Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The titles have always belonged to the club, despite the club having several owners, there is no such thing as the dead club

If the club is not dead, The Rangers would have started this season with a points deduction ;)

Guest Kincardine

So where does the Protestant religion come from?smile.gif

You're responding to my post where I said:

The Ballistic Missile guy's wee sidekick, Oscar, came out with this piece of breathtaking ignorance:

"All Protestants are from Catholic extraction"

To answer your question: There is no "Protestant religion". The religion is Christianity and Protestantism is one facet of it as are Catholics etc etc.

I took issue with you stating: "All Protestants are from Catholic extraction" for 2 reasons:

1. Some who see themselves as Protestants may well have come from a non-Christian background. I've known a few people like that.

2. Others who see themselves as Protestants may well have come from a Christian background older than Catholicism. For example, I was at college with an Orthodox nun who later married and joined The United Reformed Church.

Ergo, "All Protestants are from Catholic extraction" is simply wrong.

I never said he bought the company, adding some fantasy emotive to your post does not make it any more valid

Ah, you chose to reply to this one and not the 'points deduction' one..........good evasive choice.

Ok. He bought the Club. How can you buy an entity that according to Orclore cannot be liquidated? You can buy a Company..................Or is that clouding things......?

He owns around 8% of the company that owns the club, the titles belong to the club.

His wording was not 100% correct but any attempt yo interpret it differently is just pedantry.

"I bought those titles, they belong to me" I believe he said.

Guest Kincardine

The SPL is a truly hideous organisation which has done everything to reward, protect and advantage Rangers. That you see it as an enemy says so much more about the Rangers outlook, than it does about the horrible SPL, itself.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I actually think, too, we should look back on the SPL and see our joining it as a dark moment for our club. OK it looked good at the time but on reflection it has been nothing other than a divisive busted flush.

I'd go so far as to say that the formation of the SPL and the subsequent gloating over 'lower' clubs is something that we should be apologetic about.

I agree, too, that the SPL's attempt to gerrymander us in to SFL1 was a desperate act of self-interest. One thing that we Bears should be acknowledged for is that we disagreed with that and preferred being accepted in to SFL3, whatever Chucky said at the time.

Still, I think that all Rangers fans now agree that The SPL is, as you said, horrible. Most of us wouldn't have said it a year ago bu please allow us some degree of contrition!

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I actually think, too, we should look back on the SPL and see our joining it as a dark moment for our club. OK it looked good at the time but on reflection it has been nothing other than a divisive busted flush.

I'd go so far as to say that the formation of the SPL and the subsequent gloating over 'lower' clubs is something that we should be apologetic about.

I agree, too, that the SPL's attempt to gerrymander us in to SFL1 was a desperate act of self-interest. One thing that we Bears should be acknowledged for is that we disagreed with that and preferred being accepted in to SFL3, whatever Chucky said at the time.

Still, I think that all Rangers fans now agree that The SPL is, as you said, horrible. Most of us wouldn't have said it a year ago bu please allow us some degree of contrition!

Nice post Kincardine.

Moving away from the tiresome continuation debate which has raged/meandered for the last 3 pages, what do you honestly think would have been an appropriate way for the authorities - SPL/SFA/SFL to have addressed the liquidation of Rangers in the summer?

Fixed

You can buy a company as a going concern, or you can pick up the assets.

A club can cease to exist, example Third Lanark but liquidation of the company does not mean this, example Middlesborough

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, why no points deduction at the start of this season :)

The club needs a license to play, the SPL license is not transferable from 1 company to another.

The SFA membership was transferred, without this then the club would not have been able to play. As per SFA rules new clubs can only be GRANTED new memberships, Rangers were never GRANTED a new membership.

Rangers were issued with an associate SFL membership.

So as Charles Green had bought the titles prior to the licence transfer its the company that owns the titles and they have nothing to do with the new Clubsmile.gif

Edited by Umbungo1874

Guest Kincardine

what do you honestly think would have been an appropriate way for the authorities - SPL/SFA/SFL to have addressed the liquidation of Rangers in the summer?

I think the outcome has, actually, been satisfactory. Rangers being accepted by the SFL in Div 3 is fair and reasonable so I have no issue with that.

The handling of it, though, has been tragic. The SPL - who have no shame - palmed us off to the SFL to deal with and then tried to twist the SFL's arm up their back.

The SFA did f**k all.

The inept SPL then negotiated a deal for our media rights which The SFL should have resisted - and negotiated their own deal with broadcasters. Instead they acted as gentlemen - much of which is to their credit. Indeed, the SFL have come out of this saga with their integrity intact.

That's not really answering your question but is simply a reprise from a Bear's perspective.

What I'd have liked to have seen may use a phrase that many will choke at and will allow some to cast me as an arrogant fuckwit. However, I'm happy to say it: Rangers were too big and too important to Scottish football to fail.

What I'd like to have seen, then, would have been the SFA taking leadership in organising both the SPL and the SFL to accept us back to SFL3 and to accept a common and agreed share of football broadcasting money that is equitably shared across all 4 divisions based on a formula that reflects both attendance and viewing figures.

Thus the same outcome for us but a different divvying of TV revenue and with the SFA actually showing a set of baws.

1356639053[/url]' post='6925066']

You're responding to my post where I said:

The Ballistic Missile guy's wee sidekick, Oscar, came out with this piece of breathtaking ignorance:

"All Protestants are from Catholic extraction"

To answer your question: There is no "Protestant religion". The religion is Christianity and Protestantism is one facet of it as are Catholics etc etc.

I took issue with you stating: "All Protestants are from Catholic extraction" for 2 reasons:

1. Some who see themselves as Protestants may well have come from a non-Christian background. I've known a few people like that.

2. Others who see themselves as Protestants may well have come from a Christian background older than Catholicism. For example, I was at college with an Orthodox nun who later married and joined The United Reformed Church.

Ergo, "All Protestants are from Catholic extraction" is simply wrong.

regardless of where you came from if you are a protestant ,by definition you are from catholic extraction, the protestant versions of christianity is an extraction of catholisismsmile.gif

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo

New clubs must be GRANTED SFA membership, this did not happen to Rangers, the membership was as you know TRANSFERRED

Why were Rangers not GRANTED an SFA membership?

:)

In order to 'grant' a membership in this situation, there must be a vacancy :)....... there wasn't as the dead club held it. Hence it had to be transferred ....................... sooooooooooooo why no points deduction old deflecto Tedster ?