Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If he has indeed raised £20M then no, that promise becomes irrelevant

Green will not underwrite this coming share issue as such, but said: "My personal view is that the figure is low.

"But if we don't raise £20m then I will buy whatever the shortfall is.

from the torygraph article linked to by Dave j.

The chief executive added that, if the forthcoming share issue is not taken up completely, he will buy up the spare stock himself.

Edited by killingfloorman

from the torygraph article linked to by Dave j.

The chief executive added that, if the forthcoming share issue is not taken up completely, he will buy up the spare stock himself.

But - that would take him to over 15% shareholding - did he not say that will never be allowed ??????

Some people on here have hyperactive imaginations, seriously. :lol:

The fans gave 5 million to the IPO and considering the time of year I would say that's outstanding. Mr Green has over 20 million now and I'm sure they'll be some investor waiting to take the remaining 5 million.

Aye, brilliant. That's a whole penny each from the "global rangers family". And I'd be a bit cautious trumpeting 5 million - reports I've seen and heard reckon somewhere between half and three quarters of that. Still, all those "institutions" will take up the slack, which is good news....

For those of us settling down for the protracted asset-stripping and death of rangers' Tribute Act.

Ho Ho Ho!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

How am I "greeting"?

The IPO has been a great success and we've raised more money than any team in Scotland could ever do, we fill our stadium week in week out and are the most loyal fans in the world.

And most of them work nights - or is there another reason for the blu-seat panoramas at midweek matches?

Aye, they're real football fans - rather watch Elgin and the like get pumped by SPL mercenaries than see the same mercenaries shown up by ICT in the biggest match they'll have this year. No change, mind - they could have given a battalion's worth of free tickets out at any European home game for the last three years.

Aye, brilliant. That's a whole penny each from the "global rangers family". And I'd be a bit cautious trumpeting 5 million - reports I've seen and heard reckon somewhere between half and three quarters of that. Still, all those "institutions" will take up the slack, which is good news....

For those of settling down for the protracted asset-stripping and death of rangers' Tribute Act.

Ho Ho Ho!

my cousin was in an institution....

I don't click on Celtic related links, and it's wiki it's been done by a Celtic fan and we know what your lot are like with numbers.

Says the wee laddie pissing his breeks because the "most loyal fans in the world" have stumped up a penny each to buy.... oh aye, shares in the company that owns the company that owns a few bits of property.

Has he said that anywhere?

I suppose that would be one way to judge success or failure, or maybe more accurately the willingness of the fans to walk the walk rather than talk the talk.

The problem with the corporate investors is at some point they will be looking for a return on their money. They won't sanction overspending and the company will be run for profit. How the fans will accept that is up for debate. It will only be good enough if they still (begin to) compete with Celtic.

If they don't there will be prams open and toys everywhere all over Scotland.

Tis true enough and fine balance has to be achieved, Too much going towards the investors to the detriment of the team will see the fans walk. The same fans who are needed if those investors are to make any money, can Green balance it all out?

Why not not just state how much is the bank?

Tedi the bullshit artist strikes again!

Investors who 'pledged', expecting fans to part with enough to cover running costs ... are you seriously imagining they will part with their cash for 'operating expenditure' ...

Or do you think some of these firms will reevaluate their 'pledge'?

Nah, the money's in the bank. Tedi said so. wink.gif

Jesus.

Bennett, you can't even answer that when a couple of you have been talking about it randomly on the past couple of pages.

Sorry but Norman or WKR as you prefer to label him, wedding still rankles with him and i promised that i wouldn't mention again that none of his 'mates' turned up for it.

Tis true enough and fine balance has to be achieved, Too much going towards the investors to the detriment of the team will see the fans walk. The same fans who are needed if those investors are to make any money, can Green balance it all out?

It depends how ruthless the investors want to be. There is more than the success of the football club as an avenue for them to make money. Franchising various functions of the company for one off lump sums for example, the price achievable for the assets etc...