Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If you are posting FTP and such like you deserve to be lifted.

He never said that, here's a link which shows what he said.

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/189800-ex-referee-jeff-winters-home-raided-by-police-over-anti-catholic-blogs/

I don't think that the police should have been involved in this.

I don't think he posted that...TBH i don't read his blog but from what i have seen quoted it all looked as if it was factually correct therefore not something you should be getting lifted for. A poster on here today posted 'Fcuk The Queen'...should they be lifted? I think not!

It is obvious from those highlighted words that you don't think.

Anyone (i don't care who they support) who wants to fcuk the pope or the queen deserves to be lifted and taken to the nearest mental institution. wink.gif And if they are shouting or posting slogans encouraging others to want to do it along with them they should be kept in indefinitely.

Edited by Itwiznaeme

Haven't been down here since it got moved to the third division forum, but i thought i'd come down and say hello.

I see the sevco fans still Don't really get it. Hughie still going on about how it's the same club, our trophies and the rest. A bit like kia-ora or something.....'we've ditched the tartrazine (debt), same great taste!)

I'd compare sevco to the Drifters. They may, incredibly, still make post menopausal women wet their knickers, and go on about number ones & grammys. But there's no original members left. They may sing the same songs (aye, insert obvious joke here) but the history isn't theirs and is not theirs to claim.

At least sevco and the drifters have something in common- seaside venues.

I have seen a screen grab of his blog and this was one of the things he posted. If you go to the football and come out with FTP/FTQ this behaviour will see you lifted I don't have a problem with this or people getting into trouble for posting it on the internet.

I read the link. Distasteful but then again people find some of the Jokes on Mock The Week distasteful. I have heard worse from Frankie Boyle.

I'd say Jeff Winter's a feckin obnoxious, poisonous bigot, but raiding his house for posting a daft bit of sectarianism on his website is slightly harsh I think. Probably needed someone to go round and have a word, but no much more. Do I care though? No, f**k him.

More to the point though, I've just been looking at Annan Athletic's park on google maps there (see? obsessed in't it? no really somebody posted it on faceboak), it's teeny, wtf are they gonnie do if several thousand sevcoites turn up tomorrow?

Guest Kincardine

Who do you think should have gotten involved in it if not the police? wink.gif

From the link that was posted what I read was:

On December 28, the blog entry, posted under the name of Jeff Winter, asked whether "altar boys" would get "abused in celebration" after Celtic won the latest Old Firm game last month.

One of the posts, dated December 30, 2011, described Pope Benedict XVI as "dress wearing, Nazi, kiddy fiddling protector".

Now those comments are crass, humourless and distasteful and I'd never say anything like that.

However, to have the polis turn up at your door and 8 am and seize computers etc for those remarks being posted is seriously worrying.

You asked, "Who do you think should have gotten involved in it if not the police?"

The very simple answer is, "No one."

I'd say Jeff Winter's a feckin obnoxious, poisonous bigot, but raiding his house for posting a daft bit of sectarianism on his website is slightly harsh I think. Probably needed someone to go round and have a word, but no much more. Do I care though? No, f**k him.

More to the point though, I've just been looking at Annan Athletic's park on google maps there (see? obsessed in't it? no really somebody posted it on faceboak), it's teeny, wtf are they gonnie do if several thousand sevcoites turn up tomorrow?

I saw nothing in that which could be classed as sectarian, so wind yer neck in.

Offensive maybe but his comments on the Pope were factual and not sectarian.

From the link that was posted what I read was:

On December 28, the blog entry, posted under the name of Jeff Winter, asked whether "altar boys" would get "abused in celebration" after Celtic won the latest Old Firm game last month.

One of the posts, dated December 30, 2011, described Pope Benedict XVI as "dress wearing, Nazi, kiddy fiddling protector".

Now those comments are crass, humourless and distasteful and I'd never say anything like that.

However, to have the polis turn up at your door and 8 am and seize computers etc for those remarks being posted is seriously worrying.

You asked, "Who do you think should have gotten involved in it if not the police?"

The very simple answer is, "No one."

You know what m8 ... you are right! ... there ya go, bet you didn't expect that. wink.gifsmile.gif So long as it isn't in your face or ears (and only online), why worry about it! Personally i come across stuff like that all the time while surfing blogs, all religions and all clubs get it in the neck on blogs, never would i consider calling the authorities. Nobody forces anyone to read it!

Guest Kincardine

You know what m8 ... you are right! ... there ya go, bet you didn't expect that.

Actually I am not surprised. You're a poster who can take strenuous debate without getting all huffy - even if I almost-always disagree with you.

There is a line between "Ripping the pish" and "Being sectarian" and I'd have said Winter's comments kept, 'just' the right side of the line. Doesn't mean I either like or approve of what he said but the idea of having your house tanned by Strathclyde polis for making those remarks should worry us all.

Why is it that the Sevco fans on here constantly deflect things away from the topic in hand, RFC's decades of cheating & debt dodging, & consistantly drag things into some sort of rant against the other half of the divide?

By Christ, I hope they're deid soon.

Edited by kiddy

Still hurting kiddy?

pleasing :)

Still clinging on to the vain hope that the tribute act are the REAL thing, who are actually still in existance (RFC2012)?

Just remember, that CVA aint been agreed yet, "oldco" haven't been liquidated & those creditors are still chasing their money.

D&P have so far only sold the club on as a going concern as far as I can see. So it looks like the hurting may well still be around the corner for some.

Popcorn at the ready though. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by kiddy

Guest Kincardine

Why is it that the Sevco fans on here constantly deflect things away from the topic in hand, RFC's decades of cheating & debt dodging, & consistantly drag things into some sort of rant against the other half of the divide?

You're reading a different thread to me. I scrolled through the last couple of pages and didn't see anything to resemble a, "rant against the other half of the divide."

Indeed, one of the last posts I made to to agree with a fan of, "The other half of the divide."

Why do you bother to make things up? Maybe you shouldn't post on an empty head.

Actually I am not surprised. You're a poster who can take strenuous debate without getting all huffy - even if I almost-always disagree with you.

There is a line between "Ripping the pish" and "Being sectarian" and I'd have said Winter's comments kept, 'just' the right side of the line. Doesn't mean I either like or approve of what he said but the idea of having your house tanned by Strathclyde polis for making those remarks should worry us all.

I have never actually read his blog. However, the way i see it is, if i visit a blog and feel 'seriously' offended in any way at all by the contents i don't save the blog to my favourites list and i never visit again. Problem solved for me. It 'is' concerning that the police should feel a need to 'raid his home' rather than just have a word in his ear (if the contents of his blog were just 'words' and thought to be 'too foul' for the public eye).

Edited by Itwiznaeme

You're reading a different thread to me. I scrolled through the last couple of pages and didn't see anything to resemble a, "rant against the other half of the divide."

Indeed, one of the last posts I made to to agree with a fan of, "The other half of the divide."

Why do you bother to make things up? Maybe you shouldn't post on an empty head.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^