Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Rangers fans pissing with joy as their old club wins appeal but side contracts deemed illegal and HMRC wants to appeal and pay back all that £95m in debt to every taxpayer in the UK.

But, but, but - you just posted an article stating they were considering an appeal? They've changed their mind in a matter of minutes and now they deffo want it?

laugh.gif

FFS - a real-time diddy clubber and plastic meltdown on P&B.

Carlsberg don't do thread implosions, but if they did...

laugh.gif

What will happen when the people on the list are questioned about the money, and say "But Rangers telt us we wid never have tae pay that back?"

As i said in a previous post i would imagine that a beneficiary would have taken advice from a financial expert rather than just listen to anyone on the previous board,wouldn't you? The plc have been vindicated on this.

Hang on, so does that mean Rangers are owed money by the players?

Either way, it's a massive victory for "The People" no way you look at it.

I am willing to take my hat off to them in this round. You posters claiming "aye, it's not over", are as bad as the Sevco fans with their heads in the sand earlier.

This case still has twists and turns to come though, but it would appear the bumpiest part of the roller-coaster is over.

Still, I think we can all agree that Charles Green's next statement is going to be comedy gold. I bet he claims even Manchester United wouldn't win a case like that and they must be the biggest sporting company in the world.

I know you're a glass half-full kinda guy, always advising caution. Today's verdict, though, was in a case involving rangers. You know, the club that died. When BDO moved in, that's when that particular bump was over. Had HMRC got a blanket verdict today, it would have meant they could go and try to get money out of an already-empty pot. They at least have the option now of pursuing the beneficiaries of the EBTs for tax owed (is my understanding).

Let's not forget Murray had 6.3 million pounds personally.

As for Sevco/The rangers/ICBINR, nothing has changed. If anything, today's verdict gave a fucking good pointer as to how the FOOTBALLING case over dual contracts should pan out.

Any deduction of points, titles, and other benefits will not, obviously, materially affect the Tribute Act. It'll fucking hurt, though.

One interesting "bump" which won't hit them for a few years yet, mind - Europe. If they want to claim continuity with UEFA, they will be open to claims from any side they eliminated from Europe when players were incorrectly registered. It took Forest 13 years to bring Anderlecht to book, and the case embarrassed the high heid yins in Geneva, so I reckon they'd expedite this one, especially as the evidence-gathering will already have been done for them.

I know you're a glass half-full kinda guy, always advising caution. Today's verdict, though, was in a case involving rangers. You know, the club that died. When BDO moved in, that's when that particular bump was over. Had HMRC got a blanket verdict today, it would have meant they could go and try to get money out of an already-empty pot. They at least have the option now of pursuing the beneficiaries of the EBTs for tax owed (is my understanding).

Let's not forget Murray had 6.3 million pounds personally.

As for Sevco/The rangers/ICBINR, nothing has changed. If anything, today's verdict gave a fucking good pointer as to how the FOOTBALLING case over dual contracts should pan out.

Any deduction of points, titles, and other benefits will not, obviously, materially affect the Tribute Act. It'll fucking hurt, though.

One interesting "bump" which won't hit them for a few years yet, mind - Europe. If they want to claim continuity with UEFA, they will be open to claims from any side they eliminated from Europe when players were incorrectly registered. It took Forest 13 years to bring Anderlecht to book, and the case embarrassed the high heid yins in Geneva, so I reckon they'd expedite this one, especially as the evidence-gathering will already have been done for them.

Mind your £20

Having posted a monumental amount of shite and got so much wrong regarding one tribunal don't you think you should caw canny a wee bit before predicting the outcome of another?

No. He cannot.

Because - as he revealed exclusively on P&B this very day - he's been working with fellow secret agents to ensure the authorities didn't miss any vital information gleaned from, well, P&B's BRALT thread.

His cognitive dissonance has never been more pleasing to witness.

smile.gif

Thinking slightly differently here, Rangers wwere liquidated HMRC got their punishment but not the cash, with this ruling that it was loans can the liquidators now not chase the £55 million in un paid "loans" and still get the revenue its money from the small tax case, in which case they have everything they wanted