Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thinking slightly differently here, Rangers wwere liquidated HMRC got their punishment but not the cash, with this ruling that it was loans can the liquidators now not chase the £55 million in un paid "loans" and still get the revenue its money from the small tax case, in which case they have everything they wanted

more to the point, the old company shareholders, or previous shareholders should now be hounding HMRC considering it was their inclusion of the BTC in the CVA figures that got it rejected in the first place

Not entirely sure.

Club dead, evidence now for the title stripping to commence, an impending mudslinging war/potential legal action from former players now being left to foot the bill.

Cant wait :lol:

But is there evidence for title stripping?

The Tribunal found that the players received loans that were recoverable and, therefore, not subject to tax. Any side letters must, therefore, be connected to the receipt of those loans. As the loans are recoverable they cannot be a payment. So, is the fact that the club agreed to make recoverable loans to players sufficient grounds for title stripping? Furthermore, the fact that the EBTs were legal means that no advantage was gained by Rangers in that any other club could also have used the scheme.

Guest Kincardine

Why are rangers/sevco fans so happy about this ? :o

For this reason.

In the first page of the thread:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/167655-big-rangers-administrationliquidation-thread-all-chat-here/page__view__findpost__p__5966203

For those who don't want to click let me quote:

If Rangers FC are liable for a tax bill in excess of £50M with penalties that could add a further £20M+, shouldn’t they be liable to pay the full amount or suffer the consequences that any other business in similar circumstances would? This is public money after all. I sincerely hope you are not advocating or supporting any arrangement whereby the tax payers of this country are likely to be short-changed due to the financial impropriety of a football club. If you consider Rangers to be a special or exceptional case, I would appreciate an explanation as to why this might be a reasonable position.

He is only one of very many people who e-mailed or wrote to or contacted anyone who wanted to hear regarding The Big Tax case.

The truth as emerged today is that we didn't have a case to answer.

THIS is why

Yes yes, we've done plenty wrong - but we're not the Harold Shipman of Scottish football. Maybe the Johnny Rotten?

more to the point, the old company shareholders, or previous shareholders should now be hounding HMRC considering it was their inclusion of the BTC in the CVA figures that got it rejected in the first place

I would suggest that the creditors should also be hounding HMRC. The refusal of HMRC to accept a CVA will have substantially reduced the amount of money they would get.

Edited by Paquis

For this reason.

In the first page of the thread:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/167655-big-rangers-administrationliquidation-thread-all-chat-here/page__view__findpost__p__5966203

For those who don't want to click let me quote:

If Rangers FC are liable for a tax bill in excess of £50M with penalties that could add a further £20M+, shouldn’t they be liable to pay the full amount or suffer the consequences that any other business in similar circumstances would? This is public money after all. I sincerely hope you are not advocating or supporting any arrangement whereby the tax payers of this country are likely to be short-changed due to the financial impropriety of a football club. If you consider Rangers to be a special or exceptional case, I would appreciate an explanation as to why this might be a reasonable position.

He is only one of very many people who e-mailed or wrote to or contacted anyone who wanted to hear regarding The Big Tax case.

The truth as emerged today is that we didn't have a case to answer.

THIS is why

Yes yes, we've done plenty wrong - but we're not the Harold Shipman of Scottish football. Maybe the Johnny Rotten?

But your club is dead, so i'll ask again, Why are sevco fans so happy about this?.

But is there evidence for title stripping?

The Tribunal found that the players received loans that were recoverable and, therefore, not subject to tax. Any side letters must, therefore, be connected to the receipt of those loans. As the loans are recoverable they cannot be a payment. So, is the fact that the club agreed to make recoverable loans to players sufficient grounds for title stripping? Furthermore, the fact that the EBTs were legal means that no advantage was gained by Rangers in that any other club could also have used the scheme.

Mibbes ayes (for everyone else) mibbes naw (fur ra peepol). ph34r.gif

Guest Kincardine

The loans came from trusts set up off-shore. They are practically untouchable.

3 things to learn from this

1. A side-letter is not a contract

2. Loans do not need to detail how or when they should be repaid

3. The whole of HMRC is incompetent

Im not sure if you've done it but I had a look at the first few pages of the thread. You made the 15th post:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/167655-big-rangers-administrationliquidation-thread-all-chat-here/page__view__findpost__p__5965945

"HMRC will NOT cut a deal with Rangers.. Rangers will pay the full amount or they will be liquidated... "

So you got both right: 1. We were liquidated. 2. HMRC did NOT cut a deal with us.

However, the reason they didn't was simple: We executed a legal scheme.

Guest Kincardine

But your club is dead, so i'll ask again, Why are sevco fans so happy about this?.

Oh I do apologise. I thought I was exchanging views with a sensible person.

I won't make that mistake again.

Let me explain it this way;we are all Rangers fans,the club that was founded in 1872 and is still ongoing as the one club and as such we have just seen our football club vindicated over a very important issue. Whether you or anybody disagrees about that is neither here nor there. Edit too add,your opinion does not matter.

Edited by youngsy