Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

A question I can't work out the answer to..,

How could there have been such a massive difference in the financial operations of 2 similar football teams, with a similar sized stadium and similar sized crowds? In rangers and Celtic.

It's a question that I keep asking myself, but can't work out.

Celtic nearly went bust too but thanks to Fergus McCann they narrowly avoided the abyss. It was a salutary warning to everyone but some ignored the message.

13 May 2012 11:13:15

Joe Lewis is thought to be involved in the London-based consortium. He has previously invested £40m in Rangers FC. He is currently the 7th richest in Britain, worth about £3.8 billion.

- http://www.rangersru...umours13105. php

If he is worth 3.8 BILLION he could buy the The Rangers outright and not even notice. It would be like you or me buying a cheap phone ffs. What stopped him before?

Celtic nearly went bust too but thanks to Fergus McCann they narrowly avoided the abyss. It was a salutary warning to everyone but some ignored the message.

The irony being that they nearly went bust because Murray was putting pressure on the bank to do so.

Celtic's level of debt at that time was the same as Rangers when Murray bought them, using a loan from the bank.

The irony being that they nearly went bust because Murray was putting pressure on the bank to do so.

Celtic's level of debt at that time was the same as Rangers when Murray bought them, using a loan from the bank.

Hey! Seems like you knew the answer all along, you cheeky rapscallion.:angry:

I take it Alex Thomson is nearing the top of the Rangers "enemies list" these days?

“@WillhelmA: @alextomo That has to be the most cringe worthy nonsense ever written by any diseased mind. The dignified silence silence days are over.”

“@alextomo: @WillhelmA thanks Willy. I hadn't realised dignified silence had ever existed for you.”

“@WillhelmA: @alextomo Not when it comes to vicious liars doing the dirty work of the corrupt and haters. You cheered me up with that blog.”

:lol: lies, corruption?

Oh Rangers fans do make me laugh

Edited by Enrico Annoni

It really is this simple. The club was worth more than £5.5 million he paid for the assets. You lot have been greeting on about how he shafted the creditors buying the assets way below market value. Now the club has been put on an even keel you are greeting because the company assets are being valued in the region of what you believed they were originally worth.

We have 36,000 season ticket holders. We have a share issue that despite the negative media coverage will be a success and bring in 15 million+. Every single thing you lot have predicted has been nonsense. No Rangers..Ibrox Bulldozed...Houses on Murray Park...No players except for Under 17s...If we were to survive then 10000 would be a decent average attendance...etc etc etc :rolleyes:

We all know he is a salesman. We all know his projected figures are pie in the sky. We all know he is in it to make money and will walk away with a hefty amount. He is a businessman and i will not grudge him 1 penny of his couple of million when he walks away.

At the end of the day when we needed somebody to come forward to save us there was not ONE Rangers minded person there...Not One!!! For all his faults Green was the only person with a feasible plan to get us out the mess created by Rangers minded fly by night businessmen whose egos destroyed our club.

Green can have my £500. If it all goes pear shaped then at least i will know I did my best to save the club. I was not found wanting like so many were in our hour of need!!

laugh.gif

Rangers fans accusing Alex Thomson of having a diseased mind :lol:

His blog article sums the situation up nicely. You put yourself in mortal danger by standing up for what's right in this sorry affair. There has been criticism of Regan, Doncaster etc and justifiably so as they have shown pretty poor leadership in all this but if you consider what could happen to them and theirs if they had done what they should've then I think most of the critics are showing more than a bit of hypocrisy.

Scottish Football needs strong leadership and ultimately it has spineless middle managers and Old Firm minded representatives.

In other words a fertile breeding ground for corruption.

....and further joyous reception for a football club trying to out bullshit professional bullshitters.... rolleyes.gif

(source Reuters Financial)

INVESTORS ONSIDE?

Justin Urquhart Stewart, of Seven Investment Management, said that Rangers fans should be wary.

"Investment is not about emotion. Fans should only invest in things where they think there is a sound return, not the emotional love of their club," he said. "They should buy the scarf, drink the beer, but don't buy the shares."

Green admitted that there are no institutional investors on side yet, but that he has several lined up.

Fans, meanwhile, seem to be behind the plan, despite many of them losing their investment in the old club only a few months ago.

"I think the fans will accept this, and that can only be a good thing. Whether they will reach to 20 million (pounds) or not I don't know, but the potential is there," John Macmillan, General Secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association, told Reuters.

Rangers began the season as overwhelming favourites to win promotion but have struggled for consistency away from home, slipping to third in the table.

Speaking at the Leaders in Football business conference in London, Scottish Premier League Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said that other clubs had adjusted quickly to Rangers' absence and that its financial backers had continued to give their support.

"I think people sounding the death knell for Scottish football were acting a bit hastily," he said. "What happened to Rangers is a lesson for all of us."

Speaking at the Leaders in Football business conference in London, Scottish Premier League Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said that other clubs had adjusted quickly to Rangers' absence and that its financial backers had continued to give their support.

"I think people sounding the death knell for Scottish football were acting a bit hastily," he said. "What happened to Rangers is a lesson for all of us."

Complete and utter two-faced cnut. That is all.

post-11339-0-09810100-1350036499_thumb.j

....and further joyous reception for a football club trying to out bullshit professional bullshitters.... rolleyes.gif

(source Reuters Financial)

INVESTORS ONSIDE?

Justin Urquhart Stewart, of Seven Investment Management, said that Rangers fans should be wary.

"Investment is not about emotion. Fans should only invest in things where they think there is a sound return, not the emotional love of their club," he said. "They should buy the scarf, drink the beer, but don't buy the shares."

Green admitted that there are no institutional investors on side yet, but that he has several lined up.

Fans, meanwhile, seem to be behind the plan, despite many of them losing their investment in the old club only a few months ago.

"I think the fans will accept this, and that can only be a good thing. Whether they will reach to 20 million (pounds) or not I don't know, but the potential is there," John Macmillan, General Secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association, told Reuters.

Rangers began the season as overwhelming favourites to win promotion but have struggled for consistency away from home, slipping to third in the table.

Is Justin Urquhart Stewart now on the orcs hate list? dry.gif

From today's Daily Mail. :

We might be in the Scottish third division... but we're aiming for European super league, says Rangers chief

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 08:57, 12 October 2012 | UPDATED: 09:49, 12 October 2012

Rangers chief executive Charles Green insists his fallen Scottish giants will be involved during the inevitable transition to a European super league.

The club have unveiled plans for admission to the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange in the hope of raising up to £20million.

Green anticipates the exploitation of untapped revenue streams such as merchandising will help elevate Rangers back into the Scottish Premier League.

And once there he insists they will be welcomed at the top table of European football, the landscape of which will be radically altered by the demands of top clubs.

'There will be a European league because big teams can't keep subsidising small teams like Southampton for the next 10 years because they will go stale,' he said.

'Arsenal don't want to play Southampton or Swansea, but ask them if they want to play Celtic or Rangers. It's what the fans want to see.

'Fans across the world want to see Manchester United play Barcelona, not just once every few years but every season.

'If there are two divisions of 18 clubs, how could Rangers not be a part of that?

'I'm convinced it will happen because otherwise where will the revenues for the top come from?

'These days Arsenal are struggling to sell out their game against West Ham.

'How can Manchester United's revenues be £320million and Aston Villa, who are completely useless, get £250?

'It all comes from Sky and it's not decided by what a club puts in. What Manchester United put into world football is massive, but what they take out of it is a joke and they won't put up with that for much longer.'

Rangers are hoping to raise £20million through an institutional investor placing and limited public offering.

Green revealed the club will be undertaking an institutional investor roadshow, claiming that to date there has been "strong interest".

The funds will be used to strengthen the squad, improve and develop the club's properties and facilities and provide additional working capital.

Green accepted that football has endured a chequered past concerning flotations on the stock exchange, but is confident Rangers will be a success.

Aye, he's going to compete with clubs with a £250 million a year income, but he's going to struggle to raise £20 million from a share issue? When is this guy going to get real? If I were a The Rangers supporter I would be really pissed off ( among a lot of other things I would be) at being taken for being sooooooo stoopid. :blink: I assume the reporter recorded this for later transcription, as he must have been using all his muscle control to stop pissing himself.