Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sorry, cant agree

I have no issue with supporters of other clubs (not Rangers and Not Celtic) posting here about bigotry, even if it is not connected as long as their posts do not imply that one side is worse than the other. Rangers have a bad history of this, even though it is not connected to this thread

The problem comes when a Celtic fan brings the subject up or agrees with your views, this raises the stakes and prompts the whataboutery, it is simple point scoring by both sides as it is unconnected to the subject matter

These Celtic fans are also rarely reprimanded for it either in fact many of them are given green dots

So it looks like the whataboutery is here to stay ;)

See, I don't imply that one side is worse than the other. Both of them have shamelessly encouraged "traditional" attitudes in order to maintain their customer base.

Where rangers steam ahead on the disdain-o-meter is their handling of their affairs in relation to basically being caught with their hands in the till. When I say "rangers", BTW, I include all those with a connection to the club who believe that their current status is anything other than the result of massive bending of the rules in order to retain a perceived "cash cow" in the Scottish game. That's not about bigotry, that's criminality, pure and simple.

What rangers have done is systematically cheat, and their actions have materially affected not only their fellow clubs in Scotland, but also European opponents. How can you possibly expect anyone to have any sympathy for them, especially with the reaction of "enemies", "bigotry", "drunk or incompetent" appearing with regularity from their representatives.

Oh, and not forgetting "we've been punished enough".

Sorry, cant agree

I have no issue with supporters of other clubs (not Rangers and Not Celtic) posting here about bigotry, even if it is not connected as long as their posts do not imply that one side is worse than the other. Rangers have a bad history of this, even though it is not connected to this thread

The problem comes when a Celtic fan brings the subject up or agrees with your views, this raises the stakes and prompts the whataboutery, it is simple point scoring by both sides as it is unconnected to the subject matter

These Celtic fans are also rarely reprimanded for it either in fact many of them are given green dots

So it looks like the whataboutery is here to stay ;)

^^^^ Obsessed with Celtic. :D

Any chance of bolding that entire staement? Selective quoting again, Bennett. It can lead to misunderstanding, you know.

I quoted your post in full, i left nothing out.

You were brought up to hate others, by your own admission.

Edit for a typo

Edited by bennett

See, I don't imply that one side is worse than the other. Both of them have shamelessly encouraged "traditional" attitudes in order to maintain their customer base.

Where rangers steam ahead on the disdain-o-meter is their handling of their affairs in relation to basically being caught with their hands in the till. When I say "rangers", BTW, I include all those with a connection to the club who believe that their current status is anything other than the result of massive bending of the rules in order to retain a perceived "cash cow" in the Scottish game. That's not about bigotry, that's criminality, pure and simple.

What rangers have done is systematically cheat, and their actions have materially affected not only their fellow clubs in Scotland, but also European opponents. How can you possibly expect anyone to have any sympathy for them, especially with the reaction of "enemies", "bigotry", "drunk or incompetent" appearing with regularity from their representatives.

Oh, and not forgetting "we've been punished enough".

I never realised that Rangers had been found guilty of any form of cheating.

Maybe you could enlighten us.

I never realised that Rangers had been found guilty of any form of cheating.

Maybe you could enlighten us.

They used money they should have paid to the Crown in order to keep the business running. They've freely admitted that - a "Guilty" plea, if you will. That's what killed them. Found guilty? Semantics, maybe, but if they were clean, they'd still exist.

As for the rest, once we've scraped that wee crust off the barrel of shite, we'll await the outcome of oh so many issues that appear to be hanging around ibrox for some reason.

Must be a chonsphirachy......

What will the party line be when they are?

Just out of interest.

You tell me mystic meg?

Lets just say we are found guilty, i'd say there could be two formatts -- deliberately cheating or sheer incompetence/clerical errors. I'd have to wait and see what the ins and out's of the hearing say as there's so many different outcomes.

I've a feeling that the SPL will go for a hefty fine and we'll appeal to the SFA, then go through the courts.

we'll await the outcome of oh so many issues that appear to be hanging around ibrox for some reason.

I'm sure lots of previous naughty behaviour will be outside the view of the blinkers, there's no stomach to look at what was happening too deeply in certain areas imo

You tell me mystic meg?

Lets just say we are found guilty, i'd say there could be two formatts -- deliberately cheating or sheer incompetence/clerical errors. I'd have to wait and see what the ins and out's of the hearing say as there's so many different outcomes.

I've a feeling that the SPL will go for a hefty fine and we'll appeal to the SFA, then go through the courts.

No, I meant what will you and your fellow bears use as a response when they are found

guilty, instead of "they haven't been found guilty yet"

They used money they should have paid to the Crown in order to keep the business running. They've freely admitted that - a "Guilty" plea, if you will. That's what killed them. Found guilty? Semantics, maybe, but if they were clean, they'd still exist.

As for the rest, once we've scraped that wee crust off the barrel of shite, we'll await the outcome of oh so many issues that appear to be hanging around ibrox for some reason.

The whole Whyte things been done to death and is still under a criminal investigation i believe, so lets wait and see what the Police come up with before we bandy words about already being found guilty.

I'm sure lots of previous naughty behaviour will be outside the view of the blinkers, there's no stomach to look at what was happening too deeply in certain areas imo

I see a lot of posters being upset when the Rangers punishment is finally agreed , it will be lenient , of that I'm sure . All the chat of criminal charges etc , it just won't happen #bookmark

So you were brought up to hate others then?

Explains a lot, i was brought up better than that.

Shame this thread has allowed itself to descend into personal taunting and intimation from those we see to be apologists for the Sevco and Rangers hangers on.

The step from such goading to physical assault I suspect is merely a matter of place and opportunity.

With an attitude that makes anyone who dares state an alternative opinion to be seen as the enemy, then their aggression becomes easier to self justify.

"Nobody loves us, we don't care." shows they prefer contempt than the rejection. It is that they find so difficult to handle. A natural consequence of coming from dysfunctional families.

Sad, very sad. sad.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

[/b]

I quoted your post in full, i left nothing out.

You were brought up to hate others, by your own admission.

Edit for a typo

"As I've said before, my upbringing led me to have an anti-rangers stance entrenched before I realised early on that celtic were as bad, leading to equal disdain for both sides. "

And, were I to listen to you and the other Orcs on here, i would be influenced to treat others as inferior. Do read again, Bennett, and pay particular attention to the word "led" and the context it is used in. Perhaps it would have made more sense if I had inserted the word "early" before "upbringing". Let me explain.

Not many of my parents' generation (wwII service age in both cases) were enlightened atheists or agnostics. Fortunately, being born (youngest of five) in the 60's, by the time I hit my teens I was already questioning a lot of stuff about society in general, and my older siblings were further down the "rebellion" path than me. One thing I'll say for my parents, when I asked sensible questions, they would talk about this stuff, and listen as well. I stopped attending mass at the age of 11, with the consent of both my parents. No pressure. Now I've got:

Mother: regular churchgoer.

Two sisters: Both regular churchgoers. One also gay, which I find a bit hypocritical, but there you go. Not by my standards, but by the church's, BTW.

One brother: Non-churchgoer, married to a very devout Italian lady.

Father and One sister RIP.

Still, takes all sorts, eh?

No, I meant what will you and your fellow bears use as a response when they are found

guilty, instead of "they haven't been found guilty yet"

I've already told what i think will happen and thats all i can do. For what it's worth i don;t think we cheated and i have little faith in the SPL's choice of impartial lawyers, so as i said previuosly appeal then go through the courts.

I see a lot of posters being upset when the Rangers punishment is finally agreed , it will be lenient , of that I'm sure . All the chat of criminal charges etc , it just won't happen #bookmark

I'm not sure, what I am sure of is that jiggery pokery of the highest order has been around Rangers for a long time...the people who suffered most were Rangers fans, if what happened to Rangers had happened to Celtic I'd want a light shone in every dark corner until all the basterds were brought to justice for killing my club

Edited by LordHawHaw

I'm not sure, what I am sure of is that jiggery pokery of the highest order has been around Rangers for a long time...the people who suffered most were Rangers fans, if what happened to Rangers had happened to Celtic I'd want a light shined in every dark corner until all the basterds were brought to justice for killing my club

I will honestly be very surprised if there are any criminal charges , but I agree , I would put the c***s against a wall .