Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Derry City was liquidated, came back as a new club. Not elegible to play in Europe

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17116759

Same as Rangers

Watch it Enrico, Chris thinks your avatar is what you look like..............................

Round 2 has to be played before Round 3, therefore the rules for Round 2 would of course come into play before those for Round 3, to suggest anything else would be stupidity.

You dont have to concede the argument, but try putting some logic behind the chain of events you are suggesting.

The rules for Round 2 clearly states that all clubs currently playing in SFL3 must be in the draw for round 2.

So Rangers had to play in round 2.

They won that match which automatically put them in the draw for round 3.

They had no choice but to play the round 3 match.

There simply was no other course for this to take.

I'm not arguing about what happened or suggesting any chain of events.

I'm merely showing that something other than than stipulated in the SFA's rules, happened.

I'm leaving it now.

no transfer of SPL membership between companies meant 3rd division

Transfer of membership (old) meant same club, new clubs can only be GRANTED membership

And prior to the Rangers situation there was no provision for any club (old or new) to be given a temporary membership. It didn't exist.

SFA's rules prove nothing.

Those are the rules, if you cannot accept the rules then there is no point in debating

I only repeat it as you use the SFA's rules as confirmation of the same club scenario.

We've shown that the SFA are willing to break their rules to suit and invent new ones - in scenarios which it has suited Rangers to accept and others which didn't suit.

You keep repeating that particular one as if the SFA can't break their rules and so it proves your point.

Well they can and they have.

Transfer of membership (old) meant same club, new clubs can only be GRANTED membership

The same club would have been demoted.......... a new club would be elected...... what happened?

Those are the rules, if you cannot accept the rules then there is no point in debating

The rules also say one contract :lol:, bhoy this will be fun with the sevconians................

Neither

Memerships belongs to companies.

So the company (that sold the history acc to Green) sold itself to Green, and , eh, lost me here................Cpt was right. name 1 member of your club :)

Will you accept the verdict and punishments (if any) of the tribunal and appeal body?

Will you? Genny is running out Tedi...........hurry up, I ain't goin out in this to fill it :P

You have shown nothing of the kind.

They introduced (not broke) a rule in the name of common sense.

They did not need to introduce any rule when it transferred Rangers membership, the rule was already in existence, it was not introduced or broken to suit Rangers.

Not once have I said that they broke or introduced that rule. It's never been the point.

It's been illustrated how the SFA have (had to?) break their own rules today. You have a get out for that though.

I don't expect you to admit to anything Tedi, you never do. Your stubbornness is almost admirable.

It doesn't matter if the rule the SFA invented a rule through "common sense", that's not the point (and others might say that that is only your subjective reasoning for it in any case). My aim has always been to show that that which is written in black and white has not always been the case, therefore they can't be taken as ultimate truths.

This is simply untrue

1 rule was temporarily introduced, the other superseded by an earlier rule

Which meant that the original rule did not happen, presumably as when the rules were drawn up, the case in hand had not been considered.

Is "superseded" your word for it, or do the SFA use it?

Derry City was liquidated, came back as a new club. Not elegible to play in Europe, despite playing in the same stadium, with the same fans and having the same strips

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17116759

Same as Rangers

Sorry to pish on your bonfire,Enrico. Go on to the UEFA website and you'll see that Derry City have their history credited to the club from 1928. Guess what Enrico,same as Rangers.

Edited by youngsy

I see a lot of reference to the fact that it is the company who owns the SFA membership. Can anyone furnish me with a link to something from the SFA which confirms this. Indeed, do the SFA make the distinction between the "club" and "company"?

I don't think it is the case, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Transfer of (old) meant same club, new clubs can only be GRANTED membership

The transfer of membership (the SFA licence) came after the titles was sold off to Sevco in an act that even David Murray and Craig Whyte (God Love them) had not even considered when selling off the rest of the family silver. That means that a shell of a club with no history or titles was transfered with the membershipsmile.gif

SFAThis is confirmed (as you all know) by the SFA statement released on 27/07/12

-"We are pleased to confirm that agreement has been reached on all outstanding points relating to the TRANSFER of Scottish FA membership between Rangers F.C (in administration),and Sevco Scotland Ltd,who will be the new owners of The Rangers Football Club

note how Sevco are referred to the new owners of the FOOTBALL CLUB

Lord Glennie

-"This is a petition for judicial review by The Rangers Football club plc, a company presently in administration, That COMPANY presently OPERATES Rangers Football CLUB (to whom i shall refer to as "rangers"). Rangers ARE members of the Scottish Football Association ("the SFA")

Where does it say that SFA memberships are held by companies and not clubs? Just simply that question please.

This is something you've stated. (That it is companies that hold the membership, not the clubs).

Anyway surely the last paragraph states that "Rangers" (the football club), are the members of the SFA (hold membership).

Edited by Shades75

As I said earlier

Logic would dictate that both rules could not be followed and that the 1st rule would take precedence, to suggest anything else would be simply daft, getting into the realms of playing round 2, bye in round 3 which would undoubtedly break a fundamental of all teams who win round 2 should be entered into round 3 :blink: I cant actually believe we are having this conversation even writing such things is simply idiotic.

Missing the point again.