Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Stuart Gilmour just on Radio Scotland saying Rangers club secretary Gary Withy (SP) has attempted on a couple of occasions recently to buy St Mirren. Stuart Gilmour told him to beat it, credit to him, and suggests it was a really dodgy approach.

Withey, and that is very, very interesting. Just Googled it there and it was on the BBC in the form of this snippet:

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour tells BBC Radio Scotland that he does not want to sell to businessman Ken McGeoch and that he turned down an approach from him in January because it was made through Rangers company secretary Gary Withey.

So it wasn't Withey himself trying to buy, but he was handling the McGeoch approach.

McGeoch, of course, is a St. Mirren director who's long since been after Love Street's keys.

Hmmmmmmm.

Edited by Swampy

Stuart Gilmour just on Radio Scotland saying Rangers club secretary Gary Withy (SP) has attempted on a couple of occasions recently to buy St Mirren. Stuart Gilmour told him to beat it, credit to him, and suggests it was a really dodgy approach.

He said the approach was on behalf of some guy called McGeoch (or something like that) who has been trying to buy St Mirren for a good while.

He said the approach was on behalf of some guy called McGeoch (or something like that) who has been trying to buy St Mirren for a good while.

Yes, and he's actually one of the front-runners to buy. But why is he doing it through Withey? Is it a coincidence (Withey is also a lawyer)?

Yes, and he's actually one of the front-runners to buy. But why is he doing it through Withey? Is it a coincidence (Withey is also a lawyer)?

I have no idea why he's using Withey. I seriously doubt it's some conspiracy by the evil Rangers though. ;)

I have no idea why he's using Withey. I seriously doubt it's some conspiracy by the evil Rangers though. ;)

Maybe. But Gilmour certainly seemed to imply that he had doubts about the nature of the approach. No smoke without fire.

Swampy, if you can find the interview by Chic, it does make interesting listening.

Edited by LovaMan Bairn

Dude, don't spoil it. I'm just getting started with the conspiracy. :D

krissg910, on 17 March 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

how about we invade the pitch and riot, make sure there scum f**k players cant celebrate

And give our club a bad name?

Laugh, I nearly pissed myself? Which sand pit do these rangers fans have their heads buried in????

Maybe. But Gilmour certainly seemed to imply that he had doubts about the nature of the approach. No smoke without fire.

Swampy, if you can find the interview by Chic, it does make interesting listening.

I'll have a look for it later but the thing is that McGeoch is apparently still a favourite to take over:

http://www.stmirren-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/takeover_hopefuls_remain_confident_734840/index.shtml

That's minus Withey, though. McGeoch has declined to use his services further.

Its tremendous that a couple of extreme bigots are trying to turn the screw on Rangers.

They are too stupid to realise the death of Rangers is the eventual death of Celtic.

Their bigotry blinds them.

Keep your stupidity up lads. 8)

Sigh.............................how you ever made it to Captain is a mindfeck.

You are a tedious bigotted ass fiddler.

Edited by wunfellaff

If having zero tolerance of bigots like you makes me a bigot myself then I'm guily as charged.

People like you are a cancer on Scottish society.

:D tedious.day after day after day..............

The sooner you feck off to England for a better dole payment will be a good day for Scottish society.

Do you only get off on (trying to) rip the OF and their fans?

One sad fecker.

All looks like mince to me. I hate Rangers fans, especially the ones who write "blogs" :angry:

When you grow up I do hope ( for the sake of your family if nothing else ) that you will get a life.

Failing that, apply for some psychotherapy...........you seem so pathetic and sad.

:D tedious.day after day after day..............

The sooner you feck off to England for a better dole payment will be a good day for Scottish society.

Do you only get off on (trying to) rip the OF and their fans?

^^^^^

The bigot is pure raging ;)

I pay more in tax than you earn. 8)

One sad fecker.

Yip, you certainly are.

Cancer.

Right so where are we at with this?

Rangers were in administration, then they "technically" weren't and I presume they are either now waiting to go "back" into administration or it's happened in the last couple of days.

Without reading loads of pages on here or following the chain of stories on the BBC, can someone give a quick summary of what the current situation is?