Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Stiched up by who?

Not the SPL, Not the SFA

The commision was about as independant as you can get.

They were given the evidence by lets face it lawyers who were pretty hostile toward Rangers, they had the rule books, this was supposed to be a prima facie case.

The problem was HMRC they lost, this case was fecked when that happened, this had nothing to do with the footballing authorities.

The SPL wanted rangers/sevco straight back in and they'd do anything to get that.

The SFA are a joke, and they'd do anything to carry on with their "old firm flagship" fixture

The commision ?... was a "kangaroo court who's guilty verdict was already decided" last week by sevconians. make your mind up.

It's been a stitch up and we all know it.

The SPL wanted rangers/sevco straight back in and they'd do anything to get that.

The SFA are a joke, and they'd do anything to carry on with their "old firm flagship" fixture

The commision ?... was a "kangaroo court who's guilty verdict was already decided" last week by sevconians. make your mind up.

It's been a stitch up and we all know it.

The SPL and SFA wanted us to give up titles and trophies, we told them to ram it.

The SPL/SFA wanted us to give up the right of appeal, we told them to do one.

The commision never had much choice, knowing that we'd take them to court if they tried to bend the rules.

LOving your pain :)

Because they did not disclose the paperwork for some perfectly legal payments, an admin error, one that did not give them an advantage on the field of play.

Have you read the report? If it was an admin error, why did they try and hide it from the SPL/SFA & HMRC?

I know....but Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage

and yet, guilty.

Oh for a laugh, i'll post this again for you. just a little reminder of how your club died a slow painful embarrassing death cheating the creditors and taxpayers out of money

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/rangers-administration-full-list-of-creditors-1-2325870

and before you say it was the "company" not the club, just remember the "company" ran up these debts on behalf of the club, the same as the "company" won the trophies for the club

well, back to square one it is.

we've suspected for years that scottish football was rigged in favor of 2 clubs, now it's been confirmed.

Thanks to rangers for forcing this confirmation.

No more pennies from my pocket will ever be spent on scottish football again.

And before anyone starts, it's not sour grapes, it's common sense not to spend money on rigged competition.

Don't let the door skelp yer arse on the way out.

Morton fucked - crowds down to 1039 a week. That's armageddon right there.

I have no idea, as I said I stopped reading at this point "Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage "

These people would disagree with you, and we've all seen the evidence LMS was basing his judgements off of. First of all why would Rangers want to keep EBTs secret? Maybe they knew at best it was barely legal and quite possibly illegal. Secondly if you have £20m of declared payments and £5m in side contracts. That means instead of players take home pay collectively being £12.5m if the £25m is declared. You now have a situation where you can take home £15m. Thats giving a team like yours a 17% advantage. That can be used to bring in 4-5 players so you can rest players and be able to replace them when your first team picks start to get injures and suspensions towards the end of the season. Infact, why not use that to bring 1-2 big name players who otherwise would not have sighed for you.

Edited by Fotbawmad

and yet Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage :)

Do you want me to admit (again) that I am embarrassed the club I support got into financial difficulty and could not pay those creditors?

Ok I admit it (again)

How many more hail marys?

I haven't mentioned any "competitive advantage" no idea why you keep mentioning it

1690 ;)

These people would disagree with you, and we've all seen the evidence LMS was basing his judgements off of. First of all why would Rangers want to keep EBTs secret? Maybe they knew at best it was barely legal and quite possibly illegal. Secondly if you have £20m of declared payments and £5m in side contracts. That means instead of players take home pay collectively being £12.5m if the £25m is declared. You now have a situation where you can take home £15m. Thats giving a team like yours a 17% advantage. That can be used to bring in 4-5 players so you can rest players and be able to replace them when your first team picks start to get injures and suspensions towards the end of the season. Infact, why not use that to bring 1-2 big name players who otherwise would not have sighed for you.

The EBTs weren't secret. They were disclosed in the company's published annual accounts. Those accounts were submitted to both football and tax authorities.

How am I being arrogant, its a fact.

In general though, why do the fans keep having to try and convince everyone how big they are and crow about it?

I have spoken to many a Man U, Liverpool fan etc and have never experienced them feel the need to try and justify the size of their clubs. They know where they stand in the game and are happy with it. They would happily chat away about football in general but obvioulsy arent too clued up on Scottish football as, despite what the media up here would have you believe, they dont generally pay much attention to it.

This is in my experience of course.

The EBTs weren't secret. They were disclosed in the company's published annual accounts. Those accounts were submitted to both football and tax authorities.

The directors tried to hide it, I'll ask you also. have you read the verdict?