Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The whole point which OF fans fail to grasp is that football is a GAME!!!!

Maybe many of us follow our team because our father did, and his father before that, etc but we dont go every week telling everyone about it. My great grandfather was a physio for Partick Thistle 100 years ago. I just thought I would share that. :)

We dont care about your religious beliefs, or your political biased. We have a laugh that aberdeen supporters shag sheep, St Johnstone are all farmers, clyde sleep with their sisters and the Jags are all students or old men with pipes, but its NEVER taken seriously.

I enjoy at the end of the game going for a drink and being able to have some banter and a chat with opposing fans.

I'm sure the queen and the pope would be shocked if they had to take in an OF game.

They'll be back just the same way as they came back in '86 when Holmes brought in Souness. For years before that i went everywhere following Rangers never having to worry about tickets then suddenly within 2 or 3 years it was a struggle to get tickets for certain fixtures. I remember talking about this at a pub in Aberdeen before a game up there and 2 guys blaming me and my mates for all Rangers troubles in the early 80s for blindly following the team and not 'boycotting' the games .

You missed out answering the post before this one No8. Could you please respond?

I enjoy at the end of the game going for a drink and being able to have some banter and a chat with opposing fans.

I'm sure the queen and the pope would be shocked if they had to take in an OF game.

I do grasp that and so do many others.

I have enjoyed drinks with Hearts supporters in their Supporters club near Haymarket...I had a great night with United fans in Glasgow after they beat us in the 1994 Scottish Cup Final and the best away night i have had was with Shelbourne supporters in Liverpool after a European 'away' game. I enjoy the banter at the games but it is not always possible to mix socially as many supporters of 'other' clubs have a deep rooted hatred of all things Old Firm and simply make it impossible for even the most reasonable OF supporter to mix with them.

I am sure the Queen and The Pope would be ashamed more than shocked if they witnessed some of the behaviour at an OF game

I answer posts, is that not what P&B is about, or is it simply that most on here have different standards for Celtic and Rangers fans

Celtic and Rangers fans have standards? ohmy.gif

Hmmm I did not imagine some years ago Celtic fans spewing and pissing in the streets in Oostende on their way to a game in Switzerland and generally noising up the locals.

Scum, vermin and dregs of society

You've clearly never traveled to a Scotland away game.

You missed out answering the post before this one No8. Could you please respond?

The one about the naming of the Newco?

I have no idea what they would be called and it matters little to me as i would see them as Rangers Football Club just under another name..They would still be my club and if it means we lose some of the baggage that went with the old club then so be it.

I was thinking about what you said...Did Gretna not reform a Newco and still use Gretna in the new name.?

Maybe many of us follow our team because our father did, and his father before that, etc but we dont go every week telling everyone about it. My great grandfather was a physio for Partick Thistle 100 years ago. I just thought I would share that. :)

We dont care about your religious beliefs, or your political biased. We have a laugh that aberdeen supporters shag sheep, St Johnstone are all farmers, clyde sleep with their sisters and the Jags are all students or old men with pipes, but its NEVER taken seriously.

Nothing like making a making generalised sweeping statement eh,

Of course Rangers fans would rather go down to the third division than stay in the SPL with a decimated squad and points reductions. You'll still be winning every week and lording it over the diddy teams. Business as usual.

Edited by kildog

I have no idea what they would be called and it matters little to me as i would see them as Rangers Football Club just under another name..They would still be my club and if it means we lose some of the baggage that went with the old club then so be it.

I was thinking about what you said...Did Gretna not reform a Newco and still use Gretna in the new name.?

Isn't there a separate issue if the name is a geographic one?

Don't think Rangers is a place.

Gretna 2008 apparently have 'no legal connection with the original Gretna FC' but they look to have wangled their way round it. Easier for them than Rangers though.

However, you have confirmed what was expected. No matter which club rises out of the ashes they will be Rangers in their supporters eyes, called Rangers no matter what the clubs name is and all the baggage will be transferred to it. Thank you.

Isn't there a separate issue if the name is a geographic one?

Don't think Rangers is a place.

OK

How about 'The Establishment Football Club' as many believe that is our 2nd name anyway. Really is the name that important?

You've clearly never traveled to a Scotland away game.

Nope but I,m sure it would be much the same.

It was the Celtic fans are angels and grand ambassadors for the country that I take issue with. Clearly they are not 'tho not any worse than some others as you have pointed out.

However, you have confirmed what was expected. No matter which club rises out of the ashes they will be Rangers in their supporters eyes, called Rangers no matter what the clubs name is and all the baggage will be transferred to it. Thank you.

What else did you expect??? Seems startling obvious that the NewCo will be Rangers in everything but name.

What else did you expect??? Seems startling obvious that the NewCo will be Rangers in everything but name.

It really will depend on how things go.

If Ibrox is sold on then the newco might not play there either. Id imagine that would make a huge difference to any new company that is formed.

Everything but name and legal entity. Rangers will be dead. That you and others choose to keep its memories alive through another club is irrelevant. Rangers will be dead.

I just wanted to hear what a long standing Rangers man would say without making assumptions. Some others have said they would give up going to games as Rangers were dead. I just hope its the vast majority that think that.

Everything but name and legal entity. Rangers will be dead. That you and others choose to keep its memories alive through another club is irrelevant. Rangers will be dead.

I just wanted to hear what a long standing Rangers man would say without making assumptions. Some others have said they would give up going to games as Rangers were dead. I just hope its the vast majority that think that.

If an American lawyer came over and said you weren't allowed to use Johnstone in your club's name as his firm had global copyright , and you had to call yourselves Perth City, would you stop going to games, and celebrating past victories?

If an American lawyer came over and said you weren't allowed to use Johnstone in your club's name as his firm had global copyright , and you had to call yourselves Perth City, would you stop going to games, and celebrating past victories?

A simple name change is a bit different to your club being liquidated and starting afresh to be fair.

Right i get you now...Yep i have read that on other Forums. They would be the same long standing Rangers men that gave up on the club in the early 80s. I would say we have a hard core support of around 15,000ish that will still go to Ibrox regardless of what level we are playing at. How that would hold up under a sustained period of little or no success i have no idea.

As i said i can only speak for myself and the people i know