Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So what happens when HMRC win an appeal? This will decision start to look even more illogical than it already is. My only conclusion is LNS doesn't understand how football works. The reason these EBTs were not declared was because Moonbeams knew at best it was agressive tax avoidance, and quite possibly tax evasion. When you add up the number of years the EBTs start to total £50m (not to mention how much he, the directors and non-playing staff were getting). So we can deduce that a £25m unfair sporting advantage was gained via this method. Meaning that on average he's getting 20-30% extra juice. That can buy more players to help with squad rotation, or bring in a couple of big name players Minty would have otherwise have been unable to afford. With the amount of narrowly won titles in the middle of the last decade there is no doubt these players made the difference not just in winning leagues and cups, but doing better less badly in Europe.

why would you write an explanation of a document you clearly don't understand?

re-read the part about sandy bryson's evidence relating to registration. everyone agrees that there are only two possible positions. registered or unregistered, it is impossible to be invalidly registered.

this part of your blogpost is completely incorrect

We’ve cut out a huge section

referring to the eligibility rules, because they can be summed up very

briefly: the SFA’s understanding of the SPL’s rules was that a player

registered incorrectly was automatically ineligible to play. The

Commission found that even if a registration was improper, it

nevertheless remained in force unless and until it was explicitly

revoked.

1. the sfa have no understanding of the spl rules, they need none.

2. it states the spl rules are basically copies of the sfa ones

3. the sfa guy says that an player wrongly registered is still eligible to play until the registration is revoked. not the commision and if you are unable to decipher that from the text then you should be doing something less challenging in your spare time.

4. the spartans case you link to isn't relevant as the sfa never considered the player to be registered.

Edited by T_S_A_R

Predicted this about two days ago...

I'd say that the most striking point of all the Lord X inquiries in the political world over the years is this - that they almost always agree that everybody in authority acted "in good faith"; that "mistakes were made" although not by any identifiable individuals; that there were "institutional failings" that account for all "missteps" without attributing blame and most importantly, that nobody needs to go to jail.

I fully expect the same from Lord Nimmo i.e. errors were made by everyone... (snip) ...Followed by the football equivalent of a slap on the wrists and an agreement by the offending parties not to do it again.

Quite how they'll manage to come to this conclusion given the evidence available is beyond me, but they manage it in every other judicial inquiry, so I'm fairly sure they'll pull it off in Rangers' case as well.

Turns out that if anything, I was insufficiently cynical - Lord Nimmo's actually found them guilty of deliberately dodging proper registration, said that deliberately violating the rules doesn't amount to substantive cheating, and then hit a dead club that has no money with a whacking fine. A brave move, that.

So, if deliberately concealing payments isn't a way to "gain advantage", why even bother with a rule against concealing payments in the first place?

And why not just fine the dead club ninety million bajillion pounds, since nobody's getting a penny out of the nuked remnants of Rangers, especially not their creditors?

You have to laugh, really. This hilarious nonsense is right up there with "Massive cash gifts that never have to be repaid are actually loans" for nonsensical, within-a-baw-hair-of-legality legal horseshit justifying intentional sharp practice.

Credit to the Scottish football authorities for the way they've tackled financial f*ckery at Ibrox, though. They've made the Italian system look transparent and decisive by comparison.

Listening to snyde now and Delacunt and Walker are seething more than the posters on here. :lol::lol:

Walker, in particular, could barely control himself. He even had to check himself and proclaim that in no way was he prepared to criticise a law lord, a QC and a high court judge.

'Twas beautiful.

:wub:

Strathclyde Police‏@KeepPeopleSafe

Units currently on patrol at the Erskine bridge turning hordes of Celtic fans away. We advise people to take alternative routes tonight.

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

More

Feb 27

Ben, I haven't gloated on here because I think the whole commission process was a petulant farrago from the get-go.

However, I do laugh at posts like the one you referred to from williemillersmoustache.

"Cheating, lying, stealing minks. Confirmed." In what parallel universe do these chunts live?

One where you play by the rules and pay your debts, fucking mental aren't I. Congratulations on being found guilty on all charges yet still thinking you're clean as a whistle. As I said before, minks.

LNS: “Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage…nor did the non-disclosure have the effect that any of the registered players were ineligible to play and for that reason no sporting sanction or penalty should be imposed upon Rangers FC.”

There's yer meltdown, Rico. Right there.

:lol:

Can't help but notice you failed to answer my question.

Walker, in particular, could barely control himself. He even had to check himself and proclaim that in no way was he prepared to criticise a law lord, a QC and a high court judge.

'Twas beautiful.

Over on Radio Scotland Jum Spence and Graham Spiers were fluzating between absolute rage and "whaurs the razor blade" depressions tonight.

'Twas beautiful.

The Rangers are Scotlands OJ...............guilty as feck, yet unpunished. (apart from death mwahahahaha)

hmmmmmmm, OJ.............Orange Junta????

One where you play by the rules and pay your debts, fucking mental aren't I. Congratulations on being found guilty on all charges yet still thinking you're clean as a whistle. As I said before, minks.

Guilty of admin errors only Sheepy :lol:

Giruy :)

nobody's getting a penny out of the nuked remnants of Rangers, especially not their creditors?

Many Rangers supporter (myself included) hope that BDO will gather substantial sums from a variety of up-coming court cases to pay back creditors.

One gent on Radio Clyde tonight suggesting he expected the court cases to be successful enough to produce a surplus after all bills are met. If I understood correctly - there was a strong hint that the Scottish football authorities would be amongst those targeted for claims by BDO.

We'll see.

Guilty of admin errors only Sheepy :lol:

Giruy :)

And the guy responsible for said admin errors played what part in the delaying last summer to allow you time to get Green in and election up to the Scots Div 3?

Over on Radio Scotland Jum Spence and Graham Spiers were fluzating between absolute rage and "whaurs the razor blade" depressions tonight.

Such a pity they run these shows concurrently. I'll be looking for the podcast for jum and britney mind you.

Mac Goebells and his merry men have been very special today.

Pleasing :)

And the guy responsible for said admin errors played what part in the delaying last summer to allow you time to get Green in and election up to the Scots Div 3?

?????? :lol:

They've fined a dead a company and wasted well over a million on this investigation and hearing.

You gotta love the SPL :)

pay your debts? didnt aberdeens board simply dilute the shareholding in the club recently to wipe 4million off of the clubs debt?