Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Leggo is sooooo funny.

"One of the many things Walter Smith most assuredly is, is a very good judge of men. He is a shrewd judge of character."

Yeah, coz he was forever telling us how Sir Dave was screwing up the club. dry.gif

"Therefore, if Charles Green can convince Walter Smith his intentions are honourable towards the club Smith grew up supporting, became assistant manager off, before taking over to steer Rangers to nine-in-a-row, returned to for a second time around of three-in-a-row and a European final, then the chief executive will have won over all the doubters."

But would he have managed all that without the dodgy dealings? What about Sally? dry.gif

"Charles Green will have to reveal more to Walter Smith than he has so far been willing to, to others, about the beneficial owners of Rangers. That is the men – or even just man – whose name is protected by Blue Pitch Holdings. Were Smith to be satisfied as to the character and probity of the beneficial owner or owners, I believe he could be tempted to return for a third stint at the club."

I didn't realise that Walter had a degree in business studies or economics??? He hasn't? Really? You sure? But if Green tells Walter his plans and Walter agrees they are the way forward, and tells the fans they can trust Green, then surely Walter MUST have an understanding of the financial side of running a business. What, he just has to get the fans on-side and hope he isn't "duped"? Sounds like a big leap of faith to me. Why just tell Walter who it is? Why not tell everyone? dry.gif

"Green could go even further. For if he manages to convince Walter Smith to return to Ibrox and take his rightful and fully earned place at the Boardroom table, then the time would be ripe to also invite that great Rangers legend, John Greig, to join him there. With Walter Smith and John Greig as directors, the Ibrox board would start to look like a Rangers board of directors again. Rangers would start to look like Rangers again."

Remind me again how things ended the last time with a board that looked like a board of rangers directors? Oh aye, administration. Again going with the "wan o' us" mentality. This is the 21st century, get a grip!!! Even Augusta is letting in women. Oh and don't tell anyone, but I've heard rumours that America has a BLACK president!!! ohmy.gif

Classic American-style politics at play here. Our policies and statements aren't convincing anyone, so we'll bring in actors, sportsmen, actors and actresses that the people like to convince them we are trustworthy.

Remember the Britney Spears interview when she was asked what she thought about the war in Iraq?

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens."

Wonder if she still thinks that?

Will Walter and John Greig nail their colours to Green's mast (ooer missus)? Well they've already been fooled before by people they have "trusted". Even Ally is getting in on the act by saying he trusts Green. But then again Ally did say last year that he was "100% sure" of Whyte's backing.

I think you will find that everybody from OldCo will be keeping their heads down at the moment until the EBTs hit the fan.

Don't know about you, but if I was a SevCo supporter and Walter came out and said that Green was a stand-up guy and should be backed by the fans cash, then gets a seat on the board as Chairman or a director, I would be more than a little suspicious.

As I've said before, maybe this is a rangers thing. I can't for the life of me imagine a dodgy owner buying Partick Thistle, me not trusting them, Chic Charnley or John Lambie to come along and say that these new guys are trustworthy, and me nodding my head in agreement like a Churchill dog, just because two legends of the club say so.

If this does happen and the SevCo fans fall for it, then hell mend them. wacko.gif

Edited by PeeTeeJag

Leggo is sooooo funny.

"One of the many things Walter Smith most assuredly is, is a very good judge of men. He is a shrewd judge of character."

Yeah, coz he was forever telling us how Sir Dave was screwing up the club. dry.gif

"Therefore, if Charles Green can convince Walter Smith his intentions are honourable towards the club Smith grew up supporting, became assistant manager off, before taking over to steer Rangers to nine-in-a-row, returned to for a second time around of three-in-a-row and a European final, then the chief executive will have won over all the doubters."

But would he have managed all that without the dodgy dealings? What about Sally? dry.gif

"Charles Green will have to reveal more to Walter Smith than he has so far been willing to, to others, about the beneficial owners of Rangers. That is the men – or even just man – whose name is protected by Blue Pitch Holdings. Were Smith to be satisfied as to the character and probity of the beneficial owner or owners, I believe he could be tempted to return for a third stint at the club."

I didn't realise that Walter had a degree in business studies or economics??? He hasn't? Really? You sure? But if Green tells Walter his plans and Walter agrees they are the way forward, and tells the fans they can trust Green, then surely Walter MUST have an understanding of the financial side of running a business. What, he just has to get the fans on-side and hope he isn't "duped"? Sounds like a big leap of faith to me. Why just tell Walter who it is? Why not tell everyone? dry.gif

"Green could go even further. For if he manages to convince Walter Smith to return to Ibrox and take his rightful and fully earned place at the Boardroom table, then the time would be ripe to also invite that great Rangers legend, John Greig, to join him there. With Walter Smith and John Greig as directors, the Ibrox board would start to look like a Rangers board of directors again. Rangers would start to look like Rangers again."

Remind me again how things ended the last time with a board that looked like a board of rangers directors? Oh aye, administration. Again going with the "wan o' us" mentality. This is the 21st century, get a grip!!! Even Augusta is letting in women. Oh and don't tell anyone, but I've heard rumours that America has a BLACK president!!! ohmy.gif

Classic American-style politics at play here. Our policies and statements aren't convincing anyone, so we'll bring in actors, sportsmen, actors and actresses that the people like to convince them we are trustworthy.

Remember the Britney Spears interview when she was asked what she thought about the war in Iraq?

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision he makes and should just support that, you know, and be faithful in what happens."

Wonder if she still thinks that?

Will Walter and John Greig nail their colours to Green's mast (ooer missus)? Well they've already been fooled before by people they have "trusted". Even Ally is getting in on the act by saying he trusts Green. But then again Ally did say last year that he was "100% sure" of Whyte's backing.

I think you will find that everybody from OldCo will be keeping their heads down at the moment until the EBTs hit the fan.

Don't know about you, but if I was a SevCo supporter and Walter came out and said that Green was a stand-up guy and should be backed by the fans cash, then gets a seat on the board as Chairman or a director, I would be more than a little suspicious.

As I've said before, maybe this is a rangers thing. I can't for the life of me imagine a dodgy owner buying Partick Thistle, me not trusting them, Chic Charnley or John Lambie to come along and say that these new guys are trustworthy, and me nodding my head in agreement like a Churchill dog, just because two legends of the club say so.

If this does happen and the SevCo fans fall for it, then hell mend them. wacko.gif

So Leggo believes the Cardie has a sage like quality when it comes to business, so he must then have known about the illegality of the EBT as a way of paying the contracts of players ? Whatever happened to the snake oil salesman if they don't buy in to the forth coming share issue then Green and Co won't be able to get their investment back and will then look for other ways of doing so.

They should nickname themselves the Lemmings as they seem all too eager to blindly fall over another cliff face into oblivion.

Leggo is sooooo funny.

"Green could go even further. For if he manages to convince Walter Smith to return to Ibrox and take his rightful and fully earned place at the Boardroom table, then the time would be ripe to also invite that great Rangers legend, John Greig, to join him there."

Ah yes, John Greig as a director.

That'll be the same John Greig who was a director when Rangers debts were spiralling out of control, and the EBT investigation by HMRC was under way.

Good old loony, Leggo. What a tube.

Today's Scotsman has more on Rangers hopes... assuming it's true, of course... to add "4 or 5" more players before the window shuts, mostly foreigners, and retain Bocanegra too.

Why the need for such a deep squad?

Maybe its in the thinking if there was more competition for places for the first 11 then players would need to keep motivated to keep or earn their place. It would not be far of the mark to suspect a worry over players becoming complacent as the season progresses.

Today's Scotsman has more on Rangers hopes... assuming it's true, of course... to add "4 or 5" more players before the window shuts, mostly foreigners, and retain Bocanegra too.

Why the need for such a deep squad?

They are signing foreign players rather than giving Scottish youths a great opportunity to develop their potential while their new club is playing in the lowly fourth tier of Scottish football?! Both the club and its glory hunting fans obviously care more about promotions than they do about Scottish youths! The fans of the new club say that they don't care about the SPL but they are obviously desperate for their new club to play in the SPL or they would be protesting at the fact more Scottish youths are not being given the opportunity to play first team football. The SFL is a great opportunity for that new club to develop and build a first team squad of Scottish players and save money on wages while doing so...with no pressure upon them due to the club having no history!

For clarity my point wasn't really about them "denying Scots talent a chance" or anything, it's that signing foreigners is probably more expensive than signing locals, as you've got to sort them out with a house etc. and quite possibly the wages these guys will be on will be decent too.

They're building an SPL squad in SFL3...

Ally McCoist - Worst long term manager in OldCo history.

Walter Smith - Worst long term manager in Everton history.

John Greig? Interesting quote from wikipedia - "Greig – under intense pressure from the Scottish media, Rangers supporters and the club's directors – resigned in October 1983"

How many league titles did he win in those 5 years? None.

Great player, shit manager.

And for the record Greig only quit the rangers board under Whyte because Whyte wasn't keeping him in the loop. He may have said he thought Whyte was dodgy before CW took over, but he didn't quit the board because he thought he was dodgy. In fact it took him months to figure out that he had no say in the running of the club and only being kept on because of "legend" status.

Even Chic Young has said that "he was the worst media officer for the club, ever."

Rangers Legends? Maybe. Rangers best option for the future? Highly doubtful.

Edited by PeeTeeJag

Newco need to be in the SPL, the running costs alone demand it.

You, I and everyone else who has looked at the monthly and annual running costs for the upkeep of Ibrox and Murray Park know that. It is a shame that so very few of The Sheeple supporters of the new club look into the financial difficulties facing their new club. They will not survive to the end of this season without credit. The new club is already in £6million debt to the Green Consortium. The Green Consortium will have to credit more millions to the new club to supplement the running costs. If the new club ever make it to the top league in Scottish football it will be heavily in debt to the Green Consortium. The Future is Green.

<br />You, I and everyone else who has looked at the monthly and annual running costs for the upkeep of Ibrox and Murray Park know that. It is a shame that so very few of The Sheeple supporters of the new club look into the financial difficulties facing their new club. They will not survive to the end of this season without credit. The new club is already in £6million debt to the Green Consortium. The Green Consortium will have to credit more millions to the new club to supplement the running costs. If the new club ever make it to the top league in Scottish football it will be heavily in debt to the Green Consortium. The Future is Green.<br />

You try too hard. :lol:

Scottish youths such as McKay and MacLeod are getting their chance at Rangers. But, of course, that doesn't mean we can't sign other players too. In the end we'll want to build a squad to win the SPL but we're a long, long way off that. 8)

dry.gif:rolleyes:

You currently have

Alexander, Bocanegra, Broadfoot, Wallace, Goian (away on 1yr loan), Black, McCulloch, Shiels, Kyle, Little

who are all internationals - plus

Cribari, Faure, Sandaza

who are all foreign pros.

Yet you're still looking to sign 4-5 more established players in addition to them and your clutch of U21/U19 internationals and youngsters...?