Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You lot need to get away from Scotland for a break. I was just down to Newcastle for the weekend & it was brilliant, not a single mention of the OF or anything. It was fantastic!

So, now I'm back, are they dead yet?

A break? Try getting out permanently. You can go for weeks without hearing about them.

A break? Try getting out permanently. You can go for weeks without hearing about them.

Too true. There's folk down here don't even know rangers are on life-support. It's weird....

Mind you, the same folk let me get great prices at the bookies when EPL teams play in Europe or England play in Finals competitions, so it's not all bad! (Germany 7/4 in the WC2010 - paid for the WRK family holiday!)

KTID

Too true. There's folk down here don't even know rangers are on life-support. It's weird....

Mind you, the same folk let me get great prices at the bookies when EPL teams play in Europe or England play in Finals competitions, so it's not all bad! (Germany 7/4 in the WC2010 - paid for the WRK family holiday!)

KTID

Have to admit that I'm not a betting man but what I find amusing is when Rangers gets mentioned down here people think that Mark Hughes isn't likely to keep them up! Having a load of ex-pat weegies and bigots set up supporters clubs when they emigrate does not make them the 'global brand' they fantasise about being.

Would'nae mind a pint or two of whatever he's been drinking

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23818618/

“It’s an intriguing possibility getting involved in Rangers because it’s such a big club. Since I’ve been here I’ve realised how passionate the fans are and how deep the roots run. It’s not just them who support the club, it was their fathers, their grandfathers, their grandfathers’ fathers.

Yep the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. bigotry, a game for all the family.

If Rangers' fans dads and grandads went to see their beloved Gers, how come crowds were so low when they were pish?

unsure.gif

It seems Rangers only got a decent crowd when they won stuff, weird.

What does the future hold for all those pubs in every town and City that Rangers fans lovingly refer too as "Rangers shops"?

You know the ones, you will be telling a gloryhunter where you were drinking at the weekend and he pipes up that's a Rangers/Celtic shop mad.gif Does my tits in.

Naw it's a pub where i drank ya fuckwit, Now tell your club to hurry up and die knobhead.

Have to admit that I'm not a betting man but what I find amusing is when Rangers gets mentioned down here people think that Mark Hughes isn't likely to keep them up! Having a load of ex-pat weegies and bigots set up supporters clubs when they emigrate does not make them the 'global brand' they fantasise about being.

Utter shite ...I lived in deepest darkest Devon for a while and everybody that followed football had a fair knowledge of Rangers. This was in the late 80s and long before the nationwide coverage that has come from Sky TV

Utter shite ...I lived in deepest darkest Devon for a while and everybody that followed football had a fair knowledge of Rangers. This was in the late 80s and long before the nationwide coverage that has come from Sky TV

You lived in Devon in the 80's? But you were a season ticket holder going to Ibrox then too.

How can I argue with such first hand knowledge though. You lived in England for a while 30 odd years ago. I've lived in England for the last 15 years. You obviously know better. I submit.

And Rangers had the England goalie and captain due to being barred from European competition.

Would'nae mind a pint or two of whatever he's been drinking

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23818618/

Brilliant stuff. To be fair to the player, he's just come out with a couple of meaningless soundbites, because someone's asked his views on something he knows nothing about.

The real joke is that stories like this continue to run. No amount of succulent lamb seems to discourage these people who pass as journalists.

I'm also enjoying the idea of Ally McCoist being involved in all these meetings and discussions. Seriously, what the hell can his input be, beyond helping the PR put out to the proles?

So - 7-2 and I live amongst the heathen NOW but we're talking utter shite based on your memories of over twenty years ago? I suppose we'd better bow to your superior knowledge, then.

KTID

And Rangers had the England goalie and captain due to being barred from European competition.

Incredibly, Rangers sent more England players to the 1990 World Cup than any other club.

Some people seem to think they're still as significant today - bless.

So - 7-2 and I live amongst the heathen NOW but we're talking utter shite based on your memories of over twenty years ago? I suppose we'd better bow to your superior knowledge, then.

KTID

He's obviously rattled by the truth as I've rarely seem him swear.

In my experience down here Rangers = QPR. Glasgow Rangers = Blue Bigots.

One possible scenario? After liquidation two newcos emerge. One led by Dingwall and his dingbats the other by the minority of Rangers fans who are ordinary decent guys without the baggage. The football authorities favour the good guys and they are allowed into div. 3. The rest of us are quite happy because Glasgow is the largest city in the country and a biggish non sectarian club battling for success would be good for the game. I bet the fans involved in this newco would enjoy their football and the competition more.

Dingwall and his ilk could go the Bankies route, if they had the stomach for it, and reform in the juniors. Could groundshare with I dunno, Benburb or even better St Anthonys both of which are close!

if you read the whole article he contradicts himself all over the place

never mind Fulham were the global brand before Rangers.

From my time in Canada, they are certainly interested in the crowds and Celtic v Rangers thing but the "baggage" turns more people away than the rest brings.

One possible scenario? After liquidation two newcos emerge. One led by Dingwall and his dingbats the other by the minority of Rangers fans who are ordinary decent guys without the baggage. The football authorities favour the good guys and they are allowed into div. 3.

To be honest Willie, I think it's asking a lot for two people to establish and organise a 3rd division club.