Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No they didn't, BECAUSE YOU WAITED A COUPLE OF DECADES BEFORE TAKING THE PLUNGE.

How stupid are you?

I would bet my house that Rangers would have lost fans had they signed a Catholic in 1967, and anybody who was around at the time would agree. 1989 was perfect timing you had half the ERngland World Cup squad in your dressing room, and you'd just dumped Celtic in the shit by signing a player they had paraded as there's a few weeks earlier. Matt Taylor wasn't making a forecast about what would happen 22 years later he was stating the case for that specific period of time.

As I said "To dismiss Matt Taylors comments as utter nonsense just show's your ignorance of the period, the 1960's was a whole different world from the late 1980's"

Matt Taylor's quote AT THE TIME was a widely held belief and a genuine fear for Rangers.

We know they weren't founded in 1873 and we know they weren't founded as Protestant Boys Club but thsi was Rangers chosen story. A fable they used often before everyone and their granny could Google the bloody truth.

Can't say I've come across any uses of it than Taylor's, let alone seen it used often.

Now why dont you just f**k off!

You really are an angry man.

I merely pointed out the falsehoods in the quote you used.

Rangers were founded in 1872 and that is why we are celebrating our 140th anniversary THIS year and not next.

Try reading or at least getting your quotes from the Gallant Pioneers book for the truth....Instead of trolling the Net for more nonsense.

Oh aye and try calming down a bit...all that anger cant be good for you

An old video, but still a family favourite in the rangers household I'm sure ;)

Holy shit. What's the origin of this video? I've never seen it before and although it pretty much says everything I expect from them, I still find myself horrified by it.

Rangers were founded in 1872 and that is why we are celebrating our 140th anniversary THIS year and not next.

Try reading or at least getting your quotes from the Gallant Pioneers book for the truth....Instead of trolling the Net for more nonsense.

:rolleyes: seriously?

This is what SAF claimed in his autobiography. He was hardly likely to write why Rangers got rid of him.

They reckoned on no coaching ability?

Choking on the cards with the £5 notes coming through the big hoose letterbox laugh.gif

I think most of us are well aware that it was really Mr Primrose in 1912 who took Rangers down the sectarian path.

Really? I've no idea who Mr Primrose is. I'd suggest 'most of us' don't take such a keen interest in the history of Rangers FC.

How could that possibly be? Didn't you know Rangers were founded as a Protestant Boys club in 1873 :P

Do you want the full list? I know it is out there but cant be bothered going through every player and their religion and how often they played. Hugh O'Neil was another that was taken on loan and was a known Roman Catholic and a celtic fan at that. ;)

I know you are desperate to get in the bit about players being sold for marrying Roman Catholics...I love that one. You could maybe get away with it if my wife didn't work with Bobby Russells Roman Catholic wife and i know Dave MacPhersons Roman Catholic brother in law. :P

is that hugh oniel rangers git in loan from the US for a year but when they found out he was a catholic he was concined to the reserves for a year and never made the first team?

also in the reserves he played in every game except against celtic when he was dropped.

great example?!

ps please give me your "list of catholic players" rangers have had between 1920 uptil MoJo

i could do with a laugh.

Really? I've no idea who Mr Primrose is. I'd suggest 'most of us' don't take such a keen interest in the history of Rangers FC.

Duh :rolleyes:

Great grandfather of Mr Custard.

Rangers are 140, St Mirren are 135... so we've just brought out a retro 3rd kit which is based on our 1877 original jersey and is selling superbly, making JD Sports and St Mirren FC very happy, and our supporters have a genuinely different and collectable jersey to purchase, should they choose to.

Meanwhile, Minty literally sold the jerseys. Lovely.

Are they dead yet?

No they didn't, BECAUSE YOU WAITED A COUPLE OF DECADES BEFORE TAKING THE PLUNGE.

How stupid are you?

I would bet my house that Rangers would have lost fans had they signed a Catholic in 1967, and anybody who was around at the time would agree. 1989 was perfect timing you had half the ERngland World Cup squad in your dressing room, and you'd just dumped Celtic in the shit by signing a player they had paraded as there's a few weeks earlier. Matt Taylor wasn't making a forecast about what would happen 22 years later he was stating the case for that specific period of time.

As I said "To dismiss Matt Taylors comments as utter nonsense just show's your ignorance of the period, the 1960's was a whole different world from the late 1980's"

Matt Taylor's quote AT THE TIME was a widely held belief and a genuine fear for Rangers.

We know they weren't founded in 1873 and we know they weren't founded as Protestant Boys Club but thsi was Rangers chosen story. A fable they used often before everyone and their granny could Google the bloody truth.

My mate's dad played for Rangers in 1969, he was a promising youngster, mooted to make the first team but met and married a catholic girl, he was asked to leave the club after he married her.

Holy shit. What's the origin of this video? I've never seen it before and although it pretty much says everything I expect from them, I still find myself horrified by it.

Posted by one Tim Malloy Rebel Bhoy, an obviously fine, upstanding individual who is shocked by its content and unable to understand how people can hold such outdated, narrow minded, bigoted views in today's society.

My mate's dad played for Rangers in 1969, he was a promising youngster, mooted to make the first team but met and married a catholic girl, he was asked to leave the club after he married her.

So what happened? Did he go on to make it with another club or was he a Gordon Ramsay-esque name dropping has-been? :P

It will be on YouTube, cant look it up at the moment, I wonder wonder though what has happened to that individual, is he still as bitter, does he still wear his Ranger top 24/7. did he go to N.Ireland and fight the good fight.

Doubt it, he probably either died of a Heart attack or something an alcohol related

Edited by Enrico Annoni

So what happened? Did he go on to make it with another club or was he a Gordon Ramsay-esque name dropping has-been? :P

He was disenchanted and gave up the game, his nephew went on to play for Celtic and Scotland in the 90's/00's.

Posted by one Tim Malloy Rebel Bhoy, an obviously fine, upstanding individual who is shocked by its content and unable to understand how people can hold such outdated, narrow minded, bigoted views in today's society.

Yeah, I had to switch to watching it on youtube so I could turn the annotations off. I really just listened to it 'cause it was starting to piss me off. Still intrigued about whether it ever aired in a documentary or similar though.

Alex Thomson tweeting that UEFA have told him it's "virtually impossible" that RFC will get a licence but that the final decision rests with the SFA.

No chickens being counted on my part then.

You do know, if they don't get a licence to play in europe next season (righfully) all this will do is reinforce their beliefs that teh SFA are anti - Rangers and Stewart Regan is Lawwell puppet :rolleyes: