Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Excellent. That can of worms get further open every day. Go hang the interfering b*****ds.

What+Salmond+said.png

They can't even spell peepul correctly, vote lost.

Salmond has badly misjudged the whole affair- his advisers should have told him to steer well clear, and leave it to Shona Robison to issue some well-meaning platitudes that don't commit the government to anything.

Instead his jumped in with both feet and has made a bit of an arse of himself- something that will be confirmed if he gets rapped across the knuckles by UEFA. They take a very dim view of any kind of political "interference" in the game and the fact that Salmond has blocked access to precise details of who said what to whom in meetings with HMRC suggests that he knows himself that he has gone way further than he should.

A rare mistake from him IMO.

Exactly what are you accusing him of, how has he "made a bit of an arse of himself" & to what extent are you suggesting there has been "political interference in the game"? As your post is about as vague as CW's financial dealings

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but Jane Lewis is saying on Twitter that Rapid Vienna are going to UEFA if Rangers don't cough up the Jelavic money and also that Rapid aren't willing to accept a CVA.

Pleasing

I'd imagine Rapid are still a bit bitter over the way Jelavic forced through the transfer at the time.

Is it not the case that scottish football as a whole, inc national team, could be sanctioned due to this alleged political interference?

Where, exactly, are Holyrood interfering with the running of Scottish Football?

Is it not the case that scottish football as a whole, inc national team, could be sanctioned due to this alleged political interference?

I feel sorry for Motherwell and the other non-OF European qualifying teams if this is the case but the collateral damage could well be worth it in the end. A period of no Scottish teams in Europe will slightly even the playing field with respect to club income, Motherwell and the others are well prepared for living without European income, Celtic and Rangers however will be dragged a bit closer to the rest of us.

Theoretically yes but the chances of that happening are nil.

Tbh Salmond should have known better to get involved given the emotive nature of this case but he'll rightly point out that any Scottish business which turns over tens of millions potentially going bust would raise a couple of phone calls in the halls of government. Slap on the wrist/warning from UEFA and no more.

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but Jane Lewis is saying on Twitter that Rapid Vienna are going to UEFA if Rangers don't cough up the Jelavic money and also that Rapid aren't willing to accept a CVA.

Will they have a choice in the matter if bigger creditors agree it?

Tbh Salmond should have known better to get involved given the emotive nature of this case but he'll rightly point out that any Scottish business which turns over tens of millions potentially going bust would raise a couple of phone calls in the halls of government. Slap on the wrist/warning from UEFA and no more.

Don't think anything would happen unless he tried to boss the SFA or SPL about. It's nothing to do with FIFA or UEFA what he says to the HMRC. Spanish football would be right down the pan if that was was the case.

If his/the SNP's influence on HMRC sees them settling when they wouldn't have otherwise, with the result that Rangers survive, then surely the political interference in Scottish football is direct with massive knock on effects for the game in Scotland. That's worth a lot more than a slap on the wrist but, come to think of it, who would actually get punished by UEFA? Surely they could only sanction Rangers but by then the damage would have been done ie they survived. If they sanctioned the SPL or national team then the innocent get punished twice.

Exactly what are you accusing him of, how has he "made a bit of an arse of himself" & to what extent are you suggesting there has been "political interference in the game"? As your post is about as vague as CW's financial dealings

My post is perfectly clear. if you are incapable of understanding it then that is hardly my problem.

Salmond has

1. Held meetings with HMRC on the subject of Rangers FC- the contents of said meeting are redacted now, on a very dubious basis, supposedly as they would "materially damage relations between the Scottish and UK government". aye, right. More likely "materially damage Salmond's electoral chances" as I strongly suspect they involve him pleading with the tax authorities on Rangers' behalf.

2. the evidence of Salmond's early involvement in the Rangers crisis- issuing a diaherretic spasm of press releases on the subject and basically calling for leniency and for some nice rich man to come and save the "Scottish institution" that is the big hoos

3. Him and Robison retreating at a rate of knots when they began to encoutner criticism from fans of the 40 non-OF clubs for falling over himself to prop up said financially incontinent institution - whereas he'd have quite happily have let any of those 40 clubs go to the wall, were they in a similar situation to Rangers.

In UEFA's eyes, all of these interventions may constitute political interference in the running (i.e. strategy and direction) of football in this country, and they will take a very dim view of it.

Not sure what exactly a) you don't understand and b) why you're jumping up and down purple faced with rage about it.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

My post is perfectly clear. if you are incapable of understanding it then that is hardly my problem.

Salmond has

1. Held meetings with HMRC on the subject of Rangers FC- the contents of said meeting are redacted now, on a very dubious basis, supposedly as they would "materially damage relations between the Scottish and UK government". aye, right. More likely "materially damage Salmond's electoral chances" as I strongly suspect they involve him pleading with the tax authorities on Rangers' behalf.

2. the evidence of Salmond's early involvement in the Rangers crisis- issuing a diaherretic spasm of press releases on the subject and basically calling for leniency and for some nice rich man to come and save the "Scottish institution" that is the big hoos

3. Him and Robison retreating at a rate of knots when they began to encoutner criticism from fans of the 40 non-OF clubs for falling over himself to prop up said financially incontinent institution - whereas he'd have quite happily have let any of those 40 clubs go to the wall, were they in a similar situation to Rangers.

In UEFA's eyes, all of these interventions may constitute political interference in the running (i.e. strategy and direction) of football in this country, and they will take a very dim view of it.

Not sure what exactly a) you don't understand and b) why you're jumping up and down purple faced with rage about it.

41 non-Renegers clubs

Will they have a choice in the matter if bigger creditors agree it?

Possibly - it would depend on what the voting for/against a CVA was excluding Rapid. Assuming it's very close, Rapid may well swing a veto.

Other than that, they can continue to protest against a CVA after the event to FIFA/Uefa/whoever deals with international transfer regs and get a transfer ban imposed on Der Orkenkind FC

Really? I've no idea who Mr Primrose is. I'd suggest 'most of us' don't take such a keen interest in the history of Rangers FC.

If you really want to feel sick here is an entry from a Rangers wiki site:

"Sir John Ure Primrose, 1st Baronet LL.D (b.1847-d.1924), was the second ever chairman of The Rangers Football Club. He held many other important positions within the city and was active in community life, particularly around the Ibrox area, where he was a founder member of Lodge Pollok No772 and involved in the choir of a local church. Described as a wise, gracious, elegant and charitable man, he held high views on the words 'sportsmanship' and can be said to have made sure this value was installed in everyone connected with the club. He was also particularly enthusiastic in Rangers participation in the Glasgow Merchants Charity Cup, and often helped smaller clubs with things such as functions and dinners.

His great nephew Bob Wilson played for Wolves, Arsenal and Scotland."

I can just about stand all the stuff about Lodges, the hypocritcial cack about sportmanship and the patronising help to the diddy clubs of the day - but Bob Wilson's great-uncle - that's the last straw.

Liquidate them now

Edited by eightmile

Salmond has

David Cameron has done exactly the same thing in England on behalf of Portsmouth. He was putting political pressure on the HMRC. Will UEFA be investigating this?

I might just forgive them for cheating us out of europe in 1984 if that's the case. Won't forgive the numpty that threw the bottle and gave them the excuse though.

I might just forgive them for cheating us out of europe in 1984 if that's the case. Won't forgive the numpty that threw the bottle and gave them the excuse though.

Looks like the BBC are breaking this story - time for the Vanguard Bears to bury their heads deeper in the sand and picket the BBC again.

douglas_fraser2_normal.jpg BBCDouglsFraser : Rapid Vienna, owed >£1m by #Rangers, tells BBC it expects to be paid in full. If not, hints at block on UEFA participation unknown time agomore »36 retweets | 3 repliesimage_normal.jpg BBCjsutherland : Rapid Vienna say they will go to UEFA if they don't get the money owed for Nikica Jelavic #Rangersunknown time agomore »25 retweetsIMG00112-20111010-1018_normal.jpg JaneLewisSport : Rapid Vienna will go to UEFA if Rangers dont pay the money they owe for Nikica Jelavic. They also say they wouldnt b willing 2 accept a CVA. unknown time ago

Edited by eightmile

Salmond has

There's only one person getting in a funk & that's you.

How big a hole in the Angus economy would there be if this place pulled out? Nice to know they were fighting Mo's corner in this one were we?

Edited by kiddy

I actually worked with the f**k nugget that threw the bottle on the Glasgow Science Park back in '99..........he was fair proud of it too ! unsure.gif

He's a shite pipe layer too ! tongue.gif