above all matters football.

When The Rangers entered administration for the sums claimed by HMRC, D&P should have been able to sell players to meet the bills with immediate effect. A fucking transfer window rule excluded that option. Madness.

Having said that, Whyte knew last summer what was coming - so I'm inclined to think he could easily have explained the situation prior to selling off the most valuable players to meet the club commitments. He didn't and, hopefully, the investigations will reveal exactly why.

I'm expecting criminal charges against a number of parties involved.

Is Lord Hodge holding up the liquidators moving in so no date can be given?

So if "The Rangers" entered administration then what do you call the team playing in the Third Division?

I understood that the prize money was actually withheld because of old Rangers outstandng debts to several Scottish clubs. And that seems to have put the cat among the European pigeons as Rapid want their outstanding Jelavic cash.

I think you are partly correct there. You also have to consider 'cheats are not entitled to receive prizes' of any sort that they have cheated to win. Through not paying their dues last season to the tune of around £21million in PAYE/NI, VAT, various other taxes, transfer fees, other bills including those to a shredder company and the local newsagent and over 300 other creditors, RFC cheated last season. They used the tax money to run the club (including payment of players wages). Neither RFC or Sevco are entitled to receive any prize money.

No progress since June that I am aware of. How unusual for D&P to take an age to do anything rolleyes.gif

Lord Hodge said this when ordering them to report on the conflict of interest issues: "I do not want the administration to come to an end without having received that report."

And, yet, on P&B there are any number of fannies claiming the Rangers have been liquidated laugh.gif

I have also seen a number of fannies claiming that Rangers without a CVA would loss it's history including their Chief Executive.smile.gif

I have also seen a number of fannies claiming that Rangers without a CVA would loss it's history including their Chief Executive.smile.gif

There's a never ending series of gum-bumping fannies happy to spout shite (largely ill-informed) at first sight of a mic.

We might not agree on anything else ever again.

.... and the tax man, how could I forget the tax man - that's money Rangers with-held from every man woman and child in the UK !

But don't forget how much rangers/the rangers/newco/sevco or whatever the fuck they're called bring into the local economy. :lol:

Edited by beermonkey